Page 1 of 12 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Knicks @ Mavs-3-10-11: Suck on This Chuck!

Default Knicks @ Mavs-3-10-11: Suck on This Chuck!

Presents: Suck On This Chuck!
    (33-29)
    VS

(46-18)
    March 10 2011
    9:30p.m. EST.
    DallASS,TexASS
    American Airlines Center

Music For 2day

Do What Toney Douglas Do aka DWTDD
    Landry Fields
    Carmelo Anthony
    Amare Stoudemire
    Jared Jeffries

Jason Kidd
    Deshawn Stevenson
    Corey Brewer
    Dirk Nowitzki
    Tyson Chandler

Game Preview:
    A matchup with the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] wouldn’t usually give the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] their best chance for a fourth straight win and their longest streak since acquiring [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ] last month.
    Anthony, though, had one of his best scoring performances earlier this season against the Mavericks, and he’ll try for a repeat while attempting to lead the Knicks to a rare win in the series Thursday night.
    New York (34-29) earned a third consecutive victory Feb. 23 in Anthony’s first game following the trade from Denver, but was 2-3 over its next five before winning in Atlanta on Sunday.
    The Knicks followed with an easy home victory over Utah the next evening, and Anthony’s 19-foot shot with 0.5 seconds remaining gave New York a 110-108 win in Memphis on Wednesday.
    “It was one of them shots, that you know is going to go in,” Anthony said.
    The forward also topped 30 points for the second straight contest with 31, and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ] added 26, giving him an average of 29.7 in six games this month. The victory and Philadelphia’s loss to Oklahoma City put New York 1 1/2 games ahead of the 76ers in the race for sixth place in the Eastern Conference.
    The Knicks might need as much help as they can get from their two All-Stars in their next game as Dallas (46-18) has won 16 of 18 meetings. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ] had 29 points and 11 rebounds in a 113-97 victory at Madison Square Garden on Feb. 2.
    The Mavericks, though, had their nine-game home win streak over the Knicks snapped with a 128-94 drubbing last March. They’ll also have to face Anthony, who scored 42 points in a 121-120 victory for Denver on Feb. 10, and are hoping to have [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ] available to help stop him.
    The forward left Wednesday’s game in New Orleans after hurting his ribs on a flagrant foul by the Hornets’ [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. X-rays were negative on Marion, who said he was OK.
    Dallas also played without [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (back spasms) but got [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ] back from a sprained right ankle. The status of Stojakovic is unknown for Thursday as is that of Knicks guard [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ], who has missed fifth straight games with a left quad injury
    “When he’s ready, he’s ready,” coach Mike D’Antoni said.
    Chandler scored 16 points and Nowitzki had 26 against New Orleans, but it was not enough in a 93-92 defeat. The Mavericks allowed eight unanswered points to end the game, including [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ] three free throws with 8.4 seconds left.
    With Dallas leading by one, Jack was fouled by [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ] while behind the 3-point line.
    “The last two minutes we kind of did everything wrong,” Nowitzki said. “Just a bad, bad execution down the stretch.”
    The Mavericks’ second loss in three games - following an 18-1 stretch - cut their lead on second place in the West to one-half game over the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. Dallas had a season-high, nine-game home win streak snapped Sunday when Memphis’ [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ] hit a 17-foot shot with 0.3 seconds left.
    As perhaps expected, Nowitzki has led the way against New York, averaging 26.0 points over the last 18 matchups. The All-Star forward, though, has shot 30.8 percent (8 of 26) in his past two home meetings.
    Stoudemire has averaged 29.5 points on 59.7 percent shooting in his last eight visits to Dallas.

Knick Of The Night:

Key Matchup:

Player 2 Watch:

SF/PF-Meellloooo

Check This Out:
    The Knicks earned their 34th win of the season, which is their highest win total since they won 39 games in the 2003-04 season. That was the last time the Knicks earned a post-season bid. There are 19 games left and the Knicks' magic number to clinch a playoff spot is 10. Mike D'Antoni had said earlier in the season that the goal was to hit the 40-win mark, but now there is the opportunity to aim higher. "I'm just cautious, but we're trying to win all these," he said. "If we play well, we can beat anybody at any time and we've shown we can lose to anybody at any time. There's nothing set in stone, but we're confident… Why not try to get as many in the high 40's that we can?" If they win just eight more of these final 19 games, the Knicks would clinch their first winning record in a decade. The last time they finished the season above .500 was when they were 48-34 in 2000-01.

Prediction:
    NYK Wins 112-108

Knick Quote Of The Night:
    "We have two of the best finishers in the game and both of them are over there, so it's a handful for anybody."
    —Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni, on the luxury of having Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire on the same team.

Funny Pic Of The Day:

Watch Game Here:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]!!!

Be sure to watch La vs Mia too!!

Thnx I just asked about tonights game thread in another thread...
    Last edited by rady; Mar 11, 2011 at 02:47.

This is an excellent GT LA2NY.. Looking foward to tnites offering. Go Knicks!

If there's one thing you Americans know it's how to start a show.

Bravo.

Love the music selections too LA..

Mass Appeal is one of my all-time favs. RIP Guru...

Thnx everyone and enjoy the game

Any good quality links?

Since the game will be on TNT tonight I'm kinda wondering if Chuck and the crew are gonna give us any props...or will we, like usual, have to make them give us some respect.

Originally Posted by WrongIslander
    Any good quality links?
    Try this one:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Originally Posted by jpz17
    guys, we need to start reading the game thread schedule OR DON'T POST A GAME THREAD!
    He said he reconsidered doing one until next year so I told him i'd do it for him jpz

Originally Posted by la2ny
    He said he reconsidered doing one until next year so I told him i'd do it for him jpz
    if you look above you'll notice I deleted my post just as you must have been writing yours. I realized that, thanks.

Nice thread LA!

This one'll test our mettle.

We'll get to see what Brewer's got.

Thanx Crazy.

Jeez how I h8 looking at Miami prematurely celebrate after almost every basket. UGH! Like Bosh beating his chest and LBJ standing there like its the 1st qtr. come on!

So Billups is out again?

classic game thread for a classic game...time to **** up these mavs that think there elite

I get chills when i hear that mass appeal beat and lol @ the mavs logo

cryami lost