TD or NOT 100% Billups against Memphis?

Billups or TD as starter against Memphis

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

YungMelo15

Benchwarmer
I read an article that stated Chauncey is "iffey" for wednesdays game against memphis. Besides The nuggets, the grizzlies are one of the hottest teams in the league since the all-star break. Rudy gay is still out with injury (Advantage Melo) but they're PG Conley jr is playing his best basketball right now(IMO). Dont forget they're dominate inside with gasol and randolph.

My question is, if Billups was to say he could play at less than 100%, would you rather put him in the staring line up or keep TD as a starter? Which (IMO) is a confidence builder and learning experience to him.

Keep in mind, the grizz are 1 of the hottest teams in the league, with a jameer nelson type PG in conley. (Who billups had problems with against Orlando)

kylepicklehead

Benchwarmer
I read an article that stated Chauncey is "iffey" for wednesdays game against memphis. Besides The nuggets, the grizzlies are one of the hottest teams in the league since the all-star break. Rudy gay is still out with injury (Advantage Melo) but they're PG Conley jr is playing his best basketball right now(IMO). Dont forget they're dominate inside with gasol and randolph.

My question is, if Billups was to say he could play at less than 100%, would you rather put him in the staring line up or keep TD as a starter? Which (IMO) is a confidence builder and learning experience to him.

Keep in mind, the grizz are 1 of the hottest teams in the league, with a jameer nelson type PG in conley. (Who billups had problems with against Orlando)

I say, let Toney roll for us at point until Chauncey is 100%. Toney plays solid D and can cover Conley. This is going to be a tough game in the paint against Gasol and Randolph, but we'll see. I'd like to have Chauncey at full strength instead of rushing him back to quickly and risking another injury.

Toney has been playing well lately. I say stick with Tone!

keyser soze

Benchwarmer
It's never smart to rush a pivotal player like Billups back in time for a regular season game in the NBA. The game just isn't important enough. It's much more important to have this guy back healthy and fully functional come playoff time than it is to beat Memphis in Memphis on March 9nth.

Sage

Rotation player
TD easily, why rush Billups back? Make sure he's 100% healthy before putting him back in the lineup.

There is no way we should jeopardize Billups re injuring himself right now. Let him get completely healthy because we'll need him at 100% come playoffs...

YungMelo15

Benchwarmer
There is no way we should jeopardize Billups re injuring himself right now. Let him get completely healthy because we'll need him at 100% come playoffs...

You guys dont think this game is that important though? Me personally I would want to sit billups if he wasnt at least 85-90% ready. The thng at the back of my mind is when to bring him back though? Why keep him out of the offense when you could get him back in game shape and back to gelling with the team ON the court?

You want billups in as many games as possible for more time to gel wth the team, would it be better to bring him back against dallas or just sit him the rest of the week??

New New York

Quiet Storm
as good as Memphis is playing right now, rushing Billups back is foolish, especially since he would then have to turn around and play an even tougher opponent in Dallas!

I get that this is an important game in terms of momentum and playoff positioning, but lets be real we are not going to fall out of the playoff race with 20 games to go and a six game lead over Indy, so as much as I would love to have Chauncy back, let him chill get 100 and hopefully he be ready for the more difficult matchup in Dallas

I just went on a Grizzlies forum and their scared of Amare because they know that they don't have anyone to guard him,there not scared of Carmelo because they think Battier and Tony Allen can shut him down.This is going to be a tough game.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
No sense in killing Billups when TD has been doing just fine. Let TD get more comfortable in the starting line-up and we can play Billups when he is completely healthy.

I really look forward to tomorrows game. Memphis is playing good ball.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
An idea is for him to dress for the game to mess with Memphis' scouting report, keep him on the pine as an option and bring him in at the end of the 1st for an indicator on his situation.

Limited minutes in the second unit in which we usually play 4 bench players and Melo or 3 bench players, Jefferies and Melo.

Depending, of course, on just how bad he is.

Are the coaching staff not eluding to just how bad his injury is? Are there any more specific updates?

