Barkley has our back; Says ticket Spike is a 'Disgrace.'

kylepicklehead

Benchwarmer
TNT's Barkley says Knicks' price hike is 'flat-out disgrace'

2:39 PM, March 14, 2011 ι By JUSTIN TERRANOVA

Don?t worry Knicks fans, Charles Barkley has your back.
The always outspoken TNT analyst slammed the Knicks for their plan to raise season-ticket prices 49 percent.
?That was a disgrace, a flat-out disgrace,? Barkley said in an interview on WFAN. ?Come on, that?s not fair at all. To raise tickets that much, and I understand that all these guys are trying to make money, but 50 percent is a little extreme. Let me rephrase that, a lot extreme.?
The Knicks raised season-ticket prices once in the prior 10 years, and not in the past six. That is due to owner James Dolan?s policy to not raise ticket prices when the team doesn't make the playoffs. That is likely to change this year with the Knicks currently the sixth seed in the Eastern Conference.
?The Knicks have been stinking for a long time and these fans have always been loyal,? Barkley said. ?And for them to jab them like that with a 50 percent increase that?s unfair.?
The team?s resurgence this year, coupled with a superstar tandem of Amar?e Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony, make the Knicks a tantalizing ticket. Also, the Garden is in the midst of a $700 million-$1 billion renovation. The Rangers are raising ticket prices 23 percent.
Barkley, who has been known to criticize the Knicks, also said the team gave up too much in their trade for Anthony and took a shot at Mike D?Antoni.
?Mike D?Antoni is a terrific coach, but I think he?s being stubborn,? the former Suns and 76ers star said. ?He had all those great teams in Phoenix that didn?t play any defense and now he has that same style in New York. He?s a great coach, but he?s being stubborn in saying they have to win my way. He has to address defense with his teams and stress it more.?
Barkley?s interview came on the ?Boomer & Carton Show,? which is simulcast on MSG Network.