Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 170

Thread: Knicks @ Mavs-3-10-11: Suck on This Chuck!

  1. #151
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    570
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnicksFanFromQueens1985
    Like it's MDA's fault we shot 34 % from the field... You all are blind sometimes.
    Good defense does that... We increased the amount of possessions, and got burned by it. SSOL works for the other team, too... We couldn't hit shots, we were tired...

    It was a bad loss, but whether you lose by 1 or 30, it is still only one loss.

    We need to pick up the defensive intensity, of course, but this team will not match up well with large framed teams like the Mavs.

  2. #152
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,381
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    I was going to post that we lost b/c our offense let us down (again); how Carmelo had an off night. Then I stopped, gathered myself and realized that Dal currently has 123 on the board.

    Aren't people tired of this crap?

    We lost tonight b/c of effort- there was none. I can understand if you're tired, but no matter how many games you play in a week... That doesn't excuse you from trying.

    If we boxed out we win this game. Dal, like Cle before, just demolished us on the offensive glass. All those 2nd points are killers when you allow the team to shoot 80% of something.

    Sean Williams was a disaster on defense. It was beyond bad. Almost as if Cuban slipped him 100 grand. I love the bball gods, and they shove Brewer right in our face... On a night Jeffries was terrible (once again).

    Right now, Philly is .5 behind us. Lol. Dantnoi can't have this team any better than trying to hold off Philly? Lol. He's had plenty of talent this season. If MD was coaching Philly, they would be 10-55 right now.

    This coach is not a good fit for this team. The offense has no movement. One pass and dribble or chuck a 3. It's so obvious we're watching the end of the MD era. He really should have taken that Chi gig, and we would have thibby?

    Most league scouts and execs agree... We don't have the players to run MD's system, and NY won't stand for 127 points every night. After we get swept by Mia... MD will get fired. Well, maybe we lose 4-1.

  3. #153
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    570
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by mafra
    I was going to post that we lost b/c our offense let us down (again); how Carmelo had an off night. Then I stopped, gathered myself and realized that Dal currently has 123 on the board.

    Aren't people tired of this crap?

    We lost tonight b/c of effort- there was none. I can understand if you're tired, but no matter how many games you play in a week... That doesn't excuse you from trying.

    If we boxed out we win this game. Dal, like Cle before, just demolished us on the offensive glass. All those 2nd points are killers when you allow the team to shoot 80% of something.

    Sean Williams was a disaster on defense. It was beyond bad. Almost as if Cuban slipped him 100 grand. I love the bball gods, and they shove Brewer right in our face... On a night Jeffries was terrible (once again).

    Right now, Philly is .5 behind us. Lol. Dantnoi can't have this team any better than trying to hold off Philly? Lol. He's had plenty of talent this season. If MD was coaching Philly, they would be 10-55 right now.

    This coach is not a good fit for this team. The offense has no movement. One pass and dribble or chuck a 3. It's so obvious we're watching the end of the MD era. He really should have taken that Chi gig, and we would have thibby?

    Most league scouts and execs agree... We don't have the players to run MD's system, and NY won't stand for 127 points every night. After we get swept by Mia... MD will get fired. Well, maybe we lose 4-1.
    I had to turn it off with a couple minutes left... didn't see the final score. 127 points??? Ouch.

  4. #154
    Veteran Clyde & The Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,463
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Defense was an afterthought again tonight. We gave of too many points in the paint to a team thats the worst in the NBA scoring in the paint. Way too many offensive rebounds.

    I dont understand why we cant go big on a team like this being that Marion has no outside game at all.

    Sheldon Williams
    Jeffries/Turiaf
    STAT SF
    Melo SG
    Douglas PG

    When you're getting blown out like that its obvious what your doing isnt working. Change it up a bit.

  5. #155
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    658
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Would be interesting to see how the Knicks would compete if this was game 3 of the last 7. Regardless this is not a bad loss. Played the West's 2nd best -and a great defensive team-at the end of a hectic 10 days and had them feeling nervous at the start of the 4th. Fields was probably our best player and Stoudamire continued to impress offensively. The only aspect of the game that frustrated me was 2nd chance points allowed. This has got to end. Other than that, it was a very decent attempt which has reinforced my belief that the Knicks are now a team to be taken seriously. Looking at the schedule it appears we don't play the Cavs until early April so we can still get a decent winning streak going this month.

  6. #156
    Veteran KingofNy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,492
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by knicksin60
    After watching this game, most Knick fans can conclude that Mike D'antoni isn't the right coach for this team.
    +1

    I've concluded that months ago. This game merely just accentuated all the knocks against him...And there's a bunch. I honestly think Antoni knows he's gone unless we start playing D so he's doing everything he can now to keep his job. We we're hot the last few games... But's it's how we play in the games when we're not hot that truly show you how good your coach is and today he was borderline terrible. No adjustments, mismanaged the rotation, never had us crashing the boards... just plain bad.

  7. #157
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    214
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    The only telling part of this game was the second chance points, we are getting murdered on the offensive glass we HAVE to get a rebounding center this offseason. Other than that this was just a bad game, we were exhausted and STAT's jumper was off tonight but we're going to get some rest and have Chauncy back on Sunday(hopefully)

  8. #158
    Veteran KingofNy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,492
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    Defense was an afterthought again tonight. We gave of too many points in the paint to a team thats the worst in the NBA scoring in the paint. Way too many offensive rebounds.

    I dont understand why we cant go big on a team like this being that Marion has no outside game at all.

    Sheldon Williams
    Jeffries/Turiaf
    STAT SF
    Melo SG
    Douglas PG

    When you're getting blown out like that its obvious what your doing isnt working. Change it up a bit.
    I agree. When has Antoni EVER gone big? Going big for Antoni is not having 1 guy over 6'10 on the floor.
    Last edited by KingofNy; Mar 11, 2011 at 01:10.

  9. #159
    Veteran StEpHoN_mArBuRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    3,086
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Charles said it best tonight "Mike Dantoni is being stubborn"

  10. #160
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    658
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Also I'm gonna add bench points to the equation. What a difference that made. When Billups returns this should enhance both our attacking and defensive style of play. I reckon Shelden Williams should have been given a look in tonight's game. He could not have been worse at grabbing the board than the rest of them.

  11. #161
    Veteran Clyde & The Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,463
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by KingofNy
    When has Antoni EVER gone big? Going big for Antoni is not having 1 guy over 6'10 on the floor.
    True. I dont know. I'm used to seeing coaches try anything to get back into a game. You go big for 3-4 mins and see what you can get out of it. Exactly what do you have to lose? If anything we come back and win and the Media starts labeling you a genius.

  12. #162
    Veteran AmareForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens,NY
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by mafra
    I was going to post that we lost b/c our offense let us down (again); how Carmelo had an off night. Then I stopped, gathered myself and realized that Dal currently has 123 on the board.

    Aren't people tired of this crap?

    We lost tonight b/c of effort- there was none. I can understand if you're tired, but no matter how many games you play in a week... That doesn't excuse you from trying.

    If we boxed out we win this game. Dal, like Cle before, just demolished us on the offensive glass. All those 2nd points are killers when you allow the team to shoot 80% of something.

    Sean Williams was a disaster on defense. It was beyond bad. Almost as if Cuban slipped him 100 grand. I love the bball gods, and they shove Brewer right in our face... On a night Jeffries was terrible (once again).

    Right now, Philly is .5 behind us. Lol. Dantnoi can't have this team any better than trying to hold off Philly? Lol. He's had plenty of talent this season. If MD was coaching Philly, they would be 10-55 right now.

    This coach is not a good fit for this team. The offense has no movement. One pass and dribble or chuck a 3. It's so obvious we're watching the end of the MD era. He really should have taken that Chi gig, and we would have thibby?

    Most league scouts and execs agree... We don't have the players to run MD's system, and NY won't stand for 127 points every night. After we get swept by Mia... MD will get fired. Well, maybe we lose 4-1.
    I wish we had Doug Collins.

  13. #163
    Veteran AmareForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens,NY
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnicksFanFromQueens1985
    We had our chances. If only we could have got the lead under 10 that would have been all the momentum in the world. At least I seen something in this team tonight... The ability to fight with no quit what so ever. 7th game in 10 nights was an extremely tough stretch. Playing .600 since the trade is good basektball especially putting into account the teams & road games we've played. Sweep the Pacers in the home & away & we're well on our way to the playoffs
    No offense dude but you have a 33.5 posts per day average and you have 306 posts when only made your account this month.And its March 11, do you go outside?

  14. #164
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by KingofNy
    +1

    I've concluded that months ago. This game merely just accentuated all the knocks against him...And there's a bunch. I honestly think Antoni knows he's gone unless we start playing D so he's doing everything he can now to keep his job. We we're hot the last few games... But's it's how we play in the games when we're not hot that truly show you how good your coach is and today he was borderline terrible. No adjustments, mismanaged the rotation, never had us crashing the boards... just plain bad.
    The ability for the coach to make in game adjustments is a key component to winning ball games. Dantoni is a great offensive coach but when you need those Xs and Os for strategic purposes, he fails.

    I have memories of JVG with his clip board and constantly making adjustments during the game. He constantly subbed for matchup purposes and at the end of games he was very technical when it came to using his players. That's a real all around coach.

  15. #165
    Nein, Mann! Weissenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    3,071
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    There is no understandable reason to start complaining about everything if we lost to one of the contenders. I always get very excited and really happy if we did an outstanding job and won against the team like this, because I simply do not expect that after years of being beaten by almost everyone in the league. And that's why I say "nothing happened", there is still many games left to prove we're still playing better, we still improve...

Similar Threads

  1. Knicks Haters - Stephen A Smith Got words for you
    By Oakman88 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Feb 22, 2011, 12:28
  2. Bucks @ Knicks 22/02/10
    By smokes in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: Feb 23, 2010, 18:39
  3. ESPN's take on NY
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Oct 13, 2009, 10:44
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: Feb 18, 2009, 21:23
  5. Mavs vs Knicks 1/8/09 7:30 pm
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: Jan 11, 2009, 13:10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •