Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 63

Thread: Another DFDH must read....I rest my case : Fire This F---ing bum.

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Veteran DontForgetDerekHarper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Another DFDH must read....I rest my case : Fire This F---ing bum.

    1) Fields has 16 pnts through 3 periods on great shot selection and moving with out the ball.

    doesnt play a lick down the stretch

    2) Amare pushes a 12 nothing run to give us the lead

    coach benches him for 2 minutes taking him out of rhythm ??

    3) Jefferies airballs a 3 and doesnt get benched ??? this is the NBA if you cant hit the rim dont shoot the shot

    4) Our biggest downfall last game was Hansborough and Hibbert killing us in the paint on both ends of the floor.

    so what does our coach do, thinks offensively for more ball movement, by inserting a smaller player into the starting line up in S williams forcing amare to get man handled by a 7-3 265 center, while our two tallest players jefferies and turiaf sit on the bench ??????

    5) again we are left for long stretches with no starters on the floor ??? which leads to immediate double digit deficits for melo and amare to make up when they get back in the game.

    6) we have one knock down 3 pnt shooter and we are shooting 30 plus threes a game.....

    7) we double team hibbert 15 feet away from the basket, letting hansborough and granger wideeee open all game long.

    8) every time we drive and miss a shot we complain about a foul including our coach while the pacers are already at center court spreading the floor for a wide open three.

    9) Fire this coach

    10) fire this coach.

  2. #2
    Veteran DontForgetDerekHarper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Oh and P to the motha Fing S home boy.

    Amare - 5
    Melo - 9
    Billups -20

    every other player besides bill walker

    + 3 and up tonight.


    explain to me how our big 3 go down by double digits when they are on the floor
    and our role players keep the game even

    can you say effort, can you say coach hold your stars accountable

    can you say

    fire this mother FFFFFF_)

  3. #3
    Superstar nuckles2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    Oh and P to the motha Fing S home boy.

    Amare - 5
    Melo - 9
    Billups -20

    every other player besides bill walker

    + 3 and up tonight.


    explain to me how our big 3 go down by double digits when they are on the floor
    and our role players keep the game even

    can you say effort, can you say coach hold your stars accountable

    can you say

    fire this mother FFFFFF_)
    Damn...I can't give you another rep point because you just got one from me. It's nice to see that some people on here realize that coaching is more than just the Xs and Os, but that you also have to hold dudes accountable. Young role players have to see superstars put in their place by their coach, young role players have to know that the first 3 they see isn't the shot to take if your main guns haven't touched the ball yet (Mr. Douglas), Jeffries has to know not to take 3s...and if none of these players know this stuff...the coach has to reinforce it.

    Based on some of the comments here on KO, you'd think that some of these guys never played organized team sports and were never coached.

  4. #4
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Been a partial supporter of Dantoni....but I have to agree w/ you, his style of play simply is not getting it done!

  5. #5
    Veteran DontForgetDerekHarper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by New New York
    Been a partial supporter of Dantoni....but I have to agree w/ you, his style of play simply is not getting it done!


    theres no way you cant agree with whats going on. I Can make a list but after 8 points i get tired of talking about it, I can break down any coach in this league being that I have coached, played college basketball, and been around basketball for 20 years as being my number one love in life.

    the bottom line, is if you want that run n gun nonsense in phoenix to put fans in the seats fine, but in NEW YORK

    that ish doesnt fly.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    214
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Listen we need a new coach simple as that, he won't change his style for anybody, say now for example we get Dwight, his system doesn't fit having an actual Center on the team but he's going to be forced to play him because well he's Dwight Howard.

  7. #7
    Veteran AmareForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens,NY
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I hope the crowd starts chanting fire Mike D'antoni in the next game at MSG.

  8. #8
    Member YungMelo15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    In my hoop dreams
    Posts
    309
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    I agree 100%!! Fields always gets taken out at the stupidest times. Especially when he has a rythem.

    This clown preaches offense, yet he has this wack ass bench in the game for long stretches. Thats why STAT n MELO are shooting low percetages.

    Chauncey played like a bum, especially those turnovers.

    I want to know why he didnt call a timeout with 24 seconds left. Set up a play for offense, and get your defense ready for what the other team will do.

    JJ threw the WORST inbounds pass Ive ever seen, why was he taking the bal out? Get him as far away from the ball as possible. THE BENCH!

