Would u be ok with missing the playoffs if that was the only way MDA would be fired?

knicksin60

Starter
First I like to mention that this is a thread for those people who want Mike D'antoni gone.This is not a thread for D'antoni defenders to give 101 reasons why he should keep his job as the coach of the NY Knicks.

There is no doubt that the Knicks aren't going to win a championship with him coaching them nor will they ever become an elite team.His flaws as a head coach have been evident for the past 3 seasons and in order for the Knicks as an team to take a step forward in the right direction they need to get rid of him and hire a coach who can at least teach them the value of playing defense.

Since there is a great chance that D'antoni will be coaching this team next season if they make the playoffs, and since the Knicks will continue to be a mediocre sub five hundred team that only cares about offense, would you want the Knicks to miss the playoffs this year if it was the only way for D'antoni to be given the door?

I know it seems bizarre for any fan to hope that his team misses the playoffs but I'd rather see the Knicks miss the playoffs one time if it could lead them out of mediocrity in the long term.Not that it is a guarantee that the Knicks will all of a sudden become an elite team with a new coach.But if the Knicks go another season with Mike D'antoni, it could delay them another year of becoming a championship team.

smokes

Huge Member
Personally I think getting our team some playoff experience is more important than tanking the playoffs just to get rid of Mike.

Wargames

Starter
see your putting words in my mouth missing the playoffs this year doesn't guarantee D'antoni is fired or that the knicks get a championship in the future. All wishing for that guarantees is that we don't make the playoffs this year with 2 stars on the roster because you want a new coach....

KingCharles34

All Star
one-star_design.png

jpz17

Starter
can we combine all anti-d'antoni crap into one thread so I can ignore it easier? there seems to be only anti D'Antoni crap and no more basketball discussion

MusketeerX

Rotation player
Honestly, I think this is a legitimate question. Many people feel that MDA is not going to bring us to the finals (even outside this board), and I've read web articles regarding this very issue.

I know people think, "who would want our team to miss the playoffs," but the truth is there are some fans out there who do.

IMO, you have to say no. I think this question presupposes that MDA won't get fired if we don't make the playoffs. The fact of the matter is that MDA can make the playoffs, but because of poor performance in the playoff still be fired.

If he can get us to the second round, then I say he deserves another shot, because I can assure you that we will not make it past the second round without playing some defense.

As it stands now, we will not get out of the first round. Our defense is too atrocious. If we get swept, I think you will see him fired during the off season, or in the very least be forced to take on a defensive assistant coach.

If he can get us past the first round, then he is definitely do something right... helping our team play D. I would rather be wrong about MDA a thousand times and have everyone lambaste me on this board, just so long as we reach the finals.

I understand people's frustration with MDA. I may one of the top five on this board, in that respect. But, no one should wish bad upon their team. I can recognize when "bad" is already happening, but no one should actually hope for it.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
D'Antoni is not getting fired this year no matter what happens. You would have to root for us to not make the playoffs both this year and next year for that to happen.

knicksin60

Starter
Do you really believe that??

Your just saving face son..

I don't have anything to save.My reputation on these forums isn't as important to me as it is to others.I created a thread asking a question to start a discussion.You posted in my thread, contributed nothing to the original discussion and so I sarcastically responded to your post.