5'11" kid with a 50" vertical can put Blake Griffin to shame

It was unedited and it was to show his vert. Look up some other vids they're legit.

The 5'11 white kid that STAT1 posted is fantastic aswell.

I think none of the best 30 dunkers in the world currently plays in the NBA.

If they want to revive the dunk contest they should allow one or two wildcard entries (none NBA players). Problem is NBA players would get embarrassed, so it's not going to happen.

uhmm...

since when was a 5'11 basketball player unable to dunk. I know shorter guys with hops and a decent game to go along with it. Nothing really impressive here, unless you are easily amused by small leaps and bounds...

knicksin60

Starter
Why do you refer to him as a kid? Wasn't this guy playing shooting guard for the Knicks twenty years ago? He sure has hops for a fifty year old man.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
I'm 6"5/6"6 and even on my best day I could only dream of that kind of air!

As for putting Blake Griffin to shame, well everyone already did that in the dunk contest already but not many have done it on the court at game time, you know when it matters.

I played against a guy who was 6"11 once (and over here that's some feat) and dunked right in his face and my coach was amazed and laughing, serious I got the kind of adrenaline that only someone pissing you off all game can produce and I sat his ass down.

Sadly they won the game and quite comfortably too so my dunk has mixed emotions for me.

I can't dunk now due to constant leg, knee, ankle injuries but I'm gonna make sure I get training again soon (went all Eddy Curry) and I'm gonna hit that rim again, I swear it!

STAT1

Starter
Imo the two best dunkers in the world are T-Dub and Golden Child from Team Flight Brothers. Both got 50 inch verts.

T-Dub is 5-9 (with shoes) and Golden Child is 6-0.

T-Dub can get his nose on rim level, Golden Child his chin. It's crazy really crazy.

T-Dub is unbelievable watch some of the things he's done in dunk contests, probably the best dunker of all time.

I dunno about best dunkers of alltime, but those guys have some crazy hops. ;)

Here's another guy that can really throw it down, I'm sure you've all seen videos of this cat posted up on the internet the past few years.

* message to Blake Griffin: please see the 2:10 mark of this clip to see how that jumping over a car dunk is supposed to be done.

Last edited:

STAT1

Starter
uhmm...

since when was a 5'11 basketball player unable to dunk. I know shorter guys with hops and a decent game to go along with it. Nothing really impressive here, unless you are easily amused by small leaps and bounds...

I dunno what you think an impressive dunk is but in my book these dunks definitely qualify. I can maybe see Andre Iguodala, Lebron James, Jason Richardson or Vince Carter in their primes doing all these dunks that this kid is going in that clip & those guys all have at least 6 inches or more in height advantage. If throwing down these dunks was so easy you'd be seeing a lot more guys doing them in the dunk contest every year. Nate Robinson is about the most athletic short guy playing in the NBA & I bet he couldn't do half the dunks this kid is doing in that clip either.

The Garden '95

Benchwarmer
im not sayin this would make you dunk like those guys but mostly everyones problem is jumping form.4 days ago i couldnt dunk then i looked up correct jumping technique and boom i can throw it down with one hand, the problem with me is that i didnt let my legs do the jumping but tried to make my body do it in a full motion,try jumping with ONLY your legs and not arching your back or moving while in mid air and there you go.