    Its definately time for him to go fam. This sh** is getting embarrasing.

    Hansborough career highed on us TWICE! HANSBOUROUGH??? GTFOH

  9. #9
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    1) Fields has 16 pnts through 3 periods on great shot selection and moving with out the ball.

    doesnt play a lick down the stretch

    2) Amare pushes a 12 nothing run to give us the lead

    coach benches him for 2 minutes taking him out of rhythm ??

    3) Jefferies airballs a 3 and doesnt get benched ??? this is the NBA if you cant hit the rim dont shoot the shot

    4) Our biggest downfall last game was Hansborough and Hibbert killing us in the paint on both ends of the floor.

    so what does our coach do, thinks offensively for more ball movement, by inserting a smaller player into the starting line up in S williams forcing amare to get man handled by a 7-3 265 center, while our two tallest players jefferies and turiaf sit on the bench ??????

    5) again we are left for long stretches with no starters on the floor ??? which leads to immediate double digit deficits for melo and amare to make up when they get back in the game.

    6) we have one knock down 3 pnt shooter and we are shooting 30 plus threes a game.....

    7) we double team hibbert 15 feet away from the basket, letting hansborough and granger wideeee open all game long.

    8) every time we drive and miss a shot we complain about a foul including our coach while the pacers are already at center court spreading the floor for a wide open three.

    9) Fire this coach

    10) fire this coach.
    There's nothing more to say.

    Good post DFDH!

  10. #10
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Everyone realizes that our foundation is the two laziest defensive "superstars" in the league, right?

    Everyone that had watched this team before the trade knew what we needed. We were the #2 team offensively and needed more defense, outside shooting, and a quality big man. But we traded our best outside shooter, best defender and best young big man for a poor outside shooter that is one of the worst defensive "superstars" and least efficient scorers in the league. Subtraction by subtraction.

    I could see this trainwreck coming from a mile away.

  11. #11
    Superstar nuckles2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    You could also make the case that trying to build a "dynasty" around one superstar in Amar'e could have been a train wreck as well...cause you know...Kobe won without Shaq and Pau, Dirk has a few rings, LBJ has a few rings, Howard got past Kobe and Pau, Paul Pierce, KG, and Allen all won rings when they tried to get it done by themselves...you know...building a team with one superstar when the last 15 (14 if you want to unfairly overlook the '04 Pistons) champions all got it done with 2 or more stars, or at the very least dominant players at their position (regardless of whether or not they got the media attention and commercials.)

    Getting Melo was step one, step two is getting a coach who can utilize what he has and get the very best out of his team and all of his players. You don't have to be on the All-NBA defensive team to play solid team defense...there's not a single NBA squad with 5 starters on that list, but there are multiple squads who have their coaches preach defense and also implement the defensive game plans and their adjustments. MDA does not.

    This change is necessary.

  12. #12
    Veteran DontForgetDerekHarper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Yeah I dont want to get into the debate whether melo was a good trade or not, because at the end of the day , although denver has 10 deep in talent with 3 shot blocking presences we are not a complete team yet.


    the bottom line isnt whether we are a complete enough team to compete for a chip right now

    but that losing twice to the cavs
    and then twice to the pacers in terrible fashion
    is a reflection of horrible coaching

    it has nothing to do with whether melo or amare are this or that or this or that or blah blah blah

    it has to do with our coach not preparing in game or pre game to handle teams with lesser ability.

  13. #13
    Member knicksman20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    155
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    You could also make the case that trying to build a "dynasty" around one superstar in Amar'e could have been a train wreck as well...cause you know...Kobe won without Shaq and Pau, Dirk has a few rings, LBJ has a few rings, Howard got past Kobe and Pau, Paul Pierce, KG, and Allen all won rings when they tried to get it done by themselves...you know...building a team with one superstar when the last 15 (14 if you want to unfairly overlook the '04 Pistons) champions all got it done with 2 or more stars, or at the very least dominant players at their position (regardless of whether or not they got the media attention and commercials.)

    Getting Melo was step one, step two is getting a coach who can utilize what he has and get the very best out of his team and all of his players. You don't have to be on the All-NBA defensive team to play solid team defense...there's not a single NBA squad with 5 starters on that list, but there are multiple squads who have their coaches preach defense and also implement the defensive game plans and their adjustments. MDA does not.

