Would u be ok with missing the playoffs if that was the only way MDA would be fired?

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Why are you guys jumping all over the O P? This is a Knick team that hasnt made the playoffs since ma left pa. Its pretty much agreed that MDA and his style wont win you a chip. What should be the goal here? Getting playoff experience for our young guys or putting together a coaching staff that is capable of winning a ring? Not one but possibly multiple rings. The options given in the OP should lead any Knick fan to choose whats best for the team. An early exit this year as opposed to the possibility of winning multiple chips? I mean really is there truly a decision to be made here?

Its cute how you setup these false choices and then debate from your own made up standpoint. :thumbsup:

As much as i dislike D'antoni, i agree that playoff experience will be great for our young players Fields,Douglas,etc.

We need to keep trying to win and hopefully Donnie Walsh can realize himself that MDA isn't the right coach for us, but until then we need to at least try to get to get better and get to the second round of the playoffs.

pat

Starter
Threads like these are the reason why I am not around here more. Gosh why are you hating him so much? And by now we all got the picture. We kno that you hate our coach. Which message other than "I hate MDA" does this thread communicate?

At the beginning of the year many said "if he doesn't make the playoffs he has to go." Now he is delivering -- although there havew been some rough streches. As far as I can see this is not unusual with both, a very youg team (before the trade) and after a roster shake up.

No you have the nerves to ask "Is ist okay if we miss the playoffs, so that MDA has to go because he stinks"? Gimme a break.

All in all the discussion went from "he has to go if we miss the playoffs" to "We have to miss the playoffs so that we can fire him." This clearly indicates a profound degree of biasedness.

This:

and

Well I think the OP said this thread was for MDA haters. So I figured we all agreed that we cant win a chip with this coach. Didnt know you were on the opposite side. What has MDA done in his coaching career that leads you to believe that a ring is in his near future?

I'll be the first to tell you that the Knicks have the talent right now to possibly get to the finals. They just dont have the scheme.

knicksin60

Starter
Well I think the OP said this thread was for MDA haters. So I figured we all agreed that we cant win a chip with this coach. Didnt know you were on the opposite side. What has MDA done in his coaching career that leads you to believe that a ring is in his near future?

I'll be the first to tell you that the Knicks have the talent right now to possibly get to the finals. They just dont have the scheme.

Don't waste your time trying to combat MDPD officers.They quickly get led by their emotions and turn a regular thread into a debate defending their beloved shepherd.Warning them not to do it is like telling a toddler not to place his fingers inside of a wall socket.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Of course you are going to side with someone who agrees with your stance on the coach of the Knicks.I don't have time to debate with posters who refuse to change their opinions because they've held on to them for so long.

I already said another coach would best be suited for our roster now that we traded for Melo. So no, I am only speaking about the idiotic nature of a position that would have our team lose out on a chance to make a surprise run and gain valuable playoff experience just because you hate our coach.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Don't waste your time trying to combat MDPD officers.They quickly get led by their emotions and turn a regular thread into a debate defending their beloved shepherd.Warning them not to do it is like telling a toddler not to place his fingers inside of a wall socket.

MDPD...cute but an obvious hallow deflection from your idiotic fake fan exposing thread.

knicksin60

Starter
I already said another coach would best be suited for our roster now that we traded for Melo. So no, I am only speaking about the idiotic nature of a position that would have our team lose out on a chance to make a surprise run and gain valuable playoff experience just because you hate our coach.

A surprise run is a pie in the sky delusion.The Knicks can't even play defense against the Cavs and the Pacers, what makes you think they're going to start playing defense against the Bulls, Celtics or Heat in the playoffs?

knicksin60

Starter
MDPD...cute but an obvious hallow deflection from your idiotic fake fan exposing thread.

The only thing that is being exposed is your sophomoric attitude towards posters who you don't agree with.You are the rated PG version of that poster who you always use to get into personal battles with except without the ghetto persona and less flagrant.

The Knicks making the playoffs and getting eliminated out of the first round is not impressive at all.I don't care if the Knicks have gone 20 years without reaching the playoffs, wanting your team to make the playoffs just so you can celebrate them ending a playoff drought is pathetic.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
A surprise run is a pie in the sky delusion.The Knicks can't even play defense against the Cavs and the Pacers, what makes you think they're going to start playing defense against the Bulls, Celtics or Heat in the playoffs?

Because we have the talent to do so. 1999 was a pie in the sky until it wasn't. That said, playoff experience and taking that next step in the direction of a title regardless of the what happens in the playoffs is very important.

knicksin60

Starter
Because we have the talent to do so. 1999 was a pie in the sky until it wasn't. That said, playoff experience and taking that next step in the direction of a title regardless of the what happens in the playoffs is very important.

Comparing a team that was led by a defensive minded coach in a much weaker Eastern conference during a 50 game season to the situation that the Knicks are in now is frivolous.Having a few games of playoff experience is irrelevant, especially when your team is led by 3 stars who have more playoff experience than most of the players in the Eastern conference.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
The only thing that is being exposed is your sophomoric attitude towards posters who you don't agree with.You are the rated PG version of that poster who you always use to get into personal battles with except without the ghetto persona and less flagrant.

The Knicks making the playoffs and getting eliminated out of the first round is not impressive at all.I don't care if the Knicks have gone 20 years without reaching the playoffs.Wanting your team to make the playoffs just so you can celebrate them ending a playoff drought is pathetic.

You create a thread where you advocate the team you claim to be a fan of losing out on the playoffs (which pretty much means losing every game from here on) in order to oust a coach you hate...and I'm sophomoric!? :teeth: If I am sophomoric than one must conclude you are embryonic...

What was exposed is that you care more about your bias and hatred of our coach than our team wining.

D'ant may now not be the best coach suited to coach this current roster as his system does not play into our strengths but this man deserves anything but your hostility and hatred. He took this job knowing his win/loss record and reputation would take a hit because he knew that Walsh planned to purge the roster of salary over his first two years. D'ant would have gotten paid no matter where he went (Chicago was fawning over him) so don't even try to make it about his money.

Now in his FIRST YEAR after 2 years of cap shedding/rebuilding hell he has us in the 6th seed! He has done this with two rookies and the 2nd youngest team for the majority of the year. He has done this with multiple injuries and players like Curry hoarding 14mil of our roster contributing ZERO. Now once again the flow and chemistry was disrupted with a major trade making him have to start from square one and the man is expected to have us looking like contenders with a brand new core? 18 games in March! 18! Very little time to practice...After all of this we STILL have a WINNING record!

So you can ignore all those facts and wish our team collapses just so you can vidicate your position but I will side 100% of the time with the Knicks and allow you to side with losing and some undetermined coach you think is our savior...:thumbsup:

Last edited:

MusketeerX

Rotation player
You create a thread where you advocate the team you claim to be a fan of losing out on the playoffs (which pretty much means losing every game from here on) in order to oust a coach you hate...and I'm sophomoric!? :teeth: If I am sophomoric than one must conclude you are embryonic...

What was exposed is that you care more about your bias and hatred of our coach than our team wining.

D'ant may now not be the best coach suited to coach this current roster as his system does not play into our strengths but this man deserves anything but your hostility and hatred. He took this job knowing his win/loss record and reputation would take a hit because he knew that Walsh planned to purge the roster of salary over his first two years. D'ant would have gotten paid no matter where he went (Chicago was fawning over him) so don't even try to make it about his money.

Now in his FIRST YEAR after 2 years of cap shedding/rebuilding hell he has us in the 6th seed! He has done this with two rookies and the 2nd youngest team for the majority of the year. He has done this with multiple injuries and players like Curry hoarding 14mil of our roster contributing ZERO. Now once again the flow and chemistry was disrupted with a major trade making him have to start from square one and the man is expected to have us looking like contenders with a brand new core. 18 games in arch! 18! Very little time to practice...After all of this we STILL have a WINNING record!

So you can ignore all those facts and wish our team collapses just so you can vidicate your position but I will side 100% of the time with the Knicks and allow you to side with losing and some undetermined coach you think is our savior...:thumbsup:

Trill, I'm on your side on this one. You don't root for your team to fail; but, what injures??? Azibukie? Galli having two weeks off? Chandler with two weeks off?

The Bulls... they've had injuries. Noah and Boozer can't stand to be on the court with one another for more than a minute before getting injured. Memphis losing their star player for two months is an injury.

And, to say he did it with "two Rookies," when one of those rookies is a ROY contender, and the other played for maybe 50% of the time he was a Knick isn't necessarily fair.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Comparing a team that was led by a defensive minded coach in a much weaker Eastern conference during a 50 game season to the situation that the Knicks are in now is frivolous.Having a few games of playoff experience is irrelevant, especially when your team is led by 3 stars who have more playoff experience than most of the players in the Eastern conference.

Your dismissal is the only thing frivolous. My point had nothing to do with coaches or styles and everything to do with expectations and talent. Nice try though.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Trill, I'm on your side on this one. You don't root for your team to fail; but, what injures??? Azibukie? Galli having two weeks off? Chandler with two weeks off?

The Bulls... they've had injuries. Noah and Boozer can't stand to be on the court with one another for more than a minute before getting injured. Memphis losing their star player for two months is an injury.

And, to say he did it with "two Rookies," when one of those rookies is a ROY contender, and the other played for maybe 50% of the time he was a Knick isn't necessarily fair.

Azubuikie, Turiaf and random injuries along the way. Those were our two best defenders. Add in Curry and his 14 million dollars sitting on the sideline and it's clear D'ant had very little to work with. A PF playing center, a SF playing PF and another SF playing SG.

As to Fields, no he is not ROY candidate as Griffan is the clear winner but he has played great. Is that not a testament to D'ant and his development of a second rounder? Mozgov was an undrafted rookie who started and ended his tenure as our only true center and starter.

Please stop with the Bulls comparison. There team is much deeper and well rounded and for the most part have played together including in the playoffs. Yes Boozer and Noah each had injuries but they have a top 4 PG who is a true MVP candidate (no Amare is not) and actual competent players playing IN THEIR NATURAL POSITIONS from 1-5.

knicksin60

Starter

Now in his FIRST YEAR after 2 years of cap shedding/rebuilding hell he has us in the 6th seed! He has done this with two rookies and the 2nd youngest team for the majority of the year. He has done this with multiple injuries and players like Curry hoarding 14mil of our roster contributing ZERO. Now once again the flow and chemistry was disrupted with a major trade making him have to start from square one and the man is expected to have us looking like contenders with a brand new core. 18 games in arch! 18! Very little time to practice...After all of this we STILL have a WINNING record!

Another D'antoni apology coming from you! I knew you were going to try and find all the positive things that you could find in D'antoni in order to make me seem like I am just trying to attack the man for the sake of doing so.

You ever heard of sacrificing something for a greater good? I have stated several times on this thread that if the firing of D'antoni would lead to the Knicks becoming better in the long term I would be all for them missing the playoffs.

If D'antoni is such a terrific coach for making the Knicks a sixth seeded team with two of the top 10 superstars in the NBA then Doug Collins and Frank Vogel must be on the same level as Red Auerbach and Pat Riley for coaching less talented rosters with no superstars to being only a few games behind the Knicks in the standings.

Expecting the Knicks to turn it on in the playoffs because you some how believe that they need another month to gel, even though they are one of the worst defensive teams in the NBA and can't beat terrible teams, is wishful thinking at its best.