I'm already over this loss; we just went on a nice little run.

YungMelo15

Benchwarmer
I don't buy that they were tired in MEM. They had an off day, and most were rested b/c they sat the entire 4th vs Utah. I just think we had one of our 4th quarter hiccups, and after 8 solid quarters... we were due for a clunker.

I do think, overall, our defense has been better more often than it was before the trade... BUt I wont applaud averaging 105 ppg. Still, we've managed to hold teams under 100 more than before.

I was there last night. It was more than just fatigue. They had nothing from the moment the ball was tipped off.

Did Amar'e look tired?

I don't buy into the +/- nonsense. The eye test is all. Jeffries was bad. really bad. Haywood ate him alive. You can't have a small center who doesn't score on the floor if he wont rebound. Simple as that. He shouldn;t be playing in the NBA. NOt sure why he is on this team really...

BUt I do agree with the fact that this isnt wroth getting freaked out over. We'll get Billups back, and Douglas looks like he's playing his best ball right now. We will tighten our rotation come the playoffs. BUt BREWER proved last night that he is more valuable than Jeffries-Mason. Especially if we play MIA.

Billups-Fields-Williams-Melo-Stat will start against MIA. Douglas, Jeffries will be a part of the rotation; Turiaf will come if for a burst of energy. Walker or Mason will get their chance to hit a 3 or two.

So all will be good.

STILL, if we were so tired... Then why not send Balkman and Shelden out there in the 2nd quarter?

Im sorry bu Im with Mafra on this one. There shold be no excuses on how many games we play within 10 dys. In the playoffs,a 7 game series, the games arent over a 3 week span. Games like these are bi for a team. Think about it, if we pull a win against dallas out, that says alot about a team

I gaurantee were not the only team to play that many games in so many nights. Its an 82 game season. Dallas has won 20 of their last 23. It shows fight in a team, heart, toughness, ability to compete. It make you elite.

All championship teams sh*t on adversity in times like this during the season, and its not just the players, its the coaching staff as well.

If you LET any team shoot 51% from the field and out rebound you like dallas did,you can chalk that up in the loss column. Our caching staff has to preach a bette sermonm or our team will settle for being mediocre. I know were bette than that.

"If D'Antoni were the coach of the 76ers" lol... How did D'Antoni do with PHX? Had his team competing every year against elite teams. Check his winning % with the Suns. Outstanding.

"If D'Antoni were with the 76ers" lol & if Phil Jackson never had MJ & Pippen or Shaq & Kobe guess what? He never wins a championship.
That's why he failed to get them to the. Finals wijh such a talented roster? Why? Because he didn't teach them defense.

I can understand your bitterness mafra, I was as disappointed and angry after the third Cleveland game. (I was really really pissed).

I'm not going to argue with you, because at the end of the day what you say is all right and undeniable, my point is: It doesn't lead us any further. Bad loss and we play bad defense more often than not, but staying positive is always worth more than turning negative. A negative attitude will bring motivation and joy down very quickly.

There is nothing more we can do atm other than forgetting about Dallas and focussing on Indiana. Try to think about the positive aspects during the last couple of games, there were plenty. If we keep losing and slipping behind Philly we can start hating, but at the moment we should stay positive and support our players.

I know that we probably won't make it out of round 1 this season, especially if Miami is the opponent, but until then we should believe in a miracle and support our guys.

At the end of the day there is still hope that Dolan might replace D'Antoni, his brother and Phil Weber in the off season.

petescud

Starter
I wasn't surprised about this loss. WE need to take baby steps. Can't go from being a .400 club to wining it all. Dallas IMO is a top 5 team. They also have quite a few quality big players, which kills us. This combo and it would be nearly impossible to beat them, unless they beat themselves...We need to steal Hayward or Chandler from them

WrongIslander

Rotation player
Defense win Championships and Mike D'antoni doesn't teach defense, get what i'm saying?

What you're saying is irrelevant because it's a fallacy.

Mike D'antoni does teach defense = fact.

Defense doesn't just happen overnight with a completely new team = fact.

Nothing you say matters worth a shiney shi*e until at the very least when the playoffs are over when he's still not really had anything like a reasonable amount of time to work with his team.

Every team realistically favourite for this competition has been playing as a team and working on their drills as a team from DAY ONE.

People continue to take for granted what Mike can do on offense and if we had Larry Brown here it would be all about how his offense stank.

Some people just love to keep saying the same old same old regardless if it is conducive or productive.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
That's why he failed to get them to the. Finals wijh such a talented roster? Why? Because he didn't teach them defense.

Convenient way to look at it, but not exactly true.

He had a PG that couldn't defend, a PF that wouldn't and he had his team OVERachieving. The reason you talk about the Suns at all is because MDA made them into a force, the fact he ran into the teams that won the whole thing was just one of those things.

You can talk about MDA not teaching defense all day long but Stat was a totally different cat back then and Nash just can't defend period. If MDA had tried to defend against better defensive teams (i.e. all of them) then he wouldn't have even got the to playoffs.

iSaYughh

Starter
^^^ Excellent and overlooked point that if we were this grand "defensive" team, we would simply have a lesser offense.

This isn't about defense vs offense. Everyone knows you want the highest respective quotients of *both*, to be the best you can be.

The best place to derive whether or not the coach is getting the best, or a very high overall quotient (aka GETTING THE MOST OUT OF YOUR TEAM...aka BEING A GOOD COACH), is by,

how players are performing
how the team is performing/winning
how dangerous the team could potentially be in a given game, or series

Over the backdrop of expectations and goals by fans and analysts.

By these *legit* metrics, diluted by emotions and logical fallacies and argumentative speculations...regarding "offense" vs "defense"

Mike D'antoni...Is, and has been, a very good coach of our New York Knicks. Period.

The improvements we need to make -- falsely assumed to be MDA himself's fatal flaws -- are,

problems MDA himself recognizes
problems which Walsh himself has the greatest ability in fixing
problems which are on an upward trend of being fixed

Simply, problems. Which any,

incomplete
young
restructured
non-elite team

Will have. In spades. And be a cause of losing games.

NY is playing .600 since the trade. Billups has been out for some time. MDA is on the verge of leading the Knicks to the playoffs for the 1st time since 2004. Before the trade MDA had 4 of 5 starters in Felton, Fields, Amare & Mozgov who weren't with NY last season. Coaching a brand new team. After the trade MDA is working with 5 starters who weren't here last season. And he's STILL winning & only 3 games back of the 5 seed. MDA has NY winning despite the fact that as a team? We have next to zero experience working together. Fields is only a rookie who still has alot to learn. MDA is allowing Fields the chance to learn on the fly. MDA doesn't have a true Center to rebound, fill the lanes, block shots or even defend. The Knicks still rank as a top 3 offense. MDA has yet to have a training camp, offseason or preseason to work with our 3 leaders in Billups, Melo & Amare. MDA has never had a chance in hell to win with NY. He's made the most of his ONLY chance this year & he's leading NY back to playoffs. Sad...