    This change is necessary.
    And to add to your post (which is right on point) a good coach can hide defensive deficiencies from his players by emphasizing team defense & having a game plan defensively to slow down the the opposing team. All of the great defensive teams collectively play great team defense. They might not have great individual defenders but as a team they're great.

  14. #14
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    You could also make the case that trying to build a "dynasty" around one superstar in Amar'e could have been a train wreck as well...cause you know...Kobe won without Shaq and Pau, Dirk has a few rings, LBJ has a few rings, Howard got past Kobe and Pau, Paul Pierce, KG, and Allen all won rings when they tried to get it done by themselves...you know...building a team with one superstar when the last 15 (14 if you want to unfairly overlook the '04 Pistons) champions all got it done with 2 or more stars, or at the very least dominant players at their position (regardless of whether or not they got the media attention and commercials.)

    Getting Melo was step one, step two is getting a coach who can utilize what he has and get the very best out of his team and all of his players. You don't have to be on the All-NBA defensive team to play solid team defense...there's not a single NBA squad with 5 starters on that list, but there are multiple squads who have their coaches preach defense and also implement the defensive game plans and their adjustments. MDA does not.

    This change is necessary.
    I'm not sold that multiple max contract players is the only way to build a championship team. They need to compliment each other well, first and foremost. I don't think Melo and Amare compliment each other well. There were much better options than gutting the team for Melo. He's one of the most overrated "superstars" I've ever seen and only exacerbates our deficiencies. Every team that has won a championship had balance and depth, not multiple max-contract level players. I disagree, I don't think the trade was necessary. $18 mil in cap space + our roster could have surrounded Amare with a lot of solid talent. The Bulls are contenders, how many max-contract players do they have?

  15. #15
    Superstar nuckles2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    I'm not sold that multiple max contract players is the only way to build a championship team. They need to compliment each other well, first and foremost. I don't think Melo and Amare compliment each other well. There were much better options than gutting the team for Melo. He's one of the most overrated "superstars" I've ever seen and only exacerbates our deficiencies. Every team that has won a championship had balance and depth, not multiple max-contract level players. I disagree, I don't think the trade was necessary. $18 mil in cap space + our roster could have surrounded Amare with a lot of solid talent. The Bulls are contenders, how many max-contract players do they have?
    I never said max contracts in my post. I merely made the point that in today's NBA building a "solid" team is not enough, there have been countless of those "solid" teams without rings while teams with multiple stars, or at least players who were dominant at their position, have gone on to eliminate those solid teams built around one superstar, in a seven game series.

    I know about the Bulls...I watch the NBA, but I also remember the Cleveland Cavs last year having the number one defensive team and winning 60+ games, and the Celtics had the ability to take them apart and force them to play LeBron-ball....either stop the supporting cast and let LBJ go off, or try to contain LBJ and dare the supporting cast to beat them. It was the same thing with the Magic the year before that. I will look past the hype of the Bulls impressive regular season and ask "why can't it be the same with the Bulls?" You need balance and depth in the playoffs. Ideally, you obtain that balance with solid defense, and more than one option on offense who can carry your team if need be. When it's only been Dirk, Kobe, KG, Paul, LBJ, Wade, Dwight, there hasn't been any rings.

    There's a blueprint that's been established, maybe one day a team will win it where it's HIM and the rest of them. But the past 15 seasons says that blueprint won't work in the currently constructed league, so let's not follow that one.

    And I don't exactly agree with Melo and STAT not being complementary, because one can kind of be ball dominant while the other's position doesn't exactly allow him to dominant the ball. Draw up plays that take advantage of both of their talents, kind of like that play in Memphis where STAT runs over and slips the screen for Melo...options, talent, devastation on the defense. It can be done by a coach who isn't married to his "philosophy" and can adapt to what he has as opposed to needing "special" players to fit his system...this isn't football where a 3-4 linebacker wouldn't quite fit a 4-3 scheme...this is the NBA...size, easy buckets, defense, championship.

Similar Threads

  1. Christianity in 30 Seconds
    By KnicksFan4Realz in forum Hangout
    Replies: 425
    Last Post: Sep 19, 2008, 16:15
  2. Our brain. What Evolution cannot account for!
    By Knicks4lyfe in forum Hangout
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: Jul 31, 2008, 14:20
  3. New York Knicks@ Boston Celtics
    By D-Lee42fan in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: Dec 01, 2007, 22:59

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •