Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Knicks @ Mavs-3-10-11: Suck on This Chuck!

This team has ridiculous size. Haywood, Marion, and to a lesser extent Chandler are killing us. Absolutely killing us.

This is leading to guys like Dirk and J-Kidd getting theirs.

We are far from a championship team. This game is showing that we really need 1 or 2 big men who do what Chandler and Haywood do. Only them can be start contending for real.

Veteran

Originally Posted by knicksin60
    Letting go of Brewer was probably worse than choosing to pass on Ron Artest in the draft.Whoever it was that decided to get rid of Brewer is probably regretting it right now.
    Even the ex-GM of Mn Kevin Mchale said "I have no idea why they let him go". Glad I'm not the only one scratching my head. Even if he wasn't in our plans, we could have used him for the playoff run. If I was Walsh I wouldn't have let him go even if he begged me.

Banned
    FLorida. Thank god for the NBA league pass & MSG network.

The quicker we take the lead down to 16-14... The quicker we can focus on getting down to 12-10 & from there we have a fighting chance. This game is FAR from over.

Originally Posted by TakMan
    No you're right. So glad we kept Balkman instead.
    I was even happier we kept Rautins as well. Could you imagine if we had to give up Balkman and Rautins instead? What sense would that of made? They are crucial to our squad by warming up the bench, keeping Melo and Stat's gatorade cups filled and cheerleading on the sideline.

Superstar

Originally Posted by KnicksFanFromQueens1985
    Well... Down 21 heading into the half. The good news is this... No way we allow 72 points during the 2nd half and no way Dallas holds us to only 51 during the 2nd so we WILL make it a game. We gotta defensive rebound better.

I look at it like this... 10-11 baskets down. Horrible freaking first half cant get any worse than that. We gotta come out STRONG during the 1st 5 mins of the 3rd

You do realise this is the Knicks you're talking about. Capable of producing the very best and the very worst in the league. Problem is, when it's bad, it gets very very ugly. Concdding 72 points in one half is no easy accomplishment.

Originally Posted by DieHardPassion
    please corey brewer is trash... as if we were goin to use him anyways...
    Knicks jus getting unlucky on loose balls and are just tired...
    and dallas is jus on fire today, like seriously knicks r up in their face but they jus sinking it...
    on the other hand knicks are missing especially amare.... thats y we're down by 20... next half we got to get those shots down and slow down the pace for dallas on the other end
    That so-called trash "Brewer" got a 3-year deal on a very good Dallas team and gets SIGNIFICANT playing time. That buyout was the Knicks worst transaction in the last 3 years at least. Rep -1.

The Mavericks have two of the best defensive centers in the NBA while the Knicks are stuck with a gap in their number 5 spot. With the lack of centers in the NBA, the new CBA should only allow one all defensive center to be on a team.Having Chandler and Haywood on the same roster is just as good as having Tim Duncan and David Robinson on the same roster.Plus Dirk Nowitzki and Jason Kidd are the modern day Stockton and Malone on offense.With the talent that they have, this Mavs team will go undefeated in the playoffs.
    Last edited by knicksin60; Mar 10, 2011 at 23:19.

Originally Posted by knicksin60
    Letting go of Brewer was probably worse than choosing to pass on Ron Artest in the draft.Whoever it was that decided to get rid of Brewer is probably regretting it right now.
    That move just shows you the power Antoni has over Walsh. When Walsh is gone Antoni will follow closely behind... I hope.

Rebounds

Knicks: 15
    Mavs: 24

They are snagging the boards (with their Cs) before we do and that's killing us.

Originally Posted by KingofNy
    That so-called trash "Brewer" got a 3-year deal on a very good Dallas team and gets SIGNIFICANT playing time. That buyout was the Knicks worst transaction in the last 3 years at least. Rep -1.
    so if he was still on our team who the hell would he replace? Keep in mind, Walker is as good as him from what we've seen so far

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Even the ex-GM of Mn Kevin Mchale said "I have no idea why they let him go". Glad I'm not the only one scratching my head. Even if he wasn't in our plans, we could have used him for the playoff run. If I was Walsh I wouldn't have let him go even if he begged me.
    If the Knicks don't win a championship in the next 3 years and Brewer ends up having more rings than Sam Cassell, the entire Knicks front office should be fired.

Banned

Even if we lose tonight we're still 6-4 since the trade playing .600 ball without Billups & won plenty of road games. Stop with the MDA hate. It gets old. MDA didn't trade Brewer, Dolan & Walsh did & if he had Brewer... He'd play him. Just ask Carter & Mason. It's not his fault Melo & Amare struggled. It's not his fault we could rebound or defense. Lets not act like MDA allows 70 in one half often... The players are to blame tonight. Jesus christ

Superstar

so if he was still on our team who the hell would he replace? Keep in mind, Walker is as good as him from what we've seen so far
    C'mon. You don't really believe what you're typing do you? Brewer would be competing with Fields for a spot in the starting lineup.

LOL. He never got to see the court and averaged almost 2 steals and 13 points a game in 20 minutes with the Wolves. Who knows how good he could of been with our squad. And he easily been our sixth man like his is on the Mavs. Rautins and Balkman should of been packing their bags.

Banned

Like it's MDA's fault we shot 34 % from the field... You all are blind sometimes.