Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Friday Night Knicks: Knicks vs Pistons

Why the Hell was Landry not playing in the fourth?

This just goes to show you what happens when Melo and co. aren't motivated against a playoff team, now I fully expect them to stomp the Hawks

Superstar

I think it becomes relatively evident who wants to play and who doesn;t from the first 24 minutes of play. The coach is better off benching the slackers even if their name is Carmelo Anthony. Knicks weren't playing against anyone decent. Derrick Brown could have done a better job tonight. Work rate alone could beat the Pistons regardless of talent. Only the Knicks...

Banned
    FLorida. Thank god for the NBA league pass & MSG network.

Oh well, we're losing close games against bad teams but you have to learn how to lose as a team... Before you know how to win as one.

It's all a learning process but we're 6-2 against winning teams since the trade. We'll be ready to compete during the playoffs.

We lost by 4 on a night where Carmelo was off big time & Billups was forcing turnovers like crazy. That won't happen often. Not the end of the world. Gonna make love to my wifey & put this one behind me.

Melo had a horrible night, but everybody in the game at the end gave up the game!

STAT should of got a touch as well, but Melo and his 6 points werent the worse part.

The pistons went on a 19-5 run in the 4th. 19-5!!!

Im sorry but the starters should of been in the game to close out. 13 Turnovers between billups and stat. 8 of them billups' Thats BS!

11 freethrows shows we shot WAYY to many jumpers, and it wasnt TD shooting them. Something gotta give, this gotta stop!

Lol I cant believe you really believe we'd have a better chance against Orlando. Their biggest strengths are our biggest weaknesses lol. A true dominant big and a quick PG, throw in we suck at defending the 3 and that series would be over in a heartbeat. I'd rather take my chances with Miami who has similar flaws to what we have. Also no one says it, but I'd even take on Boston if we lose the 6th seed. It wouldn't be as bad as people think. Our style of play is the opposite of what Boston wants to do, Uptempo, all over the place just rag tag street game. Throw in a little effort on D and we can scare them maybe even 07 Warriors them. I know some of you think im crazy but really think about it.

PG Matchup
    Billups has a problem w/ quicker guards obviously because he's older. Now whats Rondo's weakness? His jumpshot, so how do great teams play him? SAG OFF which prevents Chauncey having to chase him. If he wants to pop jumpers I can live w/ that over Ray Allen and PP.

SG Matchup
    Landry would have to chase Ray through screens all night long which tires you, but we really wouldn't need much O if he can slow Ray down and make it a little tougher.

SF Matchup
    Think this will be good? Ok, against Miami Melo showed the ability. Imagine him doing it everynight because its PP vs being Hedo Turkgolu lol. He would force Pierce to have to D up, plus Melo is very physical so PP will use alot of energy defending which takes away from his scoring.

PF Matchup
    KG has him on D, Amare has him on O so who do you take? Sometimes better O can defeat better D, but only in certain matchups. The way Amare plays can cause problems. Imagine him getting 2 early fouls on KG....Yeah I know then they'd bring in Big Baby or Jeff Green and we'd kill them.

C Matchup
    We will always lose this matchup unless it's Houston....well we'd probably still lose. Anyways, Jared will be sufficient on D against the likes of Krystic,Shaq, and Jermaine O'neal? Really lol. Shaq can be a matchup nightmare for us at the same time he can be a liabilty for them. Throw him in a pick and roll and watch the problems he has. He's never been good at covering it. He's slow...lets just be real, we run and gun which is the exact opposite of the 39 year old Shaq. We can run him into the dirt. Nenad is a pick and pop C which is best for us because the more outside of the paint you are the less we look like crap on the interior.

Benches
    We could have the advantage some nights, they can have it some nights, but I think they have the most consistent players that don't contribute as much if that makes sense. Delonte,Jeff,Glen,Nenad after that they have a pretty thin bench. We have Toney Douglas who we know if he gets hot look out, Roger Mason who can get hot, AC with his knack for D, Bill Walker who would be motivated to take out his former team, Shawne Williams can be a matchup problem for them because he spreads the floor, and Ronny can inject us with his energy.

Anyways, the point im making is Orlando having Dwight Howard, and a quick PG, and a ****load of shooters will take our weaknesses and make us look like a D.3 school vs Duke.
    Last edited by la2ny; Mar 18, 2011 at 21:23.

I've said it a million times but nobody believed me....Melo is the most overrated "superstar" I've ever seen. I live in Colorado and have followed Melo many years. This kind of game is not surprising to me and should not be surprising to any of you.

2-12, 0-2 from 3-pt for 6 points against the Pistons speaks for itself. SMH.

And now the trade haters, Melo haters, D'antoni haters, and just plain downers will come out of nowhere flying off the manhandle. smh

You guys act like people don't have bad games wtf. Amar'e has had a ****load of em before the trade and you all bitched about how he wasn't worth 100M now your doing it with Melo when just LAST NIGHT he had like 28 points . smh. Chauncey will take time to get back into a better flow with his game hell he has had even less time with this team since he was injured. I swear you guys expect the bball gods to just tell this team overnight DOMINATE THAT IS ALL. We knew this was going to happen before it went down. We sucked against sucky teams before, we suck against them now. Why? NO MOTIVATION.! We lost big leads before, we lose them now. WHY? Because our style of play causes it! We take too many jumpers which lead to quick baskets on the other end and we increase the # of possesions which leads to more comebacks than not if our shots aren't like last night! Jesus some of you guys just shouldn't be fans...

Sorry, but real fans call it as they see it. AT least thats my opinion. I don't mind losing to The Heat, Lakers, Spurs etc...But at least beat the teams you need to beat to compete, such as Pistons, Cavs, Bucks, Raptors, Wizards etc

Banned
    FLorida. Thank god for the NBA league pass & MSG network.

Yeah... I agree la2ny. Excellent post.

Bashing Melo because of a bad game & wanting Chandler & Gallo over Melo? Sad. They can laugh all they like about his 6 pt struggle tonight but that still doesn't change the fact that he led DEN to the playoffs during his first 7 seasons in the league, inside an extremely tough Westen Conf, while averaging well over 20 pts per game during each & every season.

Too many Knick fans have that New York Yankees type of mentality; (love you when your up, kick you when your down & run you out of town before you've had a chance.)

which is honestly pathetic. Some of these MDA haters should just stop watching the Knicks & root for them once they fire MDA (if that ever happens). Maybe then, just maybe they could then enjoy the Knicks for what we are; which is a team heading to the platoffs for the 1st time since 04 under MDA & yes, I said it... Under MDA.

Originally Posted by KnicksFanFromQueens1985
    Yeah... I agree la2ny. Excellent post.

Bashing Melo because of a bad game & wanting Chandler & Gallo over Melo? Sad. They can laugh all they like about his 6 pt struggle tonight but that still doesn't change the fact that he led DEN to the playoffs during his first 7 seasons in the league, inside an extremely tough Westen Conf, while averaging well over 20 pts per game during each & every season.

Too many Knick fans have that New York Yankees type of mentality; (love you when your up, kick you when your down & run you out of town before you've had a chance.)

which is honestly pathetic. Some of these MDA haters should just stop watching the Knicks & root for them once they fire MDA (if that ever happens). Maybe then, just maybe they could then enjoy the Knicks for what we are; which is a team heading to the platoffs for the 1st time since 04 under MDA & yes, I said it... Under MDA.
    We should be happy just because we're ending a playoff drought?

We aren't "haters" we just know that we can never win a championship with D'antoni, D'antoni can only get you to the playofffs but to get to at least the ECF you need to play defense.

We don't want to just go to playoffs every year and get eliminated just to be the Atlanta Hawks 2.0

Every time in the post game the media asks him "What do you think was wrong tonight?" he goes "We just weren't knocking down shots". This guy is an absolute retard and does not care about defense.

Veteran

Originally Posted by la2ny
    And now the trade haters, Melo haters, D'antoni haters, and just plain downers will come out of nowhere flying off the manhandle. smh

You guys act like people don't have bad games wtf. Amar'e has had a ****load of em before the trade and you all bitched about how he wasn't worth 100M now your doing it with Melo when just LAST NIGHT he had like 28 points . smh. Chauncey will take time to get back into a better flow with his game hell he has had even less time with this team since he was injured. I swear you guys expect the bball gods to just tell this team overnight DOMINATE THAT IS ALL. We knew this was going to happen before it went down. We sucked against sucky teams before, we suck against them now. Why? NO MOTIVATION.! We lost big leads before, we lose them now. WHY? Because our style of play causes it! We take too many jumpers which lead to quick baskets on the other end and we increase the # of possesions which leads to more comebacks than not if our shots aren't like last night! Jesus some of you guys just shouldn't be fans...
    You're speaking some truth in this thread broheem.

Anyways, just some perspective:

Hansborough went off for an efficient 29 and 10+ boards against CHI (who lost).

And Chandler and Gallo combined for a ruthlessly efficient 37 with a bunch of steals and blocks.

Look at the positive...We didn't give up 100 lol

Listen we now know what it's like to be a Lakers Fan

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    You're speaking some truth in this thread broheem.

Anyways, just some perspective:

Hansborough went off for an efficient 29 and 10+ boards against CHI (who lost).

And Chandler and Gallo combined for a ruthlessly efficient 37 with a bunch of steals and blocks.
    From what you just said I get these 2 things

Pshyco T is finally getting a chance and is using it to the fullest and Chicago had a letdown as all teams do.

Gallo and Will pretty much did what Chauncey and Melo could do on a fairly good day. Denver lost btw lol.

Veteran

Originally Posted by la2ny
    From what you just said I get these 2 things

Pshyco T is finally getting a chance and is using it to the fullest and Chicago had a letdown as all teams do.

Gallo and Will pretty much did what Chauncey and Melo could do on a fairly good day. Denver lost btw lol.
    Psycho T has been beasting more and more all season, as it's gone on. His game vs us wasn't out of the blue. And shouldn't have been so "shocking". Nor his recent one to CHI...

Re: Gallo and Chandler, ya perhaps. But perhaps more apprapo to follow their successes in games than Randoloph's games for the Wounded Wolves.

(will say, not sure Gallo's 3-7, 1-3 three pt, 10-11 from the line, block n steao in 25min is that routine a thing)

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Re: Gallo and Chandler, ya perhaps. But perhaps more apprapo to follow their successes in games than Randoloph's games for the Wounded Wolves.
    More appropriate because you feel that way? Gallo got more than a fair share to prove himself with the Knicks. He'll do OK. AR on the other hand IMHO was benched for no reason. No real coaching reason.

I'm now wondering what it is about Sheldon that MDA dislikes. I mean he was getting approximately 17 min a night in Denver. Has a rep as a pretty good lane clogger and rebounder. I wish he was in the game tonight when Wilcox was beasting on us. Maybe he gets a body on Wilcox and prevents him from the game winning put back dunk. Heck he could have fouled him the guy made 3-8/9?

But hey what do I know...