View Poll Results: Besides the Knicks, Who would you want to win the championship

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lakers

2 8.33%
  • Spurs

1 4.17%
  • Mavs

2 8.33%
  • Celtics

0 0%
  • Bulls

2 8.33%
  • OKC

6 25.00%
  • Orlando

2 8.33%
  • Portland

2 8.33%
  • Denver

5 20.83%
  • Other

2 8.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Besides the Knicks, Who would you want to win the NBA championship?

Superstar

Considering half our original team is now on Denver, I would say the. I love Gallo, Will, Mozgov and Felton. Plus, with all that George Karl went through. I think it would be nice to see him win a ring. It would be very inspring. Beats Cancer and then takes a team without his best superstar to the finals and wins. It's a good story.

With that said. I just want the Knicks to get there.

Denver would be nice but they won't get near the finals sorry.

Gotta be OKC for me, exciting, young team, great to watch, usually the underdog too which makes things more interesting.

Best SF in the league with Durant (sorry Melo) and an exciting PG in Westbrook. Would love to see them do well this year, unless they play the Knicks!

Banned
    FLorida. Thank god for the NBA league pass & MSG network.

The only pro teams I'd ever like to see win championships are the Knicks, Jets, Rays & Rangers.

Not sure why anyone would ever root for Denver to win a championship with Felton, Gallo & Mozgov. Why? So the Knicks, as a franchise; could get laughed @ for the next 30+ years? No thanks.

If the Knicks don't win a championship; the season becomes a moot point. No other team winning a ring could ever make me smile.

Originally Posted by KnicksFanFromQueens1985
    The only pro teams I'd ever like to see win championships are the Knicks, Jets, Rays & Rangers.

Not sure why anyone would ever root for Denver to win a championship with Felton, Gallo & Mozgov. Why? So the Knicks, as a franchise; could get laughed @ for the next 30+ years? No thanks.

If the Knicks don't win a championship; the season becomes a moot point. No other team winning a ring could ever make me smile.
    Interesting, why not the Mets or Knicks? Rays are a great team to follow though.

Banned

Well, I grew up as a Yankee fan when I was just a kid. My father would take me to Yankee games all the time when I was much younger (he was from the Bronx), but for some reason... After the strike year... He never took me to another baseball game. Have yet to see him watch a baseball game since. He turned his back on baseball after the strike & still says to this day "the Yankees would have won it all that year". So... For years, I guess I just lost my love for baseball myself.

In 96-99 I lived in FL as kid turning into a teen. Parents moved there when my grandmother got sick. During that time... I just fell in love the Devil Rays. Before 1998, I would watch them pratice @ local parks before they played their first game in 98. I've been hooked since. I also don't like how NYY have it easy. Always buying the best players money can buy. Being a fan of an underdog is just a better experience in my eyes. 2008 was a magical summer of baseball. One I'll never forget.

Banned

Speaking of the Rays... I'm pumped for this year. Yes, we lost Crawford, Pena, Garza & Sorriano. I'm most upset about the loss of Garza but we're loaded with young talent in David Price, Jeff Niemann, Wade Davis & Jeremy Hellickson. Hellickson will become a great one. Love this kid as much as Price. Would have rather kept Garza over Shields but Shields has always been our work horse as an innings eater. Great change up but he needs to get back to 08 form or we're introuble. We need Shields.

Crawford isn't a major loss. Not when Desmond Jennings is an exact clone but much younger. Jennings been ranked as MLB's top 3 prospect for 2-3 years now, and for good reason. He'll be a special star for the (St.Pete) Rays.

Manny still has alot left. He's looking real strong this spring. Cant wait to see Longoria & Manny as our 3-4 sluggers.

Pena's glove will be missed on defense. But he killed us with his bat. Either a K out or a HR & believe me... He strikes out 10x more than he comes through with a HR. Rally killer.

Definitley Bulls for me if we end up getting booted, unless we have to face them somehow. I love DRose, watching him lead that team to the Number One Seed is great.

DRose for MVP. He just makes his team better, if our team was Melo-less and we still had our old team I'd def think the MVP would have to go to Amare.

my son and I are fans of Michael Westbrook, so OKC gets my vote

Originally Posted by petescud
    my son and I are fans of Michael Westbrook, so OKC gets my vote
    ? Russell? lol I think you are thinking of Mike Westbrook of the Eagles