Stat4mvp

Benchwarmer
TD for sure. Our seeding is not likely to change, and its important that Chauncey gets healthy and rested for the playoffs.

Stat4mvp

Benchwarmer
Crazy⑧s;166015 said:
Our position on the ladder WILL change depending on whether we win or lose this game.

But in the long run over the remainder of the season I do not see the Sixers leap frogging us eventhough they're right behind, and we could get ahead of Atlanta but I wouldn't bet on it, and quite honestly I'd rather have the 6 seed and play miami than have the 5 seed and play the magic.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
But in the long run over the remainder of the season I do not see the Sixers leap frogging us eventhough they're right behind, and we could get ahead of Atlanta but I wouldn't bet on it, and quite honestly I'd rather have the 6 seed and play miami than have the 5 seed and play the magic.

After Miami's loss there's a likelihood that Orlando could surpass them on the ladder. We don't want to face them in the first. Luckily Miami's conclusive 15 games, as a majority, are against -.500 teams.

We're only 0.5 games ahead of Philly now, and their remaining schedule is easier than ours.

Kiyaman

Legend
I just went on a Grizzlies forum and their scared of Amare because they know that they don't have anyone to guard him,there not scared of Carmelo because they think Battier and Tony Allen can shut him down.This is going to be a tough game.

:agreed:
Conley has step-up his level of performance (during Gay's injury)
with the return of OJ Mayo, and Battier. Gasol & Zach cant stop
Amare from scoring, but then again Amare & Jefferies wont stop
Zach's 20-10.
Carmelo will have scoring problems vs Battier/T.Allen/and Sam Young.
I have (Defensive) faith in Douglas/Fields/Carter in shutting down Conley
& Mayo in the 2nd half of the game.

Leave Billups alone.............:thumbsup:
Let Billups keep coaching on the bench while getting healthy.
I liked the idea of using a 9+ man rotation, plus I was double
impress at not putting Carmelo back in the game during the 4th
qtr. vs the Hawks.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Dantoni's type of foolish coaching has been thrown out the window
since Billups injury.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
patience Billups has already helped Douglas more then any of us could've imagined. Toney's playing with confidence and killer instinct with the same "i run the plays, and ill score if i can" attitude that Billups has. let em roll and keep billups on ice till he's 100% which will make us more lethal

KingofNy

Starter
patience Billups has already helped Douglas more then any of us could've imagined. Toney's playing with confidence and killer instinct with the same "i run the plays, and ill score if i can" attitude that Billups has. let em roll and keep billups on ice till he's 100% which will make us more lethal

I totally agree. Billups has helped this team in so many ways. I think this team needed another veteran leader and Billups is that guy. We should be very thankful we got this guy, he is like GOLD on the court or just sitting on the bench teaching Antoni/team how to coach D.

Billups is without a doubt the BEST throw-in player in a trade EVER!

YungMelo15

Benchwarmer
Crazy⑧s;166011 said:
An idea is for him to dress for the game to mess with Memphis' scouting report, keep him on the pine as an option and bring him in at the end of the 1st for an indicator on his situation.

Limited minutes in the second unit in which we usually play 4 bench players and Melo or 3 bench players, Jefferies and Melo.

Depending, of course, on just how bad he is.

Are the coaching staff not eluding to just how bad his injury is? Are there any more specific updates?

What they were saying is that Billups was about 60% and he wanted to suit up against Atlanta, and instead of practicing, he was getting treatment on his sore thigh. I havent heard anything else as of yet, but I agree with letting him suit up but with limited minutes if he is nt 100%.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
I totally agree. Billups has helped this team in so many ways. I think this team needed another veteran leader and Billups is that guy. We should be very thankful we got this guy, he is like GOLD on the court or just sitting on the bench teaching Antoni/team how to coach D.

Billups is without a doubt the BEST throw-in player in a trade EVER!

i know! i love how everyone was mentioning we gave up a lot for melo-NO we didnt we got billups too! we have a legitimate big 3 who i think is better then miami's. Billups is the man; helps us in all aspects of the game from coaching billups, running plays, and simply playing this dude is awesome.