Knicks V Pacers - Mar 13 + 15: Home And Away Double Thread Special

WrongIslander

Rotation player
Are you serious?He hasn't acheived anything. We barely over .500 and are almost tied with Philly because Philly has a coach that actually teaches defense and they have a worse roster than us.

If you site our losses you can't ignore our wins just cos it suits. He's working with a team that he has had very little time with. It takes years to win titles usually yet you want one now. He's got us to the playoffs probably and if that's the case he's succeded and you know it. He then has to have his team perform in the playoffs to some degree as the next step.

I hope some people on here are going to look very silly come playoff time.

Its official. I'm done with MDA. I dont care what he does I will never like him as a coach. Shawn Williams on Hibbert? On Hansborough? WTF?

This Game is the epitome of why I dont like teams based around an offensive philosophy. Offense takes games off. DEFENSE DOESNT. How do you not match up in a game like this when your getting hammered by the bigs? Someone please explain it to me, because for the life of me I just dont understand.

MDA has to be fired. How in the heck do you have 20,000 people in MSG shouting defense yet have a coach that wouldnt know a defensive game plan if he were smacked in the mouth with it.
I seriously think Mike D'antoni is the worst head coach i've ever seen. He's stupid, he's stubborn and he doesn't have ANY ******* defense

LJ4ptplay

Starter
11 total assists. SMH. As a fan of basketball, this is some really putrid sh*t to watch. Yeah, our "superstars" got 25 and 28 points, but at what expense?

And nobody should be surprised by Melo's performance. 9-22 and 1-5 from 3-point. Melo has these games frequently, throughout his career. Add insult to injury, both he and Amare are lazy defenders.

mafra

Legend
If you site our losses you can't ignore our wins just cos it suits. He's working with a team that he has had very little time with. It takes years to win titles usually yet you want one now. He's got us to the playoffs probably and if that's the case he's succeded and you know it. He then has to have his team perform in the playoffs to some degree as the next step.

Any coach can make sure his team brings their A_game when you play a squad like MIAMI. The real coaches make sure their team is up for a game like tonight.

AND, when did I take anything away from a reg. season win? I just pointed out we haven't played CHI with both Boozer-Noah on the court together.

YOU'RE INSANE if you think we have any hope to beat CHI. We have a slim chance to beat MIA, but that's only b/c they're going to be tentative and slow to get rolling... Might be able to stun them before they've gathered 1 playoff series under their belt.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
You guys, it's not the coaches job to get players motivated to play a game. No NBA coach is supposed to do this. None of them are cheerleaders and babysitters at this level. That's for college and high school. These are professional athletes. They're supposed to motivate themselves. They didn't.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
Any coach can make sure his team brings their A_game when you play a squad like MIAMI. The real coaches make sure their team is up for a game like tonight.

AND, when did I take anything away from a reg. season win? I just pointed out we haven't played CHI with both Boozer-Noah on the court together.

YOU'RE INSANE if you think we have any hope to beat CHI. We have a slim chance to beat MIA, but that's only b/c they're going to be tentative and slow to get rolling... Might be able to stun them before they've gathered 1 playoff series under their belt.

If MDA beats MIA or CHI it's just, well the players should win that game. If he loses however it's "he can't beat the big teams".

The same people then comment on Miami and the fact they arn't getting it done enough against the bigger teams 3 and 11 now is it?

So which one is it ?

Also sorry to point this out to you and I hope when you realise it you don't flip out, but the definition of insanity to some of us at least is a world with no hope. Of course there is hope to beat CHI, there's hope to win against any team. What you're doing again is working with hypothetical absolutes and passing them off as fact, this is again something that is prevelant in the insane.

We've seen how bad of a defensive coach Mike D'antoni is when he was in Phenoix. I never said i wanted to win a championship right now so so get your facts straight bro, but my point is that we're never going to win a championship with D'antoni as our head coach because his system is flawed and he doesn't teach defense.Yeah D'antoni did great in the Regular Season with the Suns but that really doesn't mean anything because they never even got to the Western Conference Finals.

You guys, it's not the coaches job to get players motivated to play a game. No NBA coach is supposed to do this. None of them are cheerleaders and babysitters at this level. That's for college and high school. These are professional athletes. They're supposed to motivate themselves. They didn't.
Actually one of the main things a coach has to do is motivate their team and get on them when they are not playing good defense.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
We've seen how bad of a defensive coach Mike D'antoni is when he was in Phenoix. I never said i wanted to win a championship right now so so get your facts straight bro, but my point is that we're never going to win a championship with D'antoni as our head coach because his system is flawed and he doesn't teach defense.Yeah D'antoni did great in the Regular Season with the Suns but that really doesn't mean anything because they never even got to the Western Conference Finals.

Well if you don't want a championship right now then the logical conclusion is you are happy with progression and since we are progressing I don't see how you can say you want him gone and proclaim him the worst head coach you've ever seen.

I am well aware that MDA's Phoenix teams were statistically poor, however they were also offensively brilliant. I'm also aware that MDA does play D, there are more than enough pieces of evidence around of articles from people in Knicks training facilities who've seen him coaching it and I'm also aware that you don't get as far as his PHO team did consistently without being able to play any D.

Also I'd be surprised if there's a coach alive that would agree it's a fair measuring stick to sack someone who's been working with their team a matter of weeks and not even had a pre season with them.

Again I see the magic crystal ball is on the fritz. Next time you tell me to "get my facts straight" please present some in what follows not rabid at the mouth frothing opinion.

mafra

Legend
If MDA beats MIA or CHI it's just, well the players should win that game. If he loses however it's "he can't beat the big teams".

The same people then comment on Miami and the fact they arn't getting it done enough against the bigger teams 3 and 11 now is it?

So which one is it ?

Also sorry to point this out to you and I hope when you realise it you don't flip out, but the definition of insanity to some of us at least is a world with no hope. Of course there is hope to beat CHI, there's hope to win against any team. What you're doing again is working with hypothetical absolutes and passing them off as fact, this is again something that is prevelant in the insane.

Apparently you just aren't hearing some of us. MOST OF US MD haters don't like the coach b/c of his style, philosphy, rotation decision, and all that surrounds his SSOL system? You can argue all you want about this and that, but the at the center of all this... we're left with a Euro-phile who wants to play small ball and shoot 29-foot jumpers.

BIG always wins in the NBA. About 60 years of history proves that. Only MD is stubborn enough to feel otherwise. I also favor higher % shots over long bombs... and basketball to me is all about fluid movements and passing, working the defense and waiting until they break down. I don't buy into the notion that you dribble above half court and take the first shot you get... all b/c you want to have an extra 8-12 possessions.

In theory, it works magically... But humans are not robots.... This is why MD is always blaming the shooting (see his post game comments tonight) as the reason the loss.

I think MD cares. I think he knows his offense (but not so much where I count on him to draw up a play on the spot to give me a shot when the game is on the line). I just dont want a coach who has no need for size, pays little attention to practice and defensive schemes, and who runs an offense that hardly passes the ball. Das it.

and since we are progressing I don't see how you can say you want him gone and proclaim him the worst head coach you've ever seen.
I want him gone because i know we will never be able to win a championship with him as a head coach because defense wins championships and Mike D'antoni doesn't teach defense,get the picture?

carlhil2

Benchwarmer

Didn't the Celtics win it all their first season together? i don't know, the "godfather" F'ed up with his signing a coach who should be banned from having a D in his name, we are never, never, EVER, going to win squat with this guy, and Donnie should know better, he seems to be a bright man, and he should know that defense wins in the NBA, hell, if a defensive minded coach was running this team, he could tell them to just improvise on offense, and we would be more successful!:crossfingers:

WrongIslander

Rotation player
I want him gone because i know we will never be able to win a championship with him as a head coach because defense wins championships and Mike D'antoni doesn't teach defense,get the picture?

Why are you trying to talk down to me when you're a complete fool?

Seriously you don't KNOW anything, you think and that's maybe me giving you too much credit, but you don't know.

Get the words?

WrongIslander

Rotation player
Apparently you just aren't hearing some of us. MOST OF US MD haters don't like the coach b/c of his style, philosphy, rotation decision, and all that surrounds his SSOL system? You can argue all you want about this and that, but the at the center of all this... we're left with a Euro-phile who wants to play small ball and shoot 29-foot jumpers.

BIG always wins in the NBA. About 60 years of history proves that. Only MD is stubborn enough to feel otherwise. I also favor higher % shots over long bombs... and basketball to me is all about fluid movements and passing, working the defense and waiting until they break down. I don't buy into the notion that you dribble above half court and take the first shot you get... all b/c you want to have an extra 8-12 possessions.

In theory, it works magically... But humans are not robots.... This is why MD is always blaming the shooting (see his post game comments tonight) as the reason the loss.

I think MD cares. I think he knows his offense (but not so much where I count on him to draw up a play on the spot to give me a shot when the game is on the line). I just dont want a coach who has no need for size, pays little attention to practice and defensive schemes, and who runs an offense that hardly passes the ball. Das it.

I see, adding Xenophobia to the list. Nice.

MDA's like has never been seen in the NBA, he's brought more questions to the game than ever before and that's not just me saying that. If your only arguement is "It didn't work in the past it won't work in the future" then you have no argument. It's lazy and it's wrong as Isayughh has already pointed out so eloquently elsewhere.

What you favour? Yeah that's irrelevant.

Feel free to have an opinion that's why we're all here but don't try and pass it off as fact or there'll be someone to pull you up each time you do.

Why are you incapable of answering my questions? Why do you instead choose to repeat what you've already said. I understand your point indupitably I just don't agree with it and see certain obvious flaws where you are trying to pass of opinion as fact. This isn't even a basketball thing it's a common sense thing.

"Don't hate the player yo, hate the game"

I seriously think Mike D'antoni is the worst head coach i've ever seen. He's stupid, he's stubborn and he doesn't have ANY ******* defense

MDA is the absolute worst in game coach I've ever seen. EVER. He NEVER EVER adjusts to what the other team is doing. Everything is shoot our way back into the game. Never matches up. He's despicable...

Why are you trying to talk down to me when you're a complete fool?

Seriously you don't KNOW anything, you think and that's maybe me giving you too much credit, but you don't know.

Get the words?
Yup i'm the complete fool and i don't know anything when your the one who thinks we can win a championship with D'antoni as our coach =/

WrongIslander

Rotation player
MDA is the absolute worst in game coach I've ever seen. EVER. He NEVER EVER adjusts to what the other team is doing. Everything is shoot our way back into the game. Never matches up. He's despicable...

Glad to see people arn't over reacting. By the way working with such ridiculous absolutes in no way dilutes your argument to the point where it's laughable, honest.