Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 47

Thread: STAT took a charge! WOW! Now were talking defense...

  1. #1
    Veteran Clyde & The Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,463
    Rep Power
    6

    Default STAT took a charge! WOW! Now were talking defense...

    Thats what I'm talking about. The captain starts stepping in there giving up his body everyone else will follow. Good job STAT...

  2. #2
    Veteran la2ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Compton,Ca
    Posts
    1,777
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Thats the type of commitment we need. They were talking about him and Melo possibly giving lip service, but somewhere deep down inside me I knew it wasn't. I BELIEVE IN YOU 2! NOW SHUT EM' DOWN NEXT HALF!!!

  3. #3
    Veteran STAT1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,361
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    Thats what I'm talking about. The captain starts stepping in there giving up his body everyone else will follow. Good job STAT...
    That was great to see. When your best player is doing that it has to inspire the other guys to step up & play better D. Bill Walker did a great job on Lebron in the 2nd quarter too.

  4. #4
    Veteran Sprewell-Houston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany/Mount Vernon NY
    Posts
    1,357
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Both made some big defensive plays last night. Melo defended quite well against Lebron, especially on the last posession he forced him to adjust and gave STAT the chance to block the shot.

    Melo's rejection of Chalmers layup attempt was huge he sent that one all the way to Key West


    STAT made Lebron his bitch again, after posterizing him earlier this season he now rejected his game winning attempt and won us the game.

    I think STAT and MElo are the best 1-2 punch in the NBA right now.
    Chris BOsh showed once again that he is just an overrated luxury player. Nice stats but when the chips are down he's invisible.

  5. #5
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default


  6. #6
    Veteran p0nder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,323
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    ^You don't like dudes taking charges or what?

    Amar'e is still getting better. thats kind of hard to believe, but his game has evolved here as a knick. He's doing much more of the hustle and defense then anyone ever expected him to show.

    Melo and Amar'e are playing with a chip on their sholder. Everyone told them they can't play defense so now they are out to prove them wrong.

  7. #7
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Originally Posted by p0nder
    ^You don't like dudes taking charges or what?

    Amar'e is still getting better. thats kind of hard to believe, but his game has evolved here as a knick. He's doing much more of the hustle and defense then anyone ever expected him to show.

    Melo and Amar'e are playing with a chip on their sholder. Everyone told them they can't play defense so now they are out to prove them wrong.
    I love him taking charges. He's done it plenty of times this year, and we make threads about what a surprise it is! Plain silly.

  8. #8
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    This thread is bull doodie.

    Everyone knows STAT didn't take a charge b/c MDA never preaches defense in practice, and doesn't care about defense. Everybody knows that it is the coaches' choice whether or not a player decides to step in and try and draw a charge, and since MDA doesn't care about defense, hence the lack of Anthony Carter guarding DWade, we all know none of the players played any defense last night. That Amare block? Illusion. MDA just doesn't care about defense. Therefore nobody put their bodies on the line in-game and MDA didn't play Anthony Carter b/c of defensive reasons. What you saw was just an illusion.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,674
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    This thread is bull doodie.

    Everyone knows STAT didn't take a charge b/c MDA never preaches defense in practice, and doesn't care about defense. Everybody knows that it is the coaches' choice whether or not a player decides to step in and try and draw a charge, and since MDA doesn't care about defense, hence the lack of Anthony Carter guarding DWade, we all know none of the players played any defense last night. That Amare block? Illusion. MDA just doesn't care about defense. Therefore nobody put their bodies on the line in-game and MDA didn't play Anthony Carter b/c of defensive reasons. What you saw was just an illusion.
    He played anthony carter because the veteran told D'ant that he could guard him..

    its a lose lose with u

  10. #10
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    You crack me up Snydeandthegirlwthecurl.. You and Red both need to stfu for a while. Y'all both r like bandwagon fans that follow the team regularly smfh..

  11. #11
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    He played anthony carter because the veteran told D'ant that he could guard him..

    its a lose lose with u
    Not true. Everyone knows D'Antoni does not care whether you can guard somebody he only cares about jumpshots.


  12. #12
    Veteran p0nder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,323
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    It's not really a surprise that stat takes charges. but it is still worth props. plus i think he is getting better at floor poisitoning, especially on D.

    oh and on a KBlack type of stick: "The ref's called a charge and D'ant got upset with them. He claimed it is impossible for an offensive foul as that imply's there was a defense to get fouled"

  13. #13
    Veteran Clyde & The Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,463
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    I love him taking charges. He's done it plenty of times this year, and we make threads about what a surprise it is! Plain silly.
    Find me two other times that STAT took a charge by filling the lane this year. Bet you cant.

  14. #14
    Veteran Clyde & The Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,463
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    This thread is bull doodie.
    So why are you here?

  15. #15
    Veteran Clyde & The Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,463
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    You crack me up Snydeandthegirlwthecurl.. You and Red both need to stfu for a while. Y'all both r like bandwagon fans that follow the team regularly smfh..
    HUH? Was this meant for me?

Similar Threads

  1. STAT Needs More D For MVP - Bleacher Article
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jan 08, 2011, 07:40
  2. Stat 4 Mvp
    By JoHnNyBoXeR in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: Dec 09, 2010, 12:38
  3. STAT Summary.
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Oct 25, 2010, 16:03
  4. STAT to improve defensively???
    By Blas in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Aug 19, 2010, 02:33
  5. SSOL: Reality and Abberation
    By TunerAddict in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Nov 13, 2009, 15:32

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •