Another DFDH must read....I rest my case : Fire This F---ing bum.

1) Fields has 16 pnts through 3 periods on great shot selection and moving with out the ball.

doesnt play a lick down the stretch

2) Amare pushes a 12 nothing run to give us the lead

coach benches him for 2 minutes taking him out of rhythm ??

3) Jefferies airballs a 3 and doesnt get benched ??? this is the NBA if you cant hit the rim dont shoot the shot

4) Our biggest downfall last game was Hansborough and Hibbert killing us in the paint on both ends of the floor.

so what does our coach do, thinks offensively for more ball movement, by inserting a smaller player into the starting line up in S williams forcing amare to get man handled by a 7-3 265 center, while our two tallest players jefferies and turiaf sit on the bench ??????

5) again we are left for long stretches with no starters on the floor ??? which leads to immediate double digit deficits for melo and amare to make up when they get back in the game.

6) we have one knock down 3 pnt shooter and we are shooting 30 plus threes a game.....

7) we double team hibbert 15 feet away from the basket, letting hansborough and granger wideeee open all game long.

8) every time we drive and miss a shot we complain about a foul including our coach while the pacers are already at center court spreading the floor for a wide open three.

9) Fire this coach

10) fire this coach.

Oh and P to the motha Fing S home boy.

Amare - 5
Melo - 9
Billups -20

every other player besides bill walker

+ 3 and up tonight.

explain to me how our big 3 go down by double digits when they are on the floor
and our role players keep the game even

can you say effort, can you say coach hold your stars accountable

can you say

fire this mother FFFFFF_)

YungMelo15

Benchwarmer
I agree 100%!! Fields always gets taken out at the stupidest times. Especially when he has a rythem.

This clown preaches offense, yet he has this wack ass bench in the game for long stretches. Thats why STAT n MELO are shooting low percetages.

Chauncey played like a bum, especially those turnovers.

I want to know why he didnt call a timeout with 24 seconds left. Set up a play for offense, and get your defense ready for what the other team will do.

JJ threw the WORST inbounds pass Ive ever seen, why was he taking the bal out? Get him as far away from the ball as possible. THE BENCH!

Its definately time for him to go fam. This sh** is getting embarrasing.

Hansborough career highed on us TWICE! HANSBOUROUGH??? GTFOH

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Oh and P to the motha Fing S home boy.

Amare - 5
Melo - 9
Billups -20

every other player besides bill walker

+ 3 and up tonight.

explain to me how our big 3 go down by double digits when they are on the floor
and our role players keep the game even

can you say effort, can you say coach hold your stars accountable

can you say

fire this mother FFFFFF_)

Damn...I can't give you another rep point because you just got one from me. It's nice to see that some people on here realize that coaching is more than just the Xs and Os, but that you also have to hold dudes accountable. Young role players have to see superstars put in their place by their coach, young role players have to know that the first 3 they see isn't the shot to take if your main guns haven't touched the ball yet (Mr. Douglas), Jeffries has to know not to take 3s...and if none of these players know this stuff...the coach has to reinforce it.

Based on some of the comments here on KO, you'd think that some of these guys never played organized team sports and were never coached.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Been a partial supporter of Dantoni....but I have to agree w/ you, his style of play simply is not getting it done!

Been a partial supporter of Dantoni....but I have to agree w/ you, his style of play simply is not getting it done!

theres no way you cant agree with whats going on. I Can make a list but after 8 points i get tired of talking about it, I can break down any coach in this league being that I have coached, played college basketball, and been around basketball for 20 years as being my number one love in life.

the bottom line, is if you want that run n gun nonsense in phoenix to put fans in the seats fine, but in NEW YORK

that ish doesnt fly.

Deathstroke

Benchwarmer
Listen we need a new coach simple as that, he won't change his style for anybody, say now for example we get Dwight, his system doesn't fit having an actual Center on the team but he's going to be forced to play him because well he's Dwight Howard.

Listen we need a new coach simple as that, he won't change his style for anybody, say now for example we get Dwight, his system doesn't fit having an actual Center on the team but he's going to be forced to play him because well he's Dwight Howard.

we havent had an actual center on this team for his entire tenure

first david lee
now amare

no 7 footers get signed and kept with him on the sideline

and youre telling me we are a championship level potential team with him here

stop stop stop

he has to go

he hasssss to go

we havent had an actual center on this team for his entire tenure

first david lee
now amare

no 7 footers get signed and kept with him on the sideline

and youre telling me we are a championship level potential team with him here

stop stop stop

he has to go

he hasssss to go

:agreed Mike D has to go. Who should we replace him with? Bill laimbeer? JVG? Rick adelman?

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I'll say this...I def don't like how the Knicks look and if another coach can actually fix our issues I am all for it.

On a side note am I the only one who thinks STAT makes stupid decisions on both ends of the court? I am coming to the conclusion that he has a very low bball IQ.

platnumn

Benchwarmer
HE'S NOT GOING ANYWHERE THIS SEASON

PLEASE stop with these dumb threads about firing the coach, it's seriously annoying.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
HE'S NOT GOING ANYWHERE THIS SEASON

PLEASE stop with these dumb threads about firing the coach, it's seriously annoying.

I can't see what's dumb about wanting to address what has become an increasing concern for our team.

*Get a new sig

nyk_nyk

All Star
1) Fields has 16 pnts through 3 periods on great shot selection and moving with out the ball.

doesnt play a lick down the stretch

2) Amare pushes a 12 nothing run to give us the lead

coach benches him for 2 minutes taking him out of rhythm ??

3) Jefferies airballs a 3 and doesnt get benched ??? this is the NBA if you cant hit the rim dont shoot the shot

4) Our biggest downfall last game was Hansborough and Hibbert killing us in the paint on both ends of the floor.

so what does our coach do, thinks offensively for more ball movement, by inserting a smaller player into the starting line up in S williams forcing amare to get man handled by a 7-3 265 center, while our two tallest players jefferies and turiaf sit on the bench ??????

5) again we are left for long stretches with no starters on the floor ??? which leads to immediate double digit deficits for melo and amare to make up when they get back in the game.

6) we have one knock down 3 pnt shooter and we are shooting 30 plus threes a game.....

7) we double team hibbert 15 feet away from the basket, letting hansborough and granger wideeee open all game long.

8) every time we drive and miss a shot we complain about a foul including our coach while the pacers are already at center court spreading the floor for a wide open three.

9) Fire this coach

10) fire this coach.

There's nothing more to say.

Good post DFDH!

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Everyone realizes that our foundation is the two laziest defensive "superstars" in the league, right?

Everyone that had watched this team before the trade knew what we needed. We were the #2 team offensively and needed more defense, outside shooting, and a quality big man. But we traded our best outside shooter, best defender and best young big man for a poor outside shooter that is one of the worst defensive "superstars" and least efficient scorers in the league. Subtraction by subtraction.

I could see this trainwreck coming from a mile away.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
You could also make the case that trying to build a "dynasty" around one superstar in Amar'e could have been a train wreck as well...cause you know...Kobe won without Shaq and Pau, Dirk has a few rings, LBJ has a few rings, Howard got past Kobe and Pau, Paul Pierce, KG, and Allen all won rings when they tried to get it done by themselves...you know...building a team with one superstar when the last 15 (14 if you want to unfairly overlook the '04 Pistons) champions all got it done with 2 or more stars, or at the very least dominant players at their position (regardless of whether or not they got the media attention and commercials.)

Getting Melo was step one, step two is getting a coach who can utilize what he has and get the very best out of his team and all of his players. You don't have to be on the All-NBA defensive team to play solid team defense...there's not a single NBA squad with 5 starters on that list, but there are multiple squads who have their coaches preach defense and also implement the defensive game plans and their adjustments. MDA does not.

This change is necessary.

Yeah I dont want to get into the debate whether melo was a good trade or not, because at the end of the day , although denver has 10 deep in talent with 3 shot blocking presences we are not a complete team yet.

the bottom line isnt whether we are a complete enough team to compete for a chip right now

but that losing twice to the cavs
and then twice to the pacers in terrible fashion
is a reflection of horrible coaching

it has nothing to do with whether melo or amare are this or that or this or that or blah blah blah

it has to do with our coach not preparing in game or pre game to handle teams with lesser ability.

knicksman20

Benchwarmer
You could also make the case that trying to build a "dynasty" around one superstar in Amar'e could have been a train wreck as well...cause you know...Kobe won without Shaq and Pau, Dirk has a few rings, LBJ has a few rings, Howard got past Kobe and Pau, Paul Pierce, KG, and Allen all won rings when they tried to get it done by themselves...you know...building a team with one superstar when the last 15 (14 if you want to unfairly overlook the '04 Pistons) champions all got it done with 2 or more stars, or at the very least dominant players at their position (regardless of whether or not they got the media attention and commercials.)

Getting Melo was step one, step two is getting a coach who can utilize what he has and get the very best out of his team and all of his players. You don't have to be on the All-NBA defensive team to play solid team defense...there's not a single NBA squad with 5 starters on that list, but there are multiple squads who have their coaches preach defense and also implement the defensive game plans and their adjustments. MDA does not.

And to add to your post (which is right on point) a good coach can hide defensive deficiencies from his players by emphasizing team defense & having a game plan defensively to slow down the the opposing team. All of the great defensive teams collectively play great team defense. They might not have great individual defenders but as a team they're great.

LJ4ptplay

Starter

I'm not sold that multiple max contract players is the only way to build a championship team. They need to compliment each other well, first and foremost. I don't think Melo and Amare compliment each other well. There were much better options than gutting the team for Melo. He's one of the most overrated "superstars" I've ever seen and only exacerbates our deficiencies. Every team that has won a championship had balance and depth, not multiple max-contract level players. I disagree, I don't think the trade was necessary. $18 mil in cap space + our roster could have surrounded Amare with a lot of solid talent. The Bulls are contenders, how many max-contract players do they have?

platnumn

Benchwarmer
Crazy⑧s;167855 said:
I can't see what's dumb about wanting to address what has become an increasing concern for our team.

*Get a new sig

Crazy 8 I respect you a lot man.

My point is that there have been reasonings and examples to Fire D'antoni in at least 10 threads in the past month, and even more than that since the season has started. I am just as frustrated as anyone, but it's not like this thread is bringing up something that has not bee mentioned before (and before, and before)

That's all. (P.S. I love my sig, who doesn't like the Krypto-nates?!)

And to comment on #5, I think our 2nd team hung in pretty well, I remember them hitting some big shots to come OUT of the defecit, not go down by double digits. Maybe that was an isolated event? Maybe I fell :sleep::sleep: for a second.

Anyway god bless, and good riddance to D'antoni --- Woulda loved to see Byron Scott step in, but let's hope for Van Gundy to make a COMEBACK!