Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stromile Swift is still available!

Hybrid View

Default Stromile Swift is still available!

Now that we have Crawford and may get Dampier adding Stromile Swift will be a dream team! Who knows:

PG Marbury
    SG Crawford
    SF Carter
    PF Swift
    C Dampier

how do you know swift is still out there?? and thats a good line up but the knicks dont have the money or the plays to get swift or carter.

If damp signs for the exception, then you can package kurt and someone else for stromile swift... that might hamper sweetneys future tho.. but itd be a good trade

and please stop the carter talk if we traded marbury for him id hang myself...hes athletic plays no d and sits out half the year like a bum, we really, really dont need three shooting guards that make over a combined 150 mil

carter is a SF and damn if we get that line up togetehr thats amazinbut we i want sweets 2 start i think we got our Sf and we should keepe him and strat him hes gona be a nice playa i future and we should let him start and develop.

Sweetney is great but Swift gives you much more defense and rebounding. Even in the summer league Sweetney got in foul trouble often. Hs's too big! But I love him off the bench. Swift and Dampier would give the Knicks two shot blockers and rebounders in the line-up. And Swift also has post-up game. The Grizzles have said that they will match any offer. But I think if Dampier signs for the MLE we could be able to package Kurt Thomas and others for Swift. And I do agree that Carter is hurt too much. Tim Thomas is a safer risk.

jerry west is too smart to take our hobbled overpriced players for a hot commidity like swift.and speaking of hobbled and overpriced no more cater talks please

So how about us giving them Sweetney for Swift?

to get carter we got to give marbury

No way we should trade Sweetney for Swift...the Knicks finally have some guys with "up-side" and a solid foundation to build upon.

I wouldn't call his flabby body a " solid fondation " to build around. I question his off season work ethic. I think trading him for Swift would be wise. I've seen Swift guard Duncan and play him very well in the playoffs. He blocked one of Duncan's shots and altered a few more. Duncan seemed reluctant against him. That's all I needed to see. When I first saw Jermaine O'Neal in Portland I saw him guard Shaq for about five minutes. He also blocked a shot (but an invisible foul was called). That's all I needed to see to know that at the time of the trade for Dale Davis that Portland had been swindled! Mark my words if we don't pursue Stromile Swift we will regret it!

Originally Posted by Imiss#33
    No way we should trade Sweetney for Swift...the Knicks finally have some guys with "up-side" and a solid foundation to build upon.
    sweetney is going to be like the old vin baker. i wouldent want to trade a player thats going to be a superstar.

Guys who's the last player at that type of build to be effective for a several years. Sweetney stock is high, we should be looking to trade him before his knees get sore or gets exposed defensively.

Swift wasnt even a starter on a team that got swept in the first round.

no matter what his role is you cant say u does not have skills. if the knicks pick him up its nothing but good.

I have old posts on Knicksonline.com before his tremendous performances in the summer league quoting me ripping coach Wilkens about not playing Sweetney in the playoffs. I know he has skills. But we need more defense, blocks and running from that position. We need to be able to keep up with the "Wallace" backourt of Detroit. Could you guys imagine Sweetney guarding Rasheed. He'd be in foul trouble in the 1st quarter.