Friday Night Knicks: Knicks vs Pistons

iSaYughh

Starter
And now the trade haters, Melo haters, D'antoni haters, and just plain downers will come out of nowhere flying off the manhandle. smh

You guys act like people don't have bad games wtf. Amar'e has had a shitload of em before the trade and you all bitched about how he wasn't worth 100M now your doing it with Melo when just LAST NIGHT he had like 28 points . smh. Chauncey will take time to get back into a better flow with his game hell he has had even less time with this team since he was injured. I swear you guys expect the bball gods to just tell this team overnight DOMINATE THAT IS ALL. We knew this was going to happen before it went down. We sucked against sucky teams before, we suck against them now. Why? NO MOTIVATION.! We lost big leads before, we lose them now. WHY? Because our style of play causes it! We take too many jumpers which lead to quick baskets on the other end and we increase the # of possesions which leads to more comebacks than not if our shots aren't like last night! Jesus some of you guys just shouldn't be fans...

You're speaking some truth in this thread broheem. :afro:

Anyways, just some perspective:

Hansborough went off for an efficient 29 and 10+ boards against CHI (who lost).

And Chandler and Gallo combined for a ruthlessly efficient 37 with a bunch of steals and blocks.

la2ny

Starter
Look at the positive...We didn't give up 100 lol

Listen we now know what it's like to be a Lakers Fan:thumbsup:

la2ny

Starter
You're speaking some truth in this thread broheem. :afro:

Anyways, just some perspective:

Hansborough went off for an efficient 29 and 10+ boards against CHI (who lost).

And Chandler and Gallo combined for a ruthlessly efficient 37 with a bunch of steals and blocks.
From what you just said I get these 2 things

Pshyco T is finally getting a chance and is using it to the fullest and Chicago had a letdown as all teams do.

Gallo and Will pretty much did what Chauncey and Melo could do on a fairly good day. Denver lost btw lol.

iSaYughh

Starter
From what you just said I get these 2 things

Pshyco T is finally getting a chance and is using it to the fullest and Chicago had a letdown as all teams do.

Gallo and Will pretty much did what Chauncey and Melo could do on a fairly good day. Denver lost btw lol.

Psycho T has been beasting more and more all season, as it's gone on. His game vs us wasn't out of the blue. And shouldn't have been so "shocking". Nor his recent one to CHI...

Re: Gallo and Chandler, ya perhaps. But perhaps more apprapo to follow their successes in games than Randoloph's games for the Wounded Wolves.

(will say, not sure Gallo's 3-7, 1-3 three pt, 10-11 from the line, block n steao in 25min is that routine a thing)

Re: Gallo and Chandler, ya perhaps. But perhaps more apprapo to follow their successes in games than Randoloph's games for the Wounded Wolves.

More appropriate because you feel that way? Gallo got more than a fair share to prove himself with the Knicks. He'll do OK. AR on the other hand IMHO was benched for no reason. No real coaching reason.

I'm now wondering what it is about Sheldon that MDA dislikes. I mean he was getting approximately 17 min a night in Denver. Has a rep as a pretty good lane clogger and rebounder. I wish he was in the game tonight when Wilcox was beasting on us. Maybe he gets a body on Wilcox and prevents him from the game winning put back dunk. Heck he could have fouled him the guy made 3-8/9?

But hey what do I know...

Melo's really not that good. This isn't knee jerk overreacting to 1 loss either. There's a reason the Nuggets are 9-3 since he got traded. Plenty of smart basketball analysts have been saying for a while that Anthony is a really overrated player.

He's not a very good passer, he's a terrible defender and although he scores a lot of points, he's not even a very efficient scorer.

Put aside all the hype - is Melo really any better than someone like Monta Ellis? Is he a better all-around player than the supposedly overpaid Andre Igodoula?

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
Melo's really not that good. This isn't knee jerk overreacting to 1 loss either. There's a reason the Nuggets are 9-3 since he got traded. Plenty of smart basketball analysts have been saying for a while that Anthony is a really overrated player.

He's not a very good passer, he's a terrible defender and although he scores a lot of points, he's not even a very efficient scorer.

Put aside all the hype - is Melo really any better than someone like Monta Ellis? Is he a better all-around player than the supposedly overpaid Andre Igodoula?

If you think Monta Ellis and Igodoula are better than Melo then you need to stop watching basketball

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Seriously??

I've said it a million times but nobody believed me....Melo is the most overrated "superstar" I've ever seen. I live in Colorado and have /followed Melo many years. This kind of game is not surprising to me and should not be surprising to any of you.

2-12, 0-2 from 3-pt for 6 points against the Pistons speaks for itself. SMH.

I know you hated the recent trade but damn.. The other day you said Melo couldn't shoot smh, now you're saying he's overrated..

I know you say you've watched him plenty but i just think you're wrong in spite of all of the viewing time you've supposedly had... I watched him a good amount when he was w Denver and even more now that he's with the Knicks. Now that I've had the chance to REALLY scrutinize him, I have to say he's better than I originally thought, and I saw him as great before. Give him a little more time in this offense.

No jumpshot?? Seriously??? Carmelo Anthony has the one of the best, most lethal mid-range games in basketball. Period. It's based primarily off of his mid-range jump shot, which is very good so guys have to play him close. He can do alot w that jumpshot.. He can shoot off the dribble.. He can turn and fade, accurately.. He can jab-step and just pull-up over the defender. That you don't see this is somewhat disconcerting. Most players don't have nearly as many options w which to get a shot off. Combine these aspects w his quickness and ability to create off the dribble and your left a player that has a bevy of options whenever he gets the ball 1:1. When you see him pivoting and gyrating before he makes his move, it's almost like he can't decide which move to attack w because he has so many choices at his disposal..

Also, his feel w the ball off the dribble is just.. crazy. The man is really savvy off the dribble for a SF. W his body control it makes him a nightmare for ANY defender. He likes to faint, before he makes his hard dribble move at times; he'll stutter step a bit on the way to the hoop.. He's got the little spin dribble he does off out of his pivot, which is deadly on it's own, but then he can cross back over as a secondary, which is just silly.. He has so many moves and he improvises and mixes them up at will. He's REALLY smart and instinctive w his moves.. His ability to get his own shot in virtually any situation is just uncanny.

The things I used to dislike about him when he was on Denver were his demeanor and his off and on defensive ability. I think he starting to get that he needs to become a better player on the dfensive end. I'm coming to accept his demeanor..

Melo is a legit superstar. He's far from a perfect player, but it was necessary that we acquire him. Some nights he's gonna be off. Specifically tnite, I don't think he got enough touches. I think that offed his rhythm a bit. He seemed to be focusing more tnite defensively. That's one thing about Melo he needs to develop. He needs to learn how to focus consistently at both ends, while maintaining a high level in both facets of the game. When he's going good offensively he tends to take possessions off on the defensive end. When he focuses on D he seems to have difficulty finding a rhythm on offense.. As he gets older and winning becomes more of necessity and drive hopefully he'll grow in this area.

I really miss our old players, especially Gallo, but Melo is just wicked good. Considering the myriad things that could have gone wrong related to the trade and the riskiness of the wait and see approach, I think we're lucky to have him and Amare together on this team. :gony:

Last edited:
lmfao @ TitleTown.

Wow; 9-3 record "after 12 games"; big deal.

Carmelo LED the DEN to the playoffs during his first 7 years in the league. That was in an extremely tough Westen Conf too. 7 consecutive trips to the playoffs BECAUSE of Melo.

Melo led Syracuse to the National Championship during his freshman year. When was the last time Syracuse won a national title before Melo? Thats only college ball though. When was the last time (before Melo) that DEN made the playoffs 7 years in a row...?

''Melo's really not that good''. Whats Melo's head to head record against both LeBron & Wade combined?

Some fans...

C- Howard - Bynum
PF- Stoudemire - P.Gasol
SF- LeBron - Carmelo
SG- Kobe - Wade
PG- Rose - CP3

Or better yet?

C- Hakeem - Ewing
PF- Malone - Barkley
SF- Pippen - Grant Hill
SG- Jordan - Penny Hardaway
PG- Stockton - G.Payton

Some Yankees, I mean... Knicks fans... STILL wouldn't be happy.
Some of you REALLY don't deserve a duo of Amare & Melo. Go back to enjoying the losing days of Curry & Nate...

knickfan2112

Benchwarmer

what a clown this guy is and everyone else hating on melo right now... damn i didnt know players werent allowed to have some bad games. SMDH

YungMelo15

Benchwarmer
what a clown this guy is and everyone else hating on melo right now... damn i didnt know players werent allowed to have some bad games. SMDH

I feel where your comin from man, Nobody trashed Melo last night when he dropped 26, or hit the game winner at memphis.

They gotta blame it on somebody tho, and he had the worse night. So why not him right?... BS

la2ny

Starter
Of course its Melos turn 2 get blamed. Amare got it when he had bad games by hisself, Dantoni still gets it.... Next it'll be Clyde for wearing a plain suit :rolleyes:

iSaYughh

Starter
More appropriate because you feel that way? Gallo got more than a fair share to prove himself with the Knicks. He'll do OK. AR on the other hand IMHO was benched for no reason. No real coaching reason.

I'm now wondering what it is about Sheldon that MDA dislikes. I mean he was getting approximately 17 min a night in Denver. Has a rep as a pretty good lane clogger and rebounder. I wish he was in the game tonight when Wilcox was beasting on us. Maybe he gets a body on Wilcox and prevents him from the game winning put back dunk. Heck he could have fouled him the guy made 3-8/9?

But hey what do I know...

Idk about Sheldon. He seems like he should he a premier enforcer for us, at the least.

Re: gallo/Chandler...

Of course according to me. :smokin: But I say that bc they are home grown Knicks, were our present and future, and the key pieces in the titantic trade for Melo.

So, if there were threads dedicated to following ex-Knicks from the trade *I'm* surprised it's not either of them, as opposed to half-year trade-bait DNP Randolph.

O well, Randolph's (extreme) benchitus is a big gay mystery, the biggest of the year, given all the factors in play. I can't deny that. I won't roast MDA for it, though, or Walsh -- non issue to me at this pt, unless we WHIFF on bigs this off season and AR shows himself to have been a consistent productive player for MIN on the rise.

petescud

Starter
Next thing you know it these guys will start blaming andy rautins

OK, Lets Go. what has he done for us beside carry Landry's luggage.

I understand wanting to follow the careers of Gallo & Chandler, for the simple fact their home grown talents, but come on guys... We have our very own home grown Knick talents in Douglas & Fields no?
Douglas is one hell of a defensive player. I'm a huge FSU fan & enjoyed watching TD lead the way for our defense (& offense). Earned ACC defensive player awards. I was more excited when NY drafted TD than when the Jets drafted Leon. We've all seen flashes of greatness; but the best of Douglas has yet to come. He's a special talent. Our future starting PG.

I cant say enough about Fields. This has to be our best overall Knicks rookie since god knows when? What a feeling I had watching this kis play during the rookie-sophmore game. What a freaking steal & honestly... I knew nothing about Fields before the draft. It's not hard to see that he's a great off the ball player, which is huge considering the fact that we have two of the NBA's top 5 scorers in Melo & Amare; doesn't need the ball to impact the game. Love it.

Melo is the real deal, he's just having a rough time atm.

I actually think he's much better when Amar'e is on the bench. Our defense usually gets better aswell when STAT sits. I'm not saying that STAT should be benched lol, but they need time to gel. Melo and Billups had no training camp and no preseason with us. They need time to adapt.

A few solid screens by our big men and some new plays in our playbook designed for Melo wouldn't hurt his offense either.
At the moment we often isolate him while everyone is static and watching him, not the most innovative play.

On a sidenote: What do you guys think about this idea going through my mind?

Let's assume Miami lose in the second round and we lose in the first round. Hell breaks lose in Miami and New York. Both teams feel like they need changes.

We trade STAT for Chris Bosh.
Should we do it?

Bosh is a much better defender than STAT, a better rebounder and less turnover prone.

On the other hand he doesn't posses STAT's offensive arsenal, his swagger and leadership.

Question is: Do we really need STAT's 27 ppg anymore, now that we have Melo who could lead the league in scoring at 30 ppg or 31 ppg next season if he were our number 1 option on offense.

Bosh is a 20 -10 guy with good defense. Imo it would be a good trade for both teams. We could improve our defense (our biggest need!), while only losing about 7 ppg, of which we would get 4 or 5 back by increasing Melo's scoring.

So net:
-2 or -3 points
+ 2 or