Amare Stoudemire
    Jared Jeffries

Mike Conley
    Sam Young
    Tony Allen
    Zach Randolph
    Marc Gasol

Game Preview:
    The [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] showed in their last game just how dangerous they can be offensively when their two star players are in sync.
    Following their highest-scoring game of the season, the Knicks look to win their third straight when they visit the surging [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] on Wednesday night.
    New York (33-29) improved to 5-3 since acquiring Anthony and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ] from Denver with a 131-109 win over Utah on Monday. Anthony scored 34 points and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ] added 31, the first time they each scored 30 in the same game since the deal.
    It was the third time this season the Knicks have had two 30-point scorers in the same game and the second time this month, with Stoudemire and Billups each reaching 30 in a loss to Orlando last Tuesday.
    Anthony and Stoudemire combined to go 24 of 31 from the field Monday.
    “We’re not going to shoot like that, I don’t think,” Anthony said. “We hope we go out there and score 30 points and we win and everybody else contributes in their own way, but for me personally, I don’t want to do that. I don’t want to put that pressure on me to go out there and say that I want to score 30 points a night. I’m past that now.”
    Billups missed his fourth straight game with left quad injury, and his status for Wednesday is uncertain. Fortunately for the Knicks, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ] has provided solid play in his place.
    The backup point guard had 20 points and six assists Monday, and has averaged 16.3 points, 5.3 assists and 62.5 percent shooting - 52.4 from 3-point range - as the Knicks have won three of four without Billups.
    Douglas helped New York set a season high with 32 assists against Utah. The Knicks have shot 53.0 percent in the last four games.
    “The more they play together, the easier it should be,” coach Mike D’Antoni said of his revamped lineup.
    Wednesday’s matchup probably won’t be easy, as Memphis (36-29) has strung together two impressive victories and has won 9 of 12. Holding a slim lead for the eighth playoff spot in the Western Conference, the Grizzlies won 104-103 at Dallas on Monday and defeated Oklahoma City 107-101 the next night.
    The Grizzlies led the Thunder by 17 in the third quarter before withstanding a late rally. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ] each scored 20 points.
    “(It took) effort, grinds, a collective effort from the whole team,” Allen said. “Guys are focused and locked in. Getting back-to-back wins against these two top teams, pretty much shows that we are very ambitious.”
    The Grizzlies improved to 22-9 at home and moved within a half-game of New Orleans for seventh place.
    Memphis took both matchups with New York last season. The teams meet at Madison Square Garden next Thursday.
    Anthony has averaged 29.1 points in his last seven games against the Grizzlies and 32.0 in his last four visits to Memphis.-Yahoo!

Comic Book Knick Of The Night:

Carmelo Anthony-34pts,3reb,5ast,1stl, 12-16fg

Player 2 Watch

PG/SG-Do What Toney Douglas Do aka DWTDD
    Check This Out:
    The win, coupled with the Charlotte Bobcats' loss to the Clippers, moved the Knicks' magic number to clinch a playoff spot to 12. Yes, that's still a high number, but when you haven't made the playoffs in seven years, it's never too early to start counting it down. The Knicks opened up a 7-1/2 game lead over the Bobcats, who hold the ninth spot in the Eastern Conference. They are also six games better than the Indiana Pacers, who hold the eighth and final spot in the East playoff standings. The Knicks play the Pacers in a home-and-home that begins Sunday at Madison Square Garden and a sweep could put the Knicks in very good position to clinch their first post-season berth since 2004.
    After three quarters of Monday's win over the Jazz, the Knicks held Utah to 74 points and were on pace to hold an opponent to under 100 points for the fourth time in eight games since the blockbuster trade for Carmelo Anthony. The reserves, however, gave up 35 points in garbage time in the fourth quarter, but still, the Knicks are yielding 102.5 points per game in the eight games since the trade, which is an improvement over the 104.3 the team allowed in 54 games before the trade.

Prediction:
    NYK Wins 99-93

Knick Quote Of The Night:
    "Chauncey (Billups) and I talk all the time and he is a great mentor for me. Being in my second year in the league, he has really helped me out, even though he's not playing."
    —Knicks guard Toney Douglas, on the guidance he has received from injured veteran Chauncey Billups.

Funny Pic Of The Day:

Watch Game Here:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

or NBATV!!!!
    Last edited by la2ny; Mar 09, 2011 at 20:16.