The Official Draft Kenneth Faried Thread

He would be a great addition to our team.He's an excellent defender and can get us some rebounds and is not bad at scoring.He is the OVC defensive player of the year and leads the league in rebounds.

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr><td valign="top">Birth Place
</td><td valign="top">Newark, NJ</td></tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Height</td><td valign="top">6-8</td></tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Weight</td><td valign="top">225 lbs.</td></tr> <tr> <td valign="top">Position</td><td valign="top">F-C</td></tr></tbody></table>
Kenneth%2BFaried%2B2.jpg

NBA Comparison: Louis Amundson

Strengths: High energy post player who excels at doing the dirty work, in particular rebounding, defending and banging in the post ... Plays with exuberance and aggressiveness ... An above average, fluid athlete who is willing to sacrifice his body ... Huge hands help him to secure rebounds. Athletic body ... An excellent run/jump athlete with explosive leaping ability ... His long arms and explosiveness help to compensate for his lack of ideal size ... One of the most dominant interior forces on the college level, leads the nation in rebounds at 13.3 rpg ... A good shot blocker with timing and instincts ... Also extremely active defensively - leading the OVC in steals at 2.3 per game, very impressive for a bigman ... Offensive game has shown solid improvement ... His lack of versatility and offense actually makes him a stronger role player as he focuses most of his time and energy on improving his rebounding, defense and post play ... Has a great feel for positioning and using his length and quickness to gather rebounds ... An excellent out of area rebounder ... Competes hard, seems to have tireless energy ... Has a developing jump hook shot that he has added to his repertoire .

<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="stathead"><td colspan="15">Season Averages</td></tr> <tr class="colhead" align="right"> <td align="left" width="10%">SEASON</td> <td>TEAM</td> <td>MIN</td> <td>PTS</td> <td>REB</td> <td>AST</td> <td>TO</td> <td>A/T</td> <td>STL</td> <td>BLK</td> <td>PF</td> <td>FG%</td> <td>FT%</td> <td>3P%</td> <td>PPS</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left">2007-2008</td> <td>MORE</td> <td>20.2</td> <td>10.5</td> <td>8.0</td> <td>.3</td> <td>1.6</td> <td>.19</td> <td>1.2</td> <td>.8</td> <td>3.0</td> <td>.516</td> <td>.580</td> <td>.000</td> <td>1.23</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"> <td align="left">2008-2009</td> <td>MORE</td> <td>30.1</td> <td>13.9</td> <td>13.0</td> <td>1.4</td> <td>2.2</td> <td>.65</td> <td>1.9</td> <td>1.9</td> <td>2.9</td> <td>.556</td> <td>.577</td> <td>.400</td> <td>1.43</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" align="right"> <td align="left">2009-2010</td> <td>MORE</td> <td>30.3</td> <td>16.9</td> <td>13.0</td> <td>.5</td> <td>2.4</td> <td>.23</td> <td>1.6</td> <td>1.9</td> <td>3.3</td> <td>.564</td> <td>.595</td> <td>.250</td> <td>1.49</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" align="right"> <td align="left">2010-2011</td> <td>MORE</td> <td>34.6</td> <td>17.6</td> <td>14.5</td> <td>1.1</td> <td>2.7</td> <td>.41</td> <td>2.0</td> <td>2.4</td> <td>3.1</td> <td>.644</td> <td>.578</td> <td>.000</td> <td>1.67</td></tr></tbody></table>

SpaceJam

Rookie
I remember watching him play last month and he had like 20 points 16 rebounds and 5 blocks. This dude has raw talent and would be a great fit for this team and would bring defense which is something we need more of. This guy is my sleeper for this years draft..

NY_Swagger

Benchwarmer
Faried is projected to go around 20+ in the draft so he should be there for us. I would definitely be happy to see us draft him. Energy/defensive player off the bench is what we need since we have enough scoring. Although reminds me of Balkman with a bigger body.

Add a starting C to the roster like what most being saying in D.Jordan and pick up Billups while resigning Carter to a one year deal and I guess JJ.

moneyg

Starter
He would be a great addition to our team.He's an excellent defender and can get us some rebounds and is not bad at scoring.He is the OVC defensive player of the year and leads the league in rebounds.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>Birth Place

</TD><TD vAlign=top>Newark, NJ</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>Height</TD><TD vAlign=top>6-8</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>Weight</TD><TD vAlign=top>225 lbs.</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>Position</TD><TD vAlign=top>F-C</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Kenneth%2BFaried%2B2.jpg

NBA Comparison: Louis Amundson

Strengths: High energy post player who excels at doing the dirty work, in particular rebounding, defending and banging in the post ... Plays with exuberance and aggressiveness ... An above average, fluid athlete who is willing to sacrifice his body ... Huge hands help him to secure rebounds. Athletic body ... An excellent run/jump athlete with explosive leaping ability ... His long arms and explosiveness help to compensate for his lack of ideal size ... One of the most dominant interior forces on the college level, leads the nation in rebounds at 13.3 rpg ... A good shot blocker with timing and instincts ... Also extremely active defensively - leading the OVC in steals at 2.3 per game, very impressive for a bigman ... Offensive game has shown solid improvement ... His lack of versatility and offense actually makes him a stronger role player as he focuses most of his time and energy on improving his rebounding, defense and post play ... Has a great feel for positioning and using his length and quickness to gather rebounds ... An excellent out of area rebounder ... Competes hard, seems to have tireless energy ... Has a developing jump hook shot that he has added to his repertoire .

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=stathead><TD colSpan=15>Season Averages</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD width="10%" align=left>SEASON</TD><TD>TEAM</TD><TD>MIN</TD><TD>PTS</TD><TD>REB</TD><TD>AST</TD><TD>TO</TD><TD>A/T</TD><TD>STL</TD><TD>BLK</TD><TD>PF</TD><TD>FG%</TD><TD>FT%</TD><TD>3P%</TD><TD>PPS</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>2007-2008</TD><TD>MORE</TD><TD>20.2</TD><TD>10.5</TD><TD>8.0</TD><TD>.3</TD><TD>1.6</TD><TD>.19</TD><TD>1.2</TD><TD>.8</TD><TD>3.0</TD><TD>.516</TD><TD>.580</TD><TD>.000</TD><TD>1.23</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>2008-2009</TD><TD>MORE</TD><TD>30.1</TD><TD>13.9</TD><TD>13.0</TD><TD>1.4</TD><TD>2.2</TD><TD>.65</TD><TD>1.9</TD><TD>1.9</TD><TD>2.9</TD><TD>.556</TD><TD>.577</TD><TD>.400</TD><TD>1.43</TD></TR><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>2009-2010</TD><TD>MORE</TD><TD>30.3</TD><TD>16.9</TD><TD>13.0</TD><TD>.5</TD><TD>2.4</TD><TD>.23</TD><TD>1.6</TD><TD>1.9</TD><TD>3.3</TD><TD>.564</TD><TD>.595</TD><TD>.250</TD><TD>1.49</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>2010-2011</TD><TD>MORE</TD><TD>34.6</TD><TD>17.6</TD><TD>14.5</TD><TD>1.1</TD><TD>2.7</TD><TD>.41</TD><TD>2.0</TD><TD>2.4</TD><TD>3.1</TD><TD>.644</TD><TD>.578</TD><TD>.000</TD><TD>1.67</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

i made the same thread and rady combined it with another draft thread...

its under

Is it to early to start a draft thread?
props for recognizing KF though...he a beast

Last edited:
Bump... Faried had 12 points and 17 rebounds when Morehead State beat Louisville yesterday.

This shows that he can compete with great teams and still be dominant.

The Knicks have a great chance of being able to draft him, i know you most people would rather draft Jimmer Fredette but Jimmer doesn't play defense and what we need is DEFENSE not scoring.

iSaYughh

Starter
^ We'll also need PG help if we dump Billups *to* ensure locking up defense and a center.

But I agree -- Faried is a beast. People throw around legit Rodman comparisons for his motor, tenacity, and ability to rebound.

He arguably won the Louisville game, too, with his final minute defensive play alone.

Tho even before that, many of his expert rebounds led to easy Morehead outside shots...

He'd be an ultimate off the bench big for us. Arguably, could spell 3 positions for us if need be, and ideally give us the insurance we need on STAT.

Drafting Faried and I'd still look to drop Billups and do what it takes to sign a C, and have $ left to make a future sign or trade for a quality PG.

Not sure why anyone would want a top Guard such as Fredette, who lacks defensive ability; when offense will never be a concern under MDA & two of the NBA's top 5 scorers in Melo & Amare. Plus, we have two up & coming young G's in Fields & Douglas. Even if we lose Billups during the offseason to land one of Gasol, Jordan, Nene, Dalembert or Oden... TD will make for one hell of a future starting PG; especially once he learns under Billups how to run & control an offense. Douglas reminds me of a Westbrook type of PG; Explosive offensive scorer. He's also one hell of a defensive talent which I've enjoyed since his FSU days.

This Kenneth kid bring intensity which NY needs on D'. His defensive hustle would mash well with the intensity of Fields, Douglas, JJ & yes...even Stoudemire. We lack rebounding ability & this kid leads the NATION in boards! Sign me up for Faried. Only 6'8 so he'll never be a true C' but would make for an outstanding backup PF to Amare.

A true C' + Kenneth would make for a dream offseason.

Tyler Honeycutt

NBA Comparison: Josh Childress/Tayshaun Prince

Strengths: Honeycutt is a 6'8 versatile and athletic player who can interchange between the off guard and forward positions ... He has an excellent wingspan, as his long arms and active movement help him hit the boards hard and rebound the basketball despite being 6'8, 200lbs ... He has a capable midrange game off the dribble which will only improve with time due to relaxed, smooth mechanics on his shot ... His post game is deceptive, as he finds ways to slip and slide off his defender and uses a nice feel for the rim to score the ball ... His athleticism allows him to elude defenders in the air when attacking the rim ... Shows impressive vision and can hit the open man in tough situations ... With his length and athleticism, Honeycutt has potential to be an excellent defender, with high defensive awareness averaging 1.5 steals per game in 27 minutes ... Also has the ability to guard multiple positions ... Excellent rebounder for a wing especially on the offensive glass ... Intense, hard worker who shows a strong competitive edge that helps offset his physical limitations in regards to strength ...

Rick Jackson

Strengths: Rick Jackson began his senior year close to 30 pounds lighter, which has paid off so far over two months into the season ... Jackson rarely operates outside of the paint, scoring most of his points when he's established deep position under the hoop or on second chance opportunities ... He has a good feel for the basket up to ten feet or so, using his length and new found mobility to grab rebounds and finish in traffic ... In the post, he uses his strength to back down his defender and finish over him ... Shows high awareness as to what's around him in the post, knowing when to head fake, use a power dribble or go straight up ... Shows above average passing skills out of the post, averaging almost 3 assists per game... Defensively he blocks shots at a high rate, using his surprisingly quick feet and long arms ... Has become a dominant rebounder (11.7 rpg, good for first in the Big East and fourth in the nation) at the college level and it's his best attribute for the NBA game

Looks like I called it from the beginning that Faried was going to be a beast. I like Shump but you can't help but wonder what if we drafted Faried instead? Btw LOL at KFFQ being in this thread.

Rob Low

Rotation player
I knew Faried was gonna be a beast as well and really wanted us to draft him or Marshon Brooks. I was very upset when we drafted Shump because I didn't know much about him but im glad we did. Aside from Kyrie there's not another player i'd take over him in that draft. Thank god for Donnie Walsh

NYk_Reloaded718

&#9733;KNICKS-TAPE&#9733;
Both Brooks and Faried are turning out to be very good players, i'm not going to lie i wanted us to draft Brooks.

But if i could go back to that draft and pick all over again i'd still pick shump, once his offensive game evolves and if he can stay healthy he will end up being one hell of a player.

Kiyaman

Legend
Where is my post .... I raised the biggest hell in this KO forum when we didnt select Kenneth Faried with our pick ....
I Know I been pleading for us to get a SG every offseason after watching dizzy-Crawfull first season as a Knicks in 2004-5 season.

I was suppose to be happy when we finally selected SG-Shump ..
but HELL-NO! not when above the rim rebounding Kenneth Faried was still on the board ..
plus we were suppose to buy N.O. pick to select PG-Isiaah Thomas, not Jorts.

Wargames

Starter
i still think we should of traded fields to get that brooks pick but shump is good. He was a first team rookie its not like we too jimmer guys, though some people here wanted him....

Both Brooks and Faried are turning out to be very good players, i'm not going to lie i wanted us to draft Brooks.

But if i could go back to that draft and pick all over again i'd still pick shump, once his offensive game evolves and if he can stay healthy he will end up being one hell of a player.
Word I wanted Brooks too, I remember saying that I was fine with either Faried or Brooks. Then on draft night they were both available and we chose Shump and I think most of the people on this board were upset about the pick. I'm glad we picked Shump though and I'm sure he will be a beast if he stays healthy.