View Poll Results: Including tonight,How many wins will the Knicks get out of they're last 17 games?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • 14-3

1 4.55%
  • 12-5

8 36.36%
  • 10-7

6 27.27%
  • 8-9

7 31.82%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grisles vs Knicks (3-17-11): Happy St. Madness?

Veteran

^^ haha. More reason to let Billups go and let the bigs reign.

Barring we can sign Mr. Bigshot to a prime new contract pre-CBA, per Mr. Smokes' sage analysis.

Damn TD looks like Reggie Miller out there.

Amare is an animal going to the basket!

Originally Posted by smokes
    Son, you don't even know what whack means...

Whack is like your shirt, shoes and skinny jeans...

Don't even try to compete with my schemes...

Now I'm gonna go light up these greens
    Why do you insist on spelling 'wackness' wrong.. Get ya slang right dummy..

These schemes you speak of are..

The state of being wack -- A measure of the degree to which someone or something is wack. Alternatively, an exclamation indicating a high degree of wackness in the general surroundings.

I sense wackness emanating from these weak, low grade emcees

Your so-called schemes = WACKNESS = the opposite of dopeness sir..

"man instead of looking at all the dope things in your life you look at the wack. it's like, stop caring about the wackness"

I feel bad for OJ Mayo, he shouldn't be getting only 20 minutes per game and should be starting instead of Young.

TD is ON FIRE

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Why do you insist on spelling 'wackness' wrong.. Get ya slang right dummy..

These schemes you speak of are..

The state of being wack -- A measure of the degree to which someone or something is wack. Alternatively, an exclamation indicating a high degree of wackness in the general surroundings.

I sense wackness emanating from these weak, low grade emcees

Your so-called schemes = WACKNESS = the opposite of dopeness sir..

"man instead of looking at all the dope things in your life you look at the wack. it's like, stop caring about the wackness"
    Touche!

Anyway, Knicks dominate as expected. Another win against a team with a better record than us. Still not really impressed by this win all that talk of defense and we won with the 3.

Shame.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Toney going tropical tonight. 8 3s!
    I swear he's more important to the Knicks than Stat and Melo. Check the stats when he's making his shots the Knicks win when he doesn't the Knicks lose.

Tony tied it! Yes sir!

Touche!

Anyway, Knicks dominate as expected. Another win against a team with a better record than us. Still not really impressed by this win all that talk of defense and we won with the 3.

Shame.
    Wah wah wah.. Wrong yet again.

You should be impressed and satisfied w the D tnite.

When we can get stops it takes the pressure off the guys on offense, hence the ease w which we've squeezed off accurate J's smh.. If we're not playing D our guys tend to feel more pressure on O, force shots, take shots out of rhythm, w bad ball movement. Notice the way the O flowed tnite.. The D was the catalyst. ;-)

Good to see they didnt put up triple figures! Defense brings offense. Solid all

around game

Superstar

And damn Toney D is turning into Mr BIG SHOT 2.0!!!

Good to see the words Damn and Ton(e)y side by side, being used in a positive manner for a change.

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Wah wah wah.. Wrong yet again.

You should be impressed and satisfied w the D tnite.

When we can get stops it takes the pressure off the guys on offense, hence the ease w which we've squeezed off accurate J's smh.. If we're not playing D our guys tend to feel more pressure on O, force shots, take shots out of rhythm, w bad ball movement. Notice the way the O flowed tnite.. The D was the catalyst. ;-)
    What D? And I at the way you took that rhyme personal!

They outrebounded us, shot 47% and scored nearly 100 points. The reason we won was the 3 ball falling (uh franchise record hello?) and not turning it over too much. Not many of those 3's were in transition so had no direct defense feeding into those 3's...

The Knicks D was not horrible tonight as it has been on some occasions, but it was no better than average either.

Awesome win and playing. Too bad we weren't more consistant and lost those to those crappy teams. I mean even if we split with those crappy teams i'd feel better. Lets savor this victory though. It was a good one

Default D'Antoni's game plan executed: Ball goes in basket from 3. Th

I'm gonna be the downer on this one.

Whether or not we're winning, (have now won) this team looks ****. A flash of movement here offensively, a blocked shot there defensively, there are highlights amidst the mess.

No matter how many times you hear Clyde say it's an 'offensive bonanza' ANY team in the league can get a win if they drop a butt load of treys.

The offence, to me, is so completely unrefined on the perimeter, that I just have to give it the:

I might even have to get out the 'Offensive Genius' thread again.

Defensively, in transition, we look like a pack of anuses. When there's a switch, I cringe! In tonight's game, though I've only watched the second half, all I'm seeing is penetration from the opposition. They're not taking perimeter shots because they're missing. On the occasions I've seen the baseline appropriately cut off or the lane closed, they've hit their outside shots because the rotation has been so blasť. Certainly not something we ca afford against teams like Orlando, Atlanta, Boston who have a reliable perimeter game.

On the perimeter, on switches, on ball movement rotation, our defence has more unguarded holes in it than a nunnery.

There have been sporadic signs of prowess defensively from individuals, but as a team our D is ****, and unless our treys are dropping, our offence is hovering around sub par.

If we hit 20 threes and the opposition hits 4 (and has an off night) and we win by 21, with a handful of close out consolation 3s in the waning 4th, that, to me, is still cause for concern.

I'm such a grinch that I can't enjoy this win, because it's a faux positive to me. A win's a win as they say, but seriously that was a bit of a retard fight.

On the 21st and 23rd we play Boston & Orlando. If we play defence like we did tonight and our three is off, we'll lose by 15-20 on each occasion.

On the other hand, I am happy for TD23. He's joined a lofty pair of names in Starks and Spree.