Knicks Worst Defensive Team in NBA history

Oakman88

Benchwarmer
At least Chuck thinks so.

"Oh, they got Carmelo Anthony and everybody's excited," Barkley said. "You know, in the history of basketball . . . first of all, Carmelo's a terrific player, Amar'e [Stoudemire's] a terrific player and I like Landry Fields, but I gotta say, I watched the Knicks play. In the history of all basketball, they may be the worst defensive team ever. They play zero defense, and they're not gonna do well in the long run."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knic...tix_hike_e2yO0nFsKgEFA0keAyHZqL#ixzz1GgIb6Udx

iSaYughh

Starter
Well. Barkley posterizes himself yet again, since his statement is absolutely wrong. Factually, and empyrically.

We have had great defensive games against good teams throughout the season, our pts/100 isn't even that horrible, and we have quality peripheral stats (blocks, eg).

Our defensive woes can also most obviously, and profoundly, be tied to the fact that we have the worst 5 hole in the entire league. If Charles wants to make an absolute statement, that would be one that might actually hold some salt.

Barkley is just being a donkey and getting in as many licks as he can, since our team will invariably improve as it currently stands, and certainly as we make further improvements over the next 2yrs.

petescud

Starter
Barkley has been a Knick hater since Ewing left...I kinda side with him on that, that they never gave Patrick a chance to be a Asst coach

TommyMSG

Rookie
I don't know about worst ever, but we certainly have huge problems on defense. If we don't see some improvement soon, we'll get swept in the playoffs. Of course, MDA homers will still have his back.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
I love Barkley. He is hilarious, but he is paid to sensationalize everything he says. I'm sure he believes we are a poor defensive team, but he speaks in hyperbole for effect.

TakMan

Rotation player
End of the day it's up to the Knicks to prove theories that go along this line, wrong. I can't say the team (and by team I mean both coaching staff and players) have demonstrated the willingness to do this. Knicks are fortunate that the 76ers seem to slump when they do.

knicks1183

Benchwarmer
The knicks must attempt to emphasize defense if they even wanna make a splash in the playoffs, otherwise they may as well count on having a early vacation. I've been watching melo since his cuse days and glad to have him, but now this off season NY has to make some more moves to place us as top contenders in the east..

TommyMSG

Rookie
I'm sure the coaches know that we have to play better defense, but they're either incapable of designing defensive schemes or they suck at lining players up. It's a poor showing by the coaching staff in either case.

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
I honestly can't argue with him. 110+ points to the bucks, pacers, cavs, i can keep going.... These teams shouldn't score 90 on us.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i actually agree with him we were pretty horrid the past couple of games and the one thing that aggravated me the most was how we had absolutely 0 adjustment throughout the game. we continuously allowed an average player in Hansbourough play like an allstar. we didnt give them different looks and setups except for my least favorite thing we doe, especially cause were so bad at it-- and thats double team the opposition sees it coming, know were going to attempt to do it yet we still make it obvious; we've been a joke the last couple of games really. i dont care how many points you score you wont win many games when you allow 115+ to teams,

YungMelo15

Benchwarmer
Just wanted to throw around some stats since chuck did say "All time.

Did anybody know the worst defensive team ever was the 90-91 nuggets. They allowed 130 points per that season, and not 1 teamscored under 100on them.

They even had some teams score from 150 to 170 points on them that season. I beleive the coach was paul westhead at the time. Not exactly sure tho.

I know our D is horrid right now, but that is rediculous. LOL.