Grisles vs Knicks (3-17-11): Happy St. Madness?

Including tonight,How many wins will the Knicks get out of they're last 17 games?

• 14-3

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • 12-5

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • 10-7

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • 8-9

Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

smokes

Huge Member
Why do you insist on spelling 'wackness' wrong.. Get ya slang right dummy..

These schemes you speak of are..

The state of being wack -- A measure of the degree to which someone or something is wack. Alternatively, an exclamation indicating a high degree of wackness in the general surroundings.

I sense wackness emanating from these weak, low grade emcees

Your so-called schemes = WACKNESS = the opposite of dopeness sir..

"man instead of looking at all the dope things in your life you look at the wack. it's like, stop caring about the wackness"

Touche!

Anyway, Knicks dominate as expected. Another win against a team with a better record than us. Still not really impressed by this win all that talk of defense and we won with the 3.

Shame.

tiger0330

Legend
Crazy⑧s;168051 said:
Toney going tropical tonight. 8 3s!
I swear he's more important to the Knicks than Stat and Melo. Check the stats when he's making his shots the Knicks win when he doesn't the Knicks lose.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Touche!

Anyway, Knicks dominate as expected. Another win against a team with a better record than us. Still not really impressed by this win all that talk of defense and we won with the 3.

Shame.

Wah wah wah.. Wrong yet again.

You should be impressed and satisfied w the D tnite.

When we can get stops it takes the pressure off the guys on offense, hence the ease w which we've squeezed off accurate J's smh.. If we're not playing D our guys tend to feel more pressure on O, force shots, take shots out of rhythm, w bad ball movement. Notice the way the O flowed tnite.. The D was the catalyst. ;-)

smokes

Huge Member
Wah wah wah.. Wrong yet again.

You should be impressed and satisfied w the D tnite.

When we can get stops it takes the pressure off the guys on offense, hence the ease w which we've squeezed off accurate J's smh.. If we're not playing D our guys tend to feel more pressure on O, force shots, take shots out of rhythm, w bad ball movement. Notice the way the O flowed tnite.. The D was the catalyst. ;-)

What D? And I :lol: at the way you took that rhyme personal!

They outrebounded us, shot 47% and scored nearly 100 points. The reason we won was the 3 ball falling (uh franchise record hello?) and not turning it over too much. Not many of those 3's were in transition so had no direct defense feeding into those 3's...

The Knicks D was not horrible tonight as it has been on some occasions, but it was no better than average either.

petescud

Starter
Awesome win and playing. Too bad we weren't more consistant and lost those to those crappy teams. I mean even if we split with those crappy teams i'd feel better. Lets savor this victory though. It was a good one

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
D'Antoni's game plan executed: Ball goes in basket from 3. Th

I'm gonna be the downer on this one.

Whether or not we're winning, (have now won) this team looks shit. A flash of movement here offensively, a blocked shot there defensively, there are highlights amidst the mess.

No matter how many times you hear Clyde say it's an 'offensive bonanza' ANY team in the league can get a win if they drop a butt load of treys.

The offence, to me, is so completely unrefined on the perimeter, that I just have to give it the:

facepalm2.gif

I might even have to get out the 'Offensive Genius' thread again.

Defensively, in transition, we look like a pack of anuses. When there's a switch, I cringe:x! In tonight's game, though I've only watched the second half, all I'm seeing is penetration from the opposition. They're not taking perimeter shots because they're missing. On the occasions I've seen the baseline appropriately cut off or the lane closed, they've hit their outside shots because the rotation has been so blas?. Certainly not something we ca afford against teams like Orlando, Atlanta, Boston who have a reliable perimeter game.

On the perimeter, on switches, on ball movement rotation, our defence has more unguarded holes in it than a nunnery.

There have been sporadic signs of prowess defensively from individuals, but as a team our D is shit, and unless our treys are dropping, our offence is hovering around sub par.

If we hit 20 threes and the opposition hits 4 (and has an off night) and we win by 21, with a handful of close out consolation 3s in the waning 4th, that, to me, is still cause for concern.

I'm such a grinch that I can't enjoy this win, because it's a faux positive to me. A win's a win as they say, but seriously that was a bit of a retard fight.

On the 21st and 23rd we play Boston & Orlando. If we play defence like we did tonight and our three is off, we'll lose by 15-20 on each occasion.

On the other hand, I am happy for TD23. He's joined a lofty pair of names in Starks and Spree.:peace:

KingofNy

Starter
Great win tonight! All we had to do is set a team record hitting 20 3's to beat Memphis and break our losing streak. Now maybe we can follow that game-plan every night and no one will be able to beat us. Antoni is a genius! LOL :rolleyes:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
What D? And I :lol: at the way you took that rhyme personal!

They outrebounded us, shot 47% and scored nearly 100 points. The reason we won was the 3 ball falling (uh franchise record hello?) and not turning it over too much. Not many of those 3's were in transition so had no direct defense feeding into those 3's...

The Knicks D was not horrible tonight as it has been on some occasions, but it was no better than average either.

I thought our team D was ****ed!

smokes

Huge Member
Crazy⑧s;168070 said:
I'm gonna be the downer on this one.

Whether or not we're winning, (have now won) this team looks shit. A flash of movement here offensively, a blocked shot there defensively, there are highlights amidst the mess.

No matter how many times you hear Clyde say it's an 'offensive bonanza' ANY team in the league can get a win if they drop a butt load of treys.

The offence, to me, is so completely unrefined on the perimeter, that I just have to give it the:

facepalm2.gif

I might even have to get out the 'Offensive Genius' thread again.

Defensively, in transition, we look like a pack of anuses. When there's a switch, I cringe:x! In tonight's game, though I've only watched the second half, all I'm seeing is penetration from the opposition. They're not taking perimeter shots because they're missing. On the occasions I've seen the baseline appropriately cut off or the lane closed, they've hit their outside shots because the rotation has been so blas?. Certainly not something we ca afford against teams like Orlando, Atlanta, Boston who have a reliable perimeter game.

On the perimeter, on switches, on ball movement rotation, our defence has more unguarded holes in it than a nunnery.

There have been sporadic signs of prowess defensively from individuals, but as a team our D is shit, and unless our treys are dropping, our offence is hovering around sub par.

If we hit 20 threes and the opposition hits 4 (and has an off night) and we win by 21, with a handful of close out consolation 3s in the waning 4th, that, to me, is still cause for concern.

I'm such a grinch that I can't enjoy this win, because it's a faux positive to me. A win's a win as they say, but seriously that was a bit of a retard fight.

On the 21st and 23rd we play Boston & Orlando. If we play defence like we did tonight and our three is off, we'll lose by 15-20 on each occasion.

On the other hand, I am happy for TD23. He's joined a lofty pair of names in Starks and Spree.:peace:

Summed up nicely. And just because they weren't making their perimeter shots doesn't mean we defended well. They shot a ton of uncontested jumpers which just didn't fall.

Also I wonder why they only played Gasol for 26 minutes and Randolph for 29. Those two were causing us mad problems inside in the first.

I'm happy we got the win and really happy TD played so good, if he can get consistent he would be huge for us. But his comments postgame about how the Knicks great D won them the game I just hope they don't truly believe that. 120-99. That's all you need to say.

la2ny

Starter
Sup w the dragqueens in ur OP la2ny??

What have y'all turned this gamethread into??? I love hip hop and everything, but the above is just wackness.
Well I just used it for ST.P day otherwise I would've had Pinky,Lacey Duvalle, etc in there:beer:

And im more of a poet than a rapper:

Passing judgement on others
cause of different colors
what about mothers
and baby mothers
remember this though
we are all brothers
wars took lifes of the innocent
in a sense
we are all in it
World War 3
Internally
until eternity
come for me
it said dont run from me
but life was fun to me
til' fires my company
abundantly
your life, your debt, now pay your fee

KingofNy

Starter
Crazy⑧s;168073 said:
I thought our team D was ****ed!

+10000.....

But what do you really expect? Antoni doesn't think our defense is the problem. Our problems lied with our shooters not making 20 3's like they did tonight. What a crock...lol

Honestly, if we missed half of those 3-point attempts like we do on average we most likely would of lost this game. Our defense was terrible, our offense wasn't much better spacing wise and the only thing we did well was hit our shots. Our coach obviously learned nothing from that losing streak, I've never felt worse after a win.

+10000.....

But what do you really expect? Antoni doesn't think our defense is the problem. Our problems lied with our shooters not making 20 3's like they did tonight. What a crock...lol

Honestly, if we missed half of those 3-point attempts like we do on average we most likely would of lost this game. Our defense was terrible, our offense wasn't much better spacing wise and the only thing we did well was hit our shots. Our coach obviously learned nothing from that losing streak, I've never felt worse after a win.
I don't think D'antoni knows how to teach defense.

smokes

Huge Member
+10000.....

But that's what is SO frustrating! The announcers quoted Mike before the game talking about how their impetus was on defense tonight even if it negatively influenced their offense. I really didn't see that at all.

Sure the team played average D, but the effort simply was not there a lot of the time. Stat let that kid get off 3-4 wide open free throw line jumpers because he didn't bother to step out. We gave up a load of points in transition because we were camping out for the OFFENSIVE rebound and didn't get back quick enough. We got away with the lack of defensive effort today by gambling in the passing lanes and Memphis missing a lot of wide open shots.

That's why this win was bittersweet (to quote Walt Clyde Frazier).