Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 326

Thread: Knicks V Pacers - Mar 13 + 15: Home And Away Double Thread Special

  1. #76
    Veteran Clyde & The Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,463
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Its official. I'm done with MDA. I dont care what he does I will never like him as a coach. Shawn Williams on Hibbert? On Hansborough? WTF?

    This Game is the epitome of why I dont like teams based around an offensive philosophy. Offense takes games off. DEFENSE DOESNT. How do you not match up in a game like this when your getting hammered by the bigs? Someone please explain it to me, because for the life of me I just dont understand.

    MDA has to be fired. How in the heck do you have 20,000 people in MSG shouting defense yet have a coach that wouldnt know a defensive game plan if he were smacked in the mouth with it.

  2. #77
    Veteran StEpHoN_mArBuRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    3,086
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    I'm watching the post game press conference.. D'Antoni's response to the loss? "We just didn't shoot the ball well... Not enough ball movement... we were stagnant"... Not one mention of the defensive side.

  3. #78
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,381
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    I'm watching the post game press conference.. D'Antoni's response tot he loss? "We just didn't shoot the ball well... Not enough ball movement... we were stagnant"... Not one mention of the defensive side.

    Tommy Dee (theknicksblog.com) said it best: "When the Pacers were hitting perimeter shots what does the Knicks coach decide to do? Play zone and allow for…wait for it…more jumpers. When you want to change tempo in basketball, at any level, you pressure the ball. When you make shots you pressure full court and hope to trap. The Knicks rarely do. They stand around and wait for the other team to dictate what they do offensively."

  4. #79
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    157
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by STAT1
    I agree you can't fire a coach this late in the season, we really have no choice but to bear with this coach & hope he can iron out the team defense issues. The type of performance we're watching tonight against a team that's trying to get ahead of us in the playoff standings is simply unacceptable.

    IMO AC should have been playing over TD for much of the game he couldn't buy a shot from the perimeter I have no idea why he was kept in the game. Melo is playing out of control in the 4th & Billups looks real rusty in his 1st game back. Stat is getting owned by Hibbert defensively right now as well. This type of effort from our big 3 is not gonna get it done in the playoffs, regardless if MDA's our coach or not.
    The question is WILL WE MAKE THE PLAYOFFS ... if we continue to let Tyler hansbroughs and JJ Hicksons score 30 points on us then WE SHOULD NOT BE IN THE PLAYOFFS.

    D`ANTONI needs to FuC.KING get fired tonite. Thats it.
    tonight it just looked like a lay ups line up when the players are warming up.

  5. #80
    Veteran AmareForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens,NY
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by WrongIslander
    So you can beat MDA up for the regular season but completely ignore what he's achieved in it?
    Are you serious?He hasn't acheived anything. We barely over .500 and are almost tied with Philly because Philly has a coach that actually teaches defense and they have a worse roster than us.

  6. #81
    Superstar WrongIslander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, England
    Posts
    579
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by AmareForPresident
    Are you serious?He hasn't acheived anything. We barely over .500 and are almost tied with Philly because Philly has a coach that actually teaches defense and they have a worse roster than us.
    If you site our losses you can't ignore our wins just cos it suits. He's working with a team that he has had very little time with. It takes years to win titles usually yet you want one now. He's got us to the playoffs probably and if that's the case he's succeded and you know it. He then has to have his team perform in the playoffs to some degree as the next step.

    I hope some people on here are going to look very silly come playoff time.

  7. #82
    Veteran AmareForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens,NY
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    Its official. I'm done with MDA. I dont care what he does I will never like him as a coach. Shawn Williams on Hibbert? On Hansborough? WTF?

    This Game is the epitome of why I dont like teams based around an offensive philosophy. Offense takes games off. DEFENSE DOESNT. How do you not match up in a game like this when your getting hammered by the bigs? Someone please explain it to me, because for the life of me I just dont understand.

    MDA has to be fired. How in the heck do you have 20,000 people in MSG shouting defense yet have a coach that wouldnt know a defensive game plan if he were smacked in the mouth with it.
    I seriously think Mike D'antoni is the worst head coach i've ever seen. He's stupid, he's stubborn and he doesn't have ANY ******* defense

  8. #83
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    11 total assists. SMH. As a fan of basketball, this is some really putrid sh*t to watch. Yeah, our "superstars" got 25 and 28 points, but at what expense?

    And nobody should be surprised by Melo's performance. 9-22 and 1-5 from 3-point. Melo has these games frequently, throughout his career. Add insult to injury, both he and Amare are lazy defenders.

  9. #84
    Superstar WrongIslander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, England
    Posts
    579
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by AmareForPresident
    I seriously think Mike D'antoni is the worst head coach i've ever seen. He's stupid, he's stubborn and he doesn't have ANY ******* defense
    He's also one of the best around at getting to the dance but yeah he's one of the worst ever.

  10. #85
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,381
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by WrongIslander
    If you site our losses you can't ignore our wins just cos it suits. He's working with a team that he has had very little time with. It takes years to win titles usually yet you want one now. He's got us to the playoffs probably and if that's the case he's succeded and you know it. He then has to have his team perform in the playoffs to some degree as the next step.

    I hope some people on here are going to look very silly come playoff time.
    Any coach can make sure his team brings their A_game when you play a squad like MIAMI. The real coaches make sure their team is up for a game like tonight.

    AND, when did I take anything away from a reg. season win? I just pointed out we haven't played CHI with both Boozer-Noah on the court together.

    YOU'RE INSANE if you think we have any hope to beat CHI. We have a slim chance to beat MIA, but that's only b/c they're going to be tentative and slow to get rolling... Might be able to stun them before they've gathered 1 playoff series under their belt.

  11. #86
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    You guys, it's not the coaches job to get players motivated to play a game. No NBA coach is supposed to do this. None of them are cheerleaders and babysitters at this level. That's for college and high school. These are professional athletes. They're supposed to motivate themselves. They didn't.

  12. #87
    Superstar WrongIslander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, England
    Posts
    579
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by mafra
    Any coach can make sure his team brings their A_game when you play a squad like MIAMI. The real coaches make sure their team is up for a game like tonight.

    AND, when did I take anything away from a reg. season win? I just pointed out we haven't played CHI with both Boozer-Noah on the court together.

    YOU'RE INSANE if you think we have any hope to beat CHI. We have a slim chance to beat MIA, but that's only b/c they're going to be tentative and slow to get rolling... Might be able to stun them before they've gathered 1 playoff series under their belt.
    If MDA beats MIA or CHI it's just, well the players should win that game. If he loses however it's "he can't beat the big teams".

    The same people then comment on Miami and the fact they arn't getting it done enough against the bigger teams 3 and 11 now is it?

    So which one is it ?

    Also sorry to point this out to you and I hope when you realise it you don't flip out, but the definition of insanity to some of us at least is a world with no hope. Of course there is hope to beat CHI, there's hope to win against any team. What you're doing again is working with hypothetical absolutes and passing them off as fact, this is again something that is prevelant in the insane.

  13. #88
    Veteran AmareForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens,NY
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by WrongIslander
    If you site our losses you can't ignore our wins just cos it suits. He's working with a team that he has had very little time with. It takes years to win titles usually yet you want one now. He's got us to the playoffs probably and if that's the case he's succeded and you know it. He then has to have his team perform in the playoffs to some degree as the next step.

    I hope some people on here are going to look very silly come playoff time.
    We've seen how bad of a defensive coach Mike D'antoni is when he was in Phenoix. I never said i wanted to win a championship right now so so get your facts straight bro, but my point is that we're never going to win a championship with D'antoni as our head coach because his system is flawed and he doesn't teach defense.Yeah D'antoni did great in the Regular Season with the Suns but that really doesn't mean anything because they never even got to the Western Conference Finals.

  14. #89
    Veteran AmareForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens,NY
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    You guys, it's not the coaches job to get players motivated to play a game. No NBA coach is supposed to do this. None of them are cheerleaders and babysitters at this level. That's for college and high school. These are professional athletes. They're supposed to motivate themselves. They didn't.
    Actually one of the main things a coach has to do is motivate their team and get on them when they are not playing good defense.

  15. #90
    Superstar WrongIslander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, England
    Posts
    579
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by AmareForPresident
    We've seen how bad of a defensive coach Mike D'antoni is when he was in Phenoix. I never said i wanted to win a championship right now so so get your facts straight bro, but my point is that we're never going to win a championship with D'antoni as our head coach because his system is flawed and he doesn't teach defense.Yeah D'antoni did great in the Regular Season with the Suns but that really doesn't mean anything because they never even got to the Western Conference Finals.
    Well if you don't want a championship right now then the logical conclusion is you are happy with progression and since we are progressing I don't see how you can say you want him gone and proclaim him the worst head coach you've ever seen.

    I am well aware that MDA's Phoenix teams were statistically poor, however they were also offensively brilliant. I'm also aware that MDA does play D, there are more than enough pieces of evidence around of articles from people in Knicks training facilities who've seen him coaching it and I'm also aware that you don't get as far as his PHO team did consistently without being able to play any D.

    Also I'd be surprised if there's a coach alive that would agree it's a fair measuring stick to sack someone who's been working with their team a matter of weeks and not even had a pre season with them.

    Again I see the magic crystal ball is on the fritz. Next time you tell me to "get my facts straight" please present some in what follows not rabid at the mouth frothing opinion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •