Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 326

Thread: Knicks V Pacers - Mar 13 + 15: Home And Away Double Thread Special

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    GOD Im so PISSED OFFF

  2. #92
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,318
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by WrongIslander
    If MDA beats MIA or CHI it's just, well the players should win that game. If he loses however it's "he can't beat the big teams".

    The same people then comment on Miami and the fact they arn't getting it done enough against the bigger teams 3 and 11 now is it?

    So which one is it ?

    Also sorry to point this out to you and I hope when you realise it you don't flip out, but the definition of insanity to some of us at least is a world with no hope. Of course there is hope to beat CHI, there's hope to win against any team. What you're doing again is working with hypothetical absolutes and passing them off as fact, this is again something that is prevelant in the insane.
    Apparently you just aren't hearing some of us. MOST OF US MD haters don't like the coach b/c of his style, philosphy, rotation decision, and all that surrounds his SSOL system? You can argue all you want about this and that, but the at the center of all this... we're left with a Euro-phile who wants to play small ball and shoot 29-foot jumpers.

    BIG always wins in the NBA. About 60 years of history proves that. Only MD is stubborn enough to feel otherwise. I also favor higher % shots over long bombs... and basketball to me is all about fluid movements and passing, working the defense and waiting until they break down. I don't buy into the notion that you dribble above half court and take the first shot you get... all b/c you want to have an extra 8-12 possessions.

    In theory, it works magically... But humans are not robots.... This is why MD is always blaming the shooting (see his post game comments tonight) as the reason the loss.

    I think MD cares. I think he knows his offense (but not so much where I count on him to draw up a play on the spot to give me a shot when the game is on the line). I just dont want a coach who has no need for size, pays little attention to practice and defensive schemes, and who runs an offense that hardly passes the ball. Das it.

  3. #93
    Veteran AmareForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens,NY
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by WrongIslander
    and since we are progressing I don't see how you can say you want him gone and proclaim him the worst head coach you've ever seen.
    I want him gone because i know we will never be able to win a championship with him as a head coach because defense wins championships and Mike D'antoni doesn't teach defense,get the picture?

  4. #94
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    50
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by WrongIslander
    If you site our losses you can't ignore our wins just cos it suits. He's working with a team that he has had very little time with. It takes years to win titles usually yet you want one now. He's got us to the playoffs probably and if that's the case he's succeded and you know it. He then has to have his team perform in the playoffs to some degree as the next step.

    I hope some people on here are going to look very silly come playoff time.
    Didn't the Celtics win it all their first season together? i don't know, the "godfather" F'ed up with his signing a coach who should be banned from having a D in his name, we are never, never, EVER, going to win squat with this guy, and Donnie should know better, he seems to be a bright man, and he should know that defense wins in the NBA, hell, if a defensive minded coach was running this team, he could tell them to just improvise on offense, and we would be more successful!

  5. #95
    Superstar WrongIslander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, England
    Posts
    579
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by AmareForPresident
    I want him gone because i know we will never be able to win a championship with him as a head coach because defense wins championships and Mike D'antoni doesn't teach defense,get the picture?
    Why are you trying to talk down to me when you're a complete fool?

    Seriously you don't KNOW anything, you think and that's maybe me giving you too much credit, but you don't know.

    Get the words?

  6. #96
    Superstar WrongIslander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, England
    Posts
    579
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by mafra
    Apparently you just aren't hearing some of us. MOST OF US MD haters don't like the coach b/c of his style, philosphy, rotation decision, and all that surrounds his SSOL system? You can argue all you want about this and that, but the at the center of all this... we're left with a Euro-phile who wants to play small ball and shoot 29-foot jumpers.

    BIG always wins in the NBA. About 60 years of history proves that. Only MD is stubborn enough to feel otherwise. I also favor higher % shots over long bombs... and basketball to me is all about fluid movements and passing, working the defense and waiting until they break down. I don't buy into the notion that you dribble above half court and take the first shot you get... all b/c you want to have an extra 8-12 possessions.

    In theory, it works magically... But humans are not robots.... This is why MD is always blaming the shooting (see his post game comments tonight) as the reason the loss.

    I think MD cares. I think he knows his offense (but not so much where I count on him to draw up a play on the spot to give me a shot when the game is on the line). I just dont want a coach who has no need for size, pays little attention to practice and defensive schemes, and who runs an offense that hardly passes the ball. Das it.
    I see, adding Xenophobia to the list. Nice.

    MDA's like has never been seen in the NBA, he's brought more questions to the game than ever before and that's not just me saying that. If your only arguement is "It didn't work in the past it won't work in the future" then you have no argument. It's lazy and it's wrong as Isayughh has already pointed out so eloquently elsewhere.

    What you favour? Yeah that's irrelevant.

    Feel free to have an opinion that's why we're all here but don't try and pass it off as fact or there'll be someone to pull you up each time you do.


    Why are you incapable of answering my questions? Why do you instead choose to repeat what you've already said. I understand your point indupitably I just don't agree with it and see certain obvious flaws where you are trying to pass of opinion as fact. This isn't even a basketball thing it's a common sense thing.

    "Don't hate the player yo, hate the game"

  7. #97
    Veteran Clyde & The Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,463
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by AmareForPresident
    I seriously think Mike D'antoni is the worst head coach i've ever seen. He's stupid, he's stubborn and he doesn't have ANY ******* defense
    MDA is the absolute worst in game coach I've ever seen. EVER. He NEVER EVER adjusts to what the other team is doing. Everything is shoot our way back into the game. Never matches up. He's despicable...

  8. #98
    Veteran AmareForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens,NY
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by WrongIslander
    Why are you trying to talk down to me when you're a complete fool?

    Seriously you don't KNOW anything, you think and that's maybe me giving you too much credit, but you don't know.

    Get the words?
    Yup i'm the complete fool and i don't know anything when your the one who thinks we can win a championship with D'antoni as our coach =/

  9. #99
    Superstar WrongIslander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, England
    Posts
    579
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    MDA is the absolute worst in game coach I've ever seen. EVER. He NEVER EVER adjusts to what the other team is doing. Everything is shoot our way back into the game. Never matches up. He's despicable...
    Glad to see people arn't over reacting. By the way working with such ridiculous absolutes in no way dilutes your argument to the point where it's laughable, honest.

  10. #100
    Superstar WrongIslander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, England
    Posts
    579
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by AmareForPresident
    Yup i'm the complete fool and i don't know anything when your the one who thinks we can win a championship with D'antoni as our coach =/
    Think

    Know

    Look up both words and see why you're still a fool.

  11. #101
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,318
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by WrongIslander
    I see, adding Xenophobia to the list. Nice.

    MDA's like has never been seen in the NBA, he's brought more questions to the game than ever before and that's not just me saying that. If your only arguement is "It didn't work in the past it won't work in the future" then you have no argument. It's lazy and it's wrong as Isayughh has already pointed out so eloquently elsewhere.

    What you favour? Yeah that's irrelevant.

    Feel free to have an opinion that's why we're all here but don't try and pass it off as fact or there'll be someone to pull you up each time you do.

    "Don't hate the player yo, hate the game"
    Try not to use big words... Using them out of context makes you look foolish. I don't fear foreign people, I just K-N-O-W that Euro style of play doesn't work in the NBA. That's why Petrovic & Kukoc went from stars to role players.

    Then, when you type: "Don't hate the player yo, hate the game" you expose yourself as some lemming who can only access-then-upload the pop-bonk previously downloaded in your hard drive.

    The SSOL spread offense is akin to the run and shoot. It sells tickets, it looks cool but it'll never win a title.

    In the NBA you need SIZE. Lots of it. 2-3 BIG boys. Chew on that, and we'll revisit this in 7 years when MD is coaching in Italy.

  12. #102
    Member YungMelo15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    In my hoop dreams
    Posts
    309
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    For everybody giving Dantoni credit for anything the knicks have done this year, I wish you well.

    Its pretty obvious you guys don kow much about basketball, but are just fans.

    Terrible coaches who have success in the regular season aresuccesful because of talent. Nothing else!

    Avery johnson in dallas. Mike brown in cleveland, Dantoni on any team hes coached.

    There is a reason why they arent on theyre original teams anymore. THEY SUCK!

    How can anybody be satisfied with progression alone? The bottom line is, DANTONI MUST GO! Period! Why be in this league and you can not win?

  13. #103
    Veteran AmareForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens,NY
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by WrongIslander
    Think

    Know

    Look up both words and see why you're still a fool.
    Actually its the other way around. But hey if it makes you feel better Mike D'antoni is 2nd worst head coach i've ever seen, Isiah Thomas is the worst

  14. #104
    Veteran Clyde & The Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,463
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by WrongIslander
    Glad to see people arn't over reacting. By the way working with such ridiculous absolutes in no way dilutes your argument to the point where it's laughable, honest.
    Over reacting? I've seen this guys M O all year. Williams on Howard, Lopez, Gasol, Ilguaskis, Z-Bo, Brand, Hibbert, Hansborough. Its a bad matchup. No matter how you slice it. No matter if we won or not. Let me ask you this. Watching the Knicks this past year have you EVER seen MDA do something in game and said to yourself OK nice move? Or, that was smart? Or, he hasnt played in awhile maybe MDA is trying to matchup? I dam sure havent.

  15. #105
    Superstar WrongIslander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, England
    Posts
    579
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by mafra
    Try not to use big words... Using them out of context makes you look foolish. I don't fear foreign people, I just K-N-O-W that Euro style of play doesn't work in the NBA. That's why Petrovic & Kukoc went from stars to role players.

    Then, when you type: "Don't hate the player yo, hate the game" you expose yourself as some lemming who can only access-then-upload the pop-bonk previously downloaded in your hard drive.

    The SSOL spread offense is akin to the run and shoot. It sells tickets, it looks cool but it'll never win a title.

    In the NBA you need SIZE. Lots of it. 2-3 BIG boys. Chew on that, and we'll revisit this in 7 years when MD is coaching in Italy.
    Ooooh swing and a miss, next time you look up a word don't just take the first definition you find actually find the word used in context perhaps and you might stop yourself looking foolish. Xenophbia is also used in terms of immense dislike/hatred or in other words the way I was using it. If you really do want to try and put me down in regards to English, you know the language my people invented, then please "come correct".

    Oh and you don't "K-N-O-W" it doesn't work, you know it hasn't worked. Big difference. The point more relevant of course is you don't "K-N-O-W" if it will work in the future and therein lies the whole crux of what you are completely missing regardless of D'antoni, basketball or anything else really.

    No idea what you're talking about in your second paragraph, I was clearly using a vernacular I thought you'd appreciate hence the reason for the paragraphs to denote it's not something I'd usually say. Well played again though, you're really showing me up here.

    We're no longer playing SSOL but thanks for again showing how you'll say anything to put down our coach regardless of how he adapts to the new team he has been given.

    Oh while we're on that point, when the Melo deal was being talked about we heard how MDA wouldn't let go of Danilo and some rather unflattering comments were aimed at him for this. So in other words MDA was the key factor in stopping the trade right? But the trade went through so if we take what these people are saying as fact (clearly it wasn't but then when has that stopped us) then MDA doesn't have the final say at all. Fast forward and MDA has Melo, he plays well? Well that Walsh is a genius. He plays badly? MDA in player with no D shocker. Again there's a distinct lack of parity in this scenario, wouldn't you say?

    We'll revist it in 7 years will we? Okay, by that time you may have matured and realised what perspective is. I look forward to it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •