Grisles vs Knicks (3-17-11): Happy St. Madness?

Including tonight,How many wins will the Knicks get out of they're last 17 games?

• 14-3

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • 12-5

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • 10-7

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • 8-9

Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

la2ny

Starter
la2ny.jpg

Presents: Happy St. Madness?
Untitled-1-5.png

(34-32)
VS
logo_memphisgrizzlies.gif

(37-31)
March 17th 2011
7:30p.m. EST
New York,New York
World's Most inFamous Arena:cool:

l_6bb1ab4b762ded7e1f626843b21b7a1c.jpg

Music For 2day

lineup.png

Chauncey Billups
Landry Fields
Carmelo Anthony
Amare Stoudemire
Jared Jeffries

Mike Conley
Sam Young
Tony Allen
Zach Randolph
Marc Gasol

Game Preview:
Carmelo Anthony(notes) hit his first game-winning shot for the New York Knicks last week against the Memphis Grizzlies. That game, however, marked the start of some major defensive struggles for New York.
The Knicks have lost three straight since that victory heading into Thursday night?s rematch with the Grizzlies at Madison Square Garden.
Anthony made a 19-foot jumper over Tony Allen(notes) with 0.5 seconds left to lift New York (34-32) to a 110-108 victory at Memphis (37-31) last Wednesday. The All-Star forward scored 31 points as the Knicks blew a 17-point lead before holding on.
The victory may have masked a poor defensive effort, with the Grizzlies shooting 53.7 percent and outscoring the Knicks 33-4 at the foul line. New York has now allowed four straight opponents to shoot over 50 percent for the first time since the final four games of last season.
The Knicks let Indiana shoot 52.3 percent Tuesday in their second loss in three days to the Pacers, 119-117.
New York has allowed an average of 117.3 points during its three-game skid.
?We know we got to get it going, some kind of way,? forward Shawne Williams(notes) said. ?I feel like we all got to take a good look in the mirror and redefine ourselves. We got to take more pride in defense.?
However, the Knicks did rally from a 15-point deficit to take a late lead Tuesday after losing its previous two games by an average of 15.5 points.
?I thought the effort was better for us tonight than the last two losses that we had,? point guard Chauncey Billups(notes) said. ?So it?s a process, it?s a process. We just have to get over that hump.?
The Knicks are in a tight race with Philadelphia for the No. 6 seed in the Eastern Conference, although a playoff spot appears secure. That?s not the case for Memphis despite its better record.
The Grizzlies are in eighth place in the Western Conference as they try to hold off Phoenix, Utah and Houston for a postseason berth. Memphis avoided a third straight loss with Monday?s 105-82 rout of the Clippers.
?As you?re battling down the stretch here, you don?t want four- or five-game losing streaks,? coach Lionel Hollins said. ?I thought our defense was solid in the early part of the game.?
Memphis led by as many as 31 points and bounced back from its worst loss, 118-85 at Miami on Saturday.
?I thought we did a great job of playing with energy and coming out here and just competing,? guard Greivis Vasquez(notes) said. ?We got this win and we needed it since we lost against Miami the way we lost.?
Zach Randolph(notes) had 30 points and 12 rebounds in the victory, and he?s excelled against the Knicks since they traded him to the Clippers early in 2008-09. He?s averaged 26.0 points and 13.6 rebounds in his last five games against New York.
The power forward should match up at times against Amare Stoudemire(notes), who is averaging 29.2 points over his last seven games. Stoudemire had 26 points in last week?s win over Memphis.
Billups did not play in that game due to a bruised left thigh but has started the last two, missing all 11 of his 3-point attempts.
-Yahoo!

Knick Killer Of The Night:

untitled-2.jpg

nba-2k11-logo.jpg

Player 2 Watch
prev3-9.jpg

PG/SG-Do What Toney Douglas Do aka DWTDD

IF he doesn't lead the 2nd unit and be able to hit shots our bench will look like crap and we will lose. That simple:cool:

Check This Out:
The Knicks seem to struggle most against teams with losing records. Of their six losses since the trade, four have come against two teams with losing records: they have lost twice to the Cleveland Cavaliers and were swept in a home-and-home series against the Indiana Pacers.

Prediction:
NYK Wins 107-115

Knick Quote Of The Night:
"I definitely wanted to try."
?Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony, on not getting the ball on the inbounds pass with 0.3 seconds left in regulation, which was just enough time allowed by NBA rules for a catch-and-shoot situation.

Funny Pic Of The Day:
SI_03032008074334_medium.jpg

or MSG!!!!

Sorry This took so long. Im watching 4 channels at once lol. I love March Madness! There has been 3 game winners within the last hour! lol.
Also check my 2nd mix. Has some Knicks love in it!

Last edited:

KingCharles34

All Star
Knicks about to style on this grizzlies

Scores gonna be 110 to something in the sixties

Those irish b*tches got nice titties

In America theres many great cities

But none come close to new york

Oppenents get smoked like newports

We traded Nate (Why?) cause hes too short

run and gun like we play on two courts
:gony:

smokes

Huge Member
Knicks about to style on this grizzlies

Scores gonna be 110 to something in the sixties

Those irish b*tches got nice titties

In America theres many great cities

But none come close to new york

Oppenents get smoked like newports

We traded Nate (Why?) cause hes too short

run and gun like we play on two courts
:gony:

Word up my pimp KingStarbury

You got the lyrical swag of a bad man MC

But your idol is one big fat crazy

Now we got one ice cold PG

The grizz were whack til this year

Tonight they gonna shed lots of tears

Stats swag fills them with fear

Knicks 110 Grizz 90 - CHEA

KingCharles34

All Star
lol that was nice but how is Starbury obese?

He eats vaseline but eatin alot junkfood aint part of his steez

Marc Gasol will be like sign me please

After he gets posterized by Stat the beast

*edit*

I will rhyme everytime i post in this thread

Now im gonna take this hit and let the smoke fill my head

smokes

Huge Member
i didn't mean fat in a literal sense

crackheaded marbury is incredibly dense

but hey that's just my 2 cents

lets go play some fcking defense

la2ny

Starter
Wth is goin on in here, Whats the deal

All this rappin ish yall on need 2 chill

kick ya feet up an flick to msg

watch melo amare and chauncey

score alot of points but plays no d

hopefully shit change when we get a new coach an cp3

smokes

Huge Member
yo, you straight outta compton G

i can tell from your lyrical personality

but homie you know i speak the truth

grizz gettin smashed up like tollbooth

KingCharles34

All Star
i didn't mean fat in a literal sense

crackheaded marbury is incredibly dense

but hey that's just my 2 cents

lets go play some fcking defense

mean things are said and feelings get hurt

i think tomorrow i might call outta work :(

Wth is goin on in here, Whats the deal

All this rappin ish yall on need 2 chill

kick ya feet up an flick to msg

watch melo amare and chauncey

score alot of points but plays no d

hopefully shit change when we get a new coach an cp3

:lol: funny but real talk

Antoni talkin defense...but lets see him walk the walk

either that or get outlined with chalk

on to the next one

van gundy can got the job done

if i see hansboro in the streets i think im gonna rob son

a fan of nas but he aint really gods son

KingCharles34

All Star
Douglas was like fukk this, we hittin buckets i love this :gony:

Stoudemire!!!! The man thats never outta fire!!!

At least on offense, but not on defense

I'm rich so thats my three cents

Melos already got fifteen

I dont hit teens cuz that will get you behind bars and turned to a Christine

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Sup w the dragqueens in ur OP la2ny??

What have y'all turned this gamethread into??? I love hip hop and everything, but the above is just wackness.
On the game.. The defensive focus in practice seems to have payed dividends so far. We'll see how the rest of the game goes. If we continue to play like this we should have a W. Hopefully the MDA haterz will shut the fack up atleast until the next loss smh..

Melo is so impressive to me. I don't know if he's more conducive to the system or the other way around. The spacing is just so good for him and his skills own w/in the framework. It's great to see a player of his caliber on the wing in the halfcourt of this offense. Mike D's never had a player like him on the wing and I always wondered how it'd look.

Just a few thoughts so far...

smokes

Huge Member
What have y'all turned this gamethread into??? I love hip hop and everything, but the above is just wackness.

Son, you don't even know what whack means...

Whack is like your shirt, shoes and skinny jeans...

Don't even try to compete with my schemes...

Now I'm gonna go light up these greens :smokin:

iSaYughh

Starter
^^ haha. More reason to let Billups go and let the bigs reign. :afro:

Barring we can sign Mr. Bigshot to a prime new contract pre-CBA, per Mr. Smokes' sage analysis.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Son, you don't even know what whack means...

Whack is like your shirt, shoes and skinny jeans...

Don't even try to compete with my schemes...

Now I'm gonna go light up these greens :smokin:

Why do you insist on spelling 'wackness' wrong.. Get ya slang right dummy..

These schemes you speak of are..

The state of being wack -- A measure of the degree to which someone or something is wack. Alternatively, an exclamation indicating a high degree of wackness in the general surroundings.

I sense wackness emanating from these weak, low grade emcees

Your so-called schemes = WACKNESS = the opposite of dopeness sir..

"man instead of looking at all the dope things in your life you look at the wack. it's like, stop caring about the wackness"