Stromile Swift is still available!

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
Now that we have Crawford and may get Dampier adding Stromile Swift will be a dream team! Who knows:

PG Marbury
SG Crawford
SF Carter
PF Swift
C Dampier

JJtheKnick

Starter
how do you know swift is still out there?? and thats a good line up but the knicks dont have the money or the plays to get swift or carter.

If damp signs for the exception, then you can package kurt and someone else for stromile swift... that might hamper sweetneys future tho.. but itd be a good trade

and please stop the carter talk if we traded marbury for him id hang myself...hes athletic plays no d and sits out half the year like a bum, we really, really dont need three shooting guards that make over a combined 150 mil

carter is a SF and damn if we get that line up togetehr thats amazinbut we i want sweets 2 start i think we got our Sf and we should keepe him and strat him hes gona be a nice playa i future and we should let him start and develop.

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
Sweetney is great but Swift gives you much more defense and rebounding. Even in the summer league Sweetney got in foul trouble often. Hs's too big! But I love him off the bench. Swift and Dampier would give the Knicks two shot blockers and rebounders in the line-up. And Swift also has post-up game. The Grizzles have said that they will match any offer. But I think if Dampier signs for the MLE we could be able to package Kurt Thomas and others for Swift. And I do agree that Carter is hurt too much. Tim Thomas is a safer risk.

dacash

Benchwarmer
jerry west is too smart to take our hobbled overpriced players for a hot commidity like swift.and speaking of hobbled and overpriced no more cater talks please

Imiss#33

Benchwarmer
No way we should trade Sweetney for Swift...the Knicks finally have some guys with "up-side" and a solid foundation to build upon.

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
I wouldn't call his flabby body a " solid fondation " to build around. I question his off season work ethic. I think trading him for Swift would be wise. I've seen Swift guard Duncan and play him very well in the playoffs. He blocked one of Duncan's shots and altered a few more. Duncan seemed reluctant against him. That's all I needed to see. When I first saw Jermaine O'Neal in Portland I saw him guard Shaq for about five minutes. He also blocked a shot (but an invisible foul was called). That's all I needed to see to know that at the time of the trade for Dale Davis that Portland had been swindled! Mark my words if we don't pursue Stromile Swift we will regret it!

JJtheKnick

Starter
Imiss#33 said:
No way we should trade Sweetney for Swift...the Knicks finally have some guys with "up-side" and a solid foundation to build upon.

sweetney is going to be like the old vin baker. i wouldent want to trade a player thats going to be a superstar.

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
Guys who's the last player at that type of build to be effective for a several years. Sweetney stock is high, we should be looking to trade him before his knees get sore or gets exposed defensively.

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
I have old posts on Knicksonline.com before his tremendous performances in the summer league quoting me ripping coach Wilkens about not playing Sweetney in the playoffs. I know he has skills. But we need more defense, blocks and running from that position. We need to be able to keep up with the "Wallace" backourt of Detroit. Could you guys imagine Sweetney guarding Rasheed. He'd be in foul trouble in the 1st quarter.

ARKATECH

Rookie
Look ......... swift dosn't even put up big numbers

CAREER AVERAGES

YEAR TEAM G - MPG FG% FT% RPG BPG - TO - PF - PPG
00-01 VAN 80 16.4 .451 .603 3.60 1.03 .80 2.00 4.9
01-02 MEM 68 26.5 .480 .711 6.30 1.66 1.79 2.60 11.8
02-03 MEM 67 22.1 .481 .722 5.70 1.55 1.48 2.30 9.7
03-04 MEM 77 19.8 .469 .725 4.90 1.53 1.14 2.40 9.4
Career --- 292 21.0 .472 .702 5.10 1.43 1.28 2.30 8.8

His best numbers were in his second year. Not to say he's not a good player ( He has some bangin dunks), but he's young and athletic, just like most people at his position. You make it sound like the man is the next Larry Johson ............. be easy. When he starts turning into Kmart then get excited. I've seen him play, he's impresive at times, but over all he need's work. Just like sweetny. Let sweetny get a chance to prove himself. In the post i bet he could out play swift! He could post swift all day. Maybe you guys forgot about that two hand put back Sweets caguht in the playoffs. Good stuff for a 1st year player. Pretty athletic move for a guy his size, even i was suprised. I say stick with sweetny, forget swift and go after bigger fish ........... Dampier!

JJtheKnick

Starter
everyone would rather have dampier than swift (i know i would). and swift does the thinks that are not in the numbers. with his D and the way he plays. if we get swift it cant be bad only good.

JJtheKnick

Starter
yea that team would probably go all the way but that team is not going to happen. no money and no good players to trade.

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
Dampier's numbers for a starter are good not great. I think Swift has upside. Dampier is Dampier. Swift can and I think will become a similar player with Jermain O'Neal. That's why Memphis hasn't played him much. They didn't want him to shine so that no one would want him. Now they continue to try to scare off other teams by saying they will match any offer. If Swift is what his stats say he is why would they do such a thing? And if he didn't play much because of inability what has changed since then? That's why I think he should be the next priority not Dampier. It should be Swift, Dampier then Vin B.