Amare's Technical rescinded by the NBA

Amare needs to pick up his last Tech during the 2nd to last game, & sit out the last game before heading into the playoffs. That would give Amare a chance to pick up two T's during the playoffs before missing a game. Much better than being 1 tech away from a suspension heading into the playoffs.

Deathstroke

Benchwarmer
Amare needs to pick up his last Tech during the 2nd to last game, & sit out the last game before heading into the playoffs. That would give Amare a chance to pick up two T's during the playoffs before missing a game. Much better than being 1 tech away from a suspension heading into the playoffs.

You do know it resets for the playoffs right?

And have him sit for the game against the Celtics? Uh uh

Well, if the game against the Celtics wouldn't have any impact on the playoff picture to begin with; it wouldn't matter if Amare played or not.

I never knew the T's were reset during the playoffs though. If true, thats real good news for Amare & the Knicks. Good looking out.

STAT1

Starter
STAT plays with a high level of intensity it's hard for him not to react when calls go awry. That's still no excuse just trying to explain he can't help himself, he's gonna react cuz that's how he plays, he's always at full intensity his game face is always on so if a guy shoves him he's gonna shove back, that's just how he rolls. Whenever he screams after a ref's call you can clearly see him catch himself but well after he's already let out his own frustration, that's just the person he is it will never change.

miked1958

Rotation player
Wow

+1.... Thats some great advise hopefully MDA will be smart enough to try and pull that off. However that would mean Amare would have to go the final 16 or so games prior to that 2nd last game TECHless in order for that plan to work. but good thinking

STAT1

Starter
+1.... Thats some great advise hopefully MDA will be smart enough to try and pull that off. However that would mean Amare would have to go the final 16 or so games prior to that 2nd last game TECHless in order for that plan to work. but good thinking

The technical count gets reset at the end of the regular season... it doesn't carry over into the playoffs.

Good news for us.

On the other hand it would have been nice to watch the team play without Amar'e, I think Melo would have gone for a 45-50 point night and we would have been better on defense with Shelden Williams, Jared Jeffries and Ronny Turiaf splitting STAT's minutes.

Sons of Thunder

Benchwarmer
The ref should be disciplined for calling a frivolous technical like that. Did Haywood's T get rescinded as well?

Also, am I the only one who thinks it wouldn't be bad for Amar'e to sit out against Indy? It'll reset his tech count so he wouldn't be suspended for the rest of the season. As it stands now, he might pick up a real tech at some point and then be suspended for a big game against a tough opponent.

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
It doesn't reset. He gets one more suspension for every other tech 18, 20, 22 etc. And it doesn't carry over to the playoffs. It resets when the playoffs start and then they get 6 I believe, and get suspended on the 7th

The Hawks got destroyed yesterday and there facing Portland next, if we win these next two games and they lose against portland we will go on to 5th place.

Sons of Thunder

Benchwarmer
It doesn't reset. He gets one more suspension for every other tech 18, 20, 22 etc. And it doesn't carry over to the playoffs. It resets when the playoffs start and then they get 6 I believe, and get suspended on the 7th

Ahh OK thanks for clearing that up. I'm sure anyone that follows soccer will know what I'm talking about, where players will get yellows on purpose in the group stage of the World Cup or Champion's League to reset themselves for the knockout rounds. :D

The Hawks got destroyed yesterday and there facing Portland next, if we win these next two games and they lose against portland we will go on to 5th place.

That's freaking amazing. But then again it looks like Miami are bouncing back strong and might just retain their spot over Orlando. :barf: