Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stromile Swift is still available!

Look ......... swift dosn't even put up big numbers

CAREER AVERAGES

YEAR TEAM G - MPG FG% FT% RPG BPG - TO - PF - PPG
    00-01 VAN 80 16.4 .451 .603 3.60 1.03 .80 2.00 4.9
    01-02 MEM 68 26.5 .480 .711 6.30 1.66 1.79 2.60 11.8
    02-03 MEM 67 22.1 .481 .722 5.70 1.55 1.48 2.30 9.7
    03-04 MEM 77 19.8 .469 .725 4.90 1.53 1.14 2.40 9.4
    Career --- 292 21.0 .472 .702 5.10 1.43 1.28 2.30 8.8

His best numbers were in his second year. Not to say he's not a good player ( He has some bangin dunks), but he's young and athletic, just like most people at his position. You make it sound like the man is the next Larry Johson ............. be easy. When he starts turning into Kmart then get excited. I've seen him play, he's impresive at times, but over all he need's work. Just like sweetny. Let sweetny get a chance to prove himself. In the post i bet he could out play swift! He could post swift all day. Maybe you guys forgot about that two hand put back Sweets caguht in the playoffs. Good stuff for a 1st year player. Pretty athletic move for a guy his size, even i was suprised. I say stick with sweetny, forget swift and go after bigger fish ........... Dampier!

everyone would rather have dampier than swift (i know i would). and swift does the thinks that are not in the numbers. with his D and the way he plays. if we get swift it cant be bad only good.

Default Re: Stromile Swift is still available!

Originally Posted by nycefnl
    Now that we have Crawford and may get Dampier adding Stromile Swift will be a dream team! Who knows:

PG Marbury
    SG Crawford
    SF Carter
    PF Swift
    C Dampier
    with this team... two words: nba champions!

yea that team would probably go all the way but that team is not going to happen. no money and no good players to trade.

Dampier's numbers for a starter are good not great. I think Swift has upside. Dampier is Dampier. Swift can and I think will become a similar player with Jermain O'Neal. That's why Memphis hasn't played him much. They didn't want him to shine so that no one would want him. Now they continue to try to scare off other teams by saying they will match any offer. If Swift is what his stats say he is why would they do such a thing? And if he didn't play much because of inability what has changed since then? That's why I think he should be the next priority not Dampier. It should be Swift, Dampier then Vin B.

My worry about targeting Swift over Damp is that in April and May we will all be saying "if we only had a center..." I don't think you can pass up a shot at a quality big man...Swift might have more upside...but Damp fills a void that we must take care of...

Good point Imiss#33, I think we should stick around until Dampier is out of the picture then try for someone else.

Originally Posted by dasilva1079
    Good point Imiss#33, I think we should stick around until Dampier is out of the picture then try for someone else.
    everybody feels like that. i would rather have dampier than swift. and we should only focus on dampier untill we get him or he signs with another team. then look at whatever you want.

You've all made excellent points but remember his totals are like 12 points on a bad team for a "dominant center". Ben Wallace isn't actually a center. It takes more of a team defensive style to beat teams in the East. We've seen how much K-Mart caused teams in the east problems for the last few years. We will definately get by the east without a marquee center (Dampier is marquee?) We need a good center group by committee (Baker, Mohammad and a third option to slow down shaq and a PF to offset Jermaine O'Neal. I'm not saying don't pursue Dampier but pursue Stromile Swift first. He is more likely to be star for years to come. A nucleus of young players such as Marbury, Tim Thomas, Crawford and Swift gives you stability at 4 positions for the next 3 years at least.

Problem there is that Baker is a crap shoot...he may be out of the league by December...Nazr was so overmatched in the playoffs that we had to go to Mutombo...I agree that you need depth in the frontcourt; but, we have to have a big (Damp) body to compete for more than a first round win

The Knicks never take time to develop talent. Why even go to the draft if we've got the Yankee like mentallity to buy the best talent. And when we've over paid..we're mad at the players for not being what we paid for. Blame Layden and the other GM's that paid Shandon Anderson 7+ Million to sit on the bench. If we stay put let guys devlop then in '07 we can really take a run at things. I don't want a competitive team, I want a winner!

the new rookie they got is truning out to be great. so who cares if the guy needs a year or two to become the player he is going to be. the knicks are still ganna play and when its all siad and done the knicks will have a young superstar.

I agree with JJ....I think the Knicks may have gotten a hell of a steal in the 2nd round...I also think that they are starting to have a nice blend of new and old players.

isiah knew what he was doing in that 2nd round. he knew who was good and who wasent. great job by isiah as always.

I agree. And if he gets Stromile we may have a Dynasty in the making. He'll give us that dominant center. If Swift comes here I wouldn't mind trading for Wally World.