Amare Stoudemire
Jared Jeffries

Mike Conley
Sam Young
Tony Allen
Zach Randolph
Marc Gasol

Game Preview:
The New York Knicks showed in their last game just how dangerous they can be offensively when their two star players are in sync.
Following their highest-scoring game of the season, the Knicks look to win their third straight when they visit the surging Memphis Grizzlies on Wednesday night.
New York (33-29) improved to 5-3 since acquiring Anthony and Chauncey Billups(notes) from Denver with a 131-109 win over Utah on Monday. Anthony scored 34 points and Amare Stoudemire(notes) added 31, the first time they each scored 30 in the same game since the deal.
It was the third time this season the Knicks have had two 30-point scorers in the same game and the second time this month, with Stoudemire and Billups each reaching 30 in a loss to Orlando last Tuesday.
Anthony and Stoudemire combined to go 24 of 31 from the field Monday.
“We’re not going to shoot like that, I don’t think,” Anthony said. “We hope we go out there and score 30 points and we win and everybody else contributes in their own way, but for me personally, I don’t want to do that. I don’t want to put that pressure on me to go out there and say that I want to score 30 points a night. I’m past that now.”
Billups missed his fourth straight game with left quad injury, and his status for Wednesday is uncertain. Fortunately for the Knicks, Toney Douglas(notes) has provided solid play in his place.
The backup point guard had 20 points and six assists Monday, and has averaged 16.3 points, 5.3 assists and 62.5 percent shooting - 52.4 from 3-point range - as the Knicks have won three of four without Billups.
Douglas helped New York set a season high with 32 assists against Utah. The Knicks have shot 53.0 percent in the last four games.
“The more they play together, the easier it should be,” coach Mike D’Antoni said of his revamped lineup.
Wednesday’s matchup probably won’t be easy, as Memphis (36-29) has strung together two impressive victories and has won 9 of 12. Holding a slim lead for the eighth playoff spot in the Western Conference, the Grizzlies won 104-103 at Dallas on Monday and defeated Oklahoma City 107-101 the next night.
The Grizzlies led the Thunder by 17 in the third quarter before withstanding a late rally. Mike Conley(notes) and Tony Allen(notes) each scored 20 points.
“(It took) effort, grinds, a collective effort from the whole team,” Allen said. “Guys are focused and locked in. Getting back-to-back wins against these two top teams, pretty much shows that we are very ambitious.”
The Grizzlies improved to 22-9 at home and moved within a half-game of New Orleans for seventh place.
Memphis took both matchups with New York last season. The teams meet at Madison Square Garden next Thursday.
Anthony has averaged 29.1 points in his last seven games against the Grizzlies and 32.0 in his last four visits to Memphis.-Yahoo!

Comic Book Knick Of The Night:
carmelo-anthony-new-york-knicks-1c61f5051407c34c.jpg

Carmelo Anthony-34pts,3reb,5ast,1stl, 12-16fg

nba-2k11-logo.jpg

Player 2 Watch
prev3-9.jpg

PG/SG-Do What Toney Douglas Do aka DWTDD
Check This Out:
The win, coupled with the Charlotte Bobcats' loss to the Clippers, moved the Knicks' magic number to clinch a playoff spot to 12. Yes, that's still a high number, but when you haven't made the playoffs in seven years, it's never too early to start counting it down. The Knicks opened up a 7-1/2 game lead over the Bobcats, who hold the ninth spot in the Eastern Conference. They are also six games better than the Indiana Pacers, who hold the eighth and final spot in the East playoff standings. The Knicks play the Pacers in a home-and-home that begins Sunday at Madison Square Garden and a sweep could put the Knicks in very good position to clinch their first post-season berth since 2004.
After three quarters of Monday's win over the Jazz, the Knicks held Utah to 74 points and were on pace to hold an opponent to under 100 points for the fourth time in eight games since the blockbuster trade for Carmelo Anthony. The reserves, however, gave up 35 points in garbage time in the fourth quarter, but still, the Knicks are yielding 102.5 points per game in the eight games since the trade, which is an improvement over the 104.3 the team allowed in 54 games before the trade.

Prediction:
NYK Wins 99-93

Knick Quote Of The Night:
"Chauncey (Billups) and I talk all the time and he is a great mentor for me. Being in my second year in the league, he has really helped me out, even though he's not playing."
—Knicks guard Toney Douglas, on the guidance he has received from injured veteran Chauncey Billups.

Funny Pic Of The Day:
LEB61.jpg

or NBATV!!!!

Last edited:
Excellent gameday thread la2ny. Outstanding job; really enjoyed it. I'm on the schedule tomorrow for the Mavs gameday thread. You wanna be the one to create it? No way I can compete with you guys in terms of creating gameday threads like this.

This is gonna be a playoff type of game for the Knicks tonight. Memphis is playing lights out, fighting for their playoff chances & have home court advantage. Knicks have to come into this game with a defensive intensity that speaks volumes of road warriors.

Predictions: (based on Douglas starting over Billups).

New York: 102
Memphis: 96

Offensive MVP's- Carmelo Anthony. 42 points, 2 assists, 6 rebounds 1 block and 1 steal. 1st 40+ game as a Knick. The 1st of many. I'm feeling it. I predicted Melo would score 34 last game & Carmelo did just that.

Runner up: Amare Stoudemire. 27 points, 9 rebounds, 3 blocks & 3 assists. Amare has a monster game in his own right.

Stat N' Melo-Stat N' Melo combine for 69 of the Knicks 102 points.

KingCharles34

All Star
I love that quote at the end from Douglas, Great game thread

I like the Grizzlies, they play well together on both ends of the court. ZBO's one of my favorite players and even he plays some team defense now, surprisingly. But tonight the Grizz are playin the knicks so its fukk memphis

I was very impressed with our knicks on both ends of the court against the jazz. They played amazing defense, had there hands all over the place. The ball movement on offense has been great, by the end of the season the knicks will be considered the best offensive team in the nba.

Should be a great game tonight, a good test for the Knicks. No, the Grizzlies are not an elite team but they have very good chemistry. They have Tony allen and Shane Battier, two guys that im sure will get there chance to guard Carmello. They might slow him down, they did a great job on Durant the other night. The Knicks will have to continue to move the ball and play as a team (on both ends of the court) to win this game.

I gotta take this chance to honor one of the greatest rappers who died 14 years ago today, RIP BIG

Hoping for a win. Grizz are playing tough and we have a back to back with them then Dallas.. This game is the more likely win of the two.

I like our chances of beating Dallas a little more than Memphis for two reason (confident tonight though).

1) Dallas is a home game for us in MSG tomorrow night. The croud will be ROCKING. Home court advantage goes to NY.

2) I just feel Amare & Carmelo will become too much for Dirk to handle @ the Foward positions.

Either way; if the Knicks can beat both Memphis & Dallas, we would have then shown the NBA world that we can compete with the West after beating lower tier teams fighting for Western Conf seedings in the Hornets, Utah, Memphis & a power house Mavs team.

Good looking out. For some reason I could have sworn the game was in NY. I take my last post back; I like our chances a little more tonight lol.

Do what Toney Douglas do. DWTDD. I like that. Reminds me of... WWJD (what would Jesus do).

welcometonycity

Rotation player
Do it for BIG n New York!!!! No Rudy Gay let's get it! La2ny poppin game thread 5 much respect for showin respect to BIG. Rip

GoNYK127

Benchwarmer
Monster game tonight! I would love for us to have a 3 game win streak going into Dallas and then beat the Mavs! GO NYK BABY!

Awesome thread la2ny, great work man.

The Grizz should not be taken lightly. There a young team with a load of talent and can go off at any time. We need Toney to really pull through for us and Melo to continue playing unselfishly and explosively.

Sons of Thunder

Benchwarmer
LOL that Lebron photoshop is hilarious.

Stat n Melo, Stat n Melo, Stat n Melo. I like it KnicksFan! Now we just need to get a NY rapper to do the remix like Wayne did. Fabo?

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UePtoxDhJSw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Of course, RIP BIG. GOAT.

The best Stat n Melo Stat n Melo remix from NY rappers would be Nas, A-Z (not Jay Z but A-Z), Fabolous ,DMX, Alicia Keys in the hook, Mobb deep, Busta Rymes & under ground an artist to shine. lol I would love to heat it though.

welcometonycity

Rotation player
LOL that Lebron photoshop is hilarious.

Stat n Melo, Stat n Melo, Stat n Melo. I like it KnicksFan! Now we just need to get a NY rapper to do the remix like Wayne did. Fabo?

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UePtoxDhJSw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Of course, RIP BIG. GOAT.

We got a new york rapper who did it. Maino - Yeah Carmelo

You gotta get up on that.

"Met a bad chick said she was from Harlem, told her bring her friend with her
meet me at the Garden!" -maino

"We get it poppin ain't no black & yellow too it, just a blue headband like Melo
do it!" -maino

"Blue jersey, Orange stripes, dem floor seats, right next to Spike!" -maino

Cmonnn sonnnnnn yeah Carmelo yeah Carmelo yeah Carmelo yeah Carmelo
Homie what it do ?! welcome to the Knicks!
Last season dat was nuttin! Got Melo on da squad now we stuntinnnnn!
Yeah uhuhhhhh