Knicks @ Mavs-3-10-11: Suck on This Chuck!

la2ny

Starter
la2ny.jpg

Presents: Suck On This Chuck!
Untitled-1-5.png

(33-29)
VS
pinkmavericks.jpg

(46-18)
March 10 2011
9:30p.m. EST.
DallASS,TexASS
American Airlines Center
tnt_logo1.jpg

Music For 2day

lineup.png

nba2k112011-03-1012-45-02-19.jpg

Do What Toney Douglas Do aka DWTDD
Landry Fields
Carmelo Anthony
Amare Stoudemire
Jared Jeffries

nba2k112011-03-1012-45-07-30.jpg

Jason Kidd
Deshawn Stevenson
Corey Brewer
Dirk Nowitzki
Tyson Chandler

Game Preview:
A matchup with the Dallas Mavericks wouldn?t usually give the New York Knicks their best chance for a fourth straight win and their longest streak since acquiring Carmelo Anthony(notes) last month.
Anthony, though, had one of his best scoring performances earlier this season against the Mavericks, and he?ll try for a repeat while attempting to lead the Knicks to a rare win in the series Thursday night.
New York (34-29) earned a third consecutive victory Feb. 23 in Anthony?s first game following the trade from Denver, but was 2-3 over its next five before winning in Atlanta on Sunday.
The Knicks followed with an easy home victory over Utah the next evening, and Anthony?s 19-foot shot with 0.5 seconds remaining gave New York a 110-108 win in Memphis on Wednesday.
?It was one of them shots, that you know is going to go in,? Anthony said.
The forward also topped 30 points for the second straight contest with 31, and Amare Stoudemire(notes) added 26, giving him an average of 29.7 in six games this month. The victory and Philadelphia?s loss to Oklahoma City put New York 1 1/2 games ahead of the 76ers in the race for sixth place in the Eastern Conference.
The Knicks might need as much help as they can get from their two All-Stars in their next game as Dallas (46-18) has won 16 of 18 meetings. Dirk Nowitzki(notes) had 29 points and 11 rebounds in a 113-97 victory at Madison Square Garden on Feb. 2.
The Mavericks, though, had their nine-game home win streak over the Knicks snapped with a 128-94 drubbing last March. They?ll also have to face Anthony, who scored 42 points in a 121-120 victory for Denver on Feb. 10, and are hoping to have Shawn Marion(notes) available to help stop him.
The forward left Wednesday?s game in New Orleans after hurting his ribs on a flagrant foul by the Hornets? Marco Belinelli(notes). X-rays were negative on Marion, who said he was OK.
Dallas also played without Peja Stojakovic(notes) (back spasms) but got Tyson Chandler(notes) back from a sprained right ankle. The status of Stojakovic is unknown for Thursday as is that of Knicks guard Chauncey Billups(notes), who has missed fifth straight games with a left quad injury
?When he?s ready, he?s ready,? coach Mike D?Antoni said.
Chandler scored 16 points and Nowitzki had 26 against New Orleans, but it was not enough in a 93-92 defeat. The Mavericks allowed eight unanswered points to end the game, including Jarrett Jack?s(notes) three free throws with 8.4 seconds left.
With Dallas leading by one, Jack was fouled by Jason Kidd(notes) while behind the 3-point line.
?The last two minutes we kind of did everything wrong,? Nowitzki said. ?Just a bad, bad execution down the stretch.?
The Mavericks? second loss in three games - following an 18-1 stretch - cut their lead on second place in the West to one-half game over the Los Angeles Lakers. Dallas had a season-high, nine-game home win streak snapped Sunday when Memphis? Zach Randolph(notes) hit a 17-foot shot with 0.3 seconds left.
As perhaps expected, Nowitzki has led the way against New York, averaging 26.0 points over the last 18 matchups. The All-Star forward, though, has shot 30.8 percent (8 of 26) in his past two home meetings.
Stoudemire has averaged 29.5 points on 59.7 percent shooting in his last eight visits to Dallas.

nba-2k11-logo.jpg

Knick Of The Night:
nba2k112011-03-1012-37-57-92.jpg

Key Matchup:
nba2k112011-03-1012-47-19-99.jpg

Player 2 Watch:
nba2k112011-03-1012-49-35-44.jpg

SF/PF-Meellloooo

Check This Out:
The Knicks earned their 34th win of the season, which is their highest win total since they won 39 games in the 2003-04 season. That was the last time the Knicks earned a post-season bid. There are 19 games left and the Knicks' magic number to clinch a playoff spot is 10. Mike D'Antoni had said earlier in the season that the goal was to hit the 40-win mark, but now there is the opportunity to aim higher. "I'm just cautious, but we're trying to win all these," he said. "If we play well, we can beat anybody at any time and we've shown we can lose to anybody at any time. There's nothing set in stone, but we're confident? Why not try to get as many in the high 40's that we can?" If they win just eight more of these final 19 games, the Knicks would clinch their first winning record in a decade. The last time they finished the season above .500 was when they were 48-34 in 2000-01.

Prediction:
NYK Wins 112-108

Knick Quote Of The Night:
"We have two of the best finishers in the game and both of them are over there, so it's a handful for anybody."
?Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni, on the luxury of having Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire on the same team.

Funny Pic Of The Day:
tumblr_lhav1khMPM1qh16iao1_500.jpg

Watch Game Here:
TNT!!!

Be sure to watch La vs Mia too!!

KnickfanaticinGA

Benchwarmer
Since the game will be on TNT tonight I'm kinda wondering if Chuck and the crew are gonna give us any props...or will we, like usual, have to make them give us some respect.

la2ny

Starter
Thanx Crazy.

Jeez how I h8 looking at Miami prematurely celebrate after almost every basket. UGH! Like Bosh beating his chest and LBJ standing there like its the 1st qtr. come on!

KingCharles34

All Star
classic game thread for a classic game...time to fukk up these mavs that think there elite :smokin:

I get chills when i hear that mass appeal beat and lol @ the mavs logo

cryami lost

I'd love for Billups to start because he can match up great against J-Kidd, but if not I'm loving Douglas against Kidd... There is no chance in hell that Kidd can man up & keep up with a much younger Douglas. I look for Douglas to have the game of his life against Kidd. TD has our back tonight.

I've been doing pretty good predicting how many points Melo & Amare would score before games lately. Two games ago I predicted Melo would score 34 & Melo scored just that. Last night I predicted Amare would put up 27 & he put up 26.

I feel Stoudemire comes to play tonight, especially considering the fact that it's him against Dirk @ the PF position. Amare & Melo may become too much for Dirk to handle @ the Foward positions tonight.

Amare with 35 tonight. Carmelo with 31. 2nd time they both hit 30+ as Knicks.

Also looking forward to watching Melo prove to NY fans that Brewer has been overrated on defense by many.

I love what I've seen from JJ but tonights his true test against Chandler.

NY wins 112-98!!!

KingCharles34

All Star
And heres your ESPN made up stat of the night....

In the last 5 games, the Knicks are out-assisting their opponents by the 2nd biggest margin in the NBA. The Knicks are averaging 4.6 more assists then their opponents. Only the Mavericks are out-assisting their opponents by a larger margin (+5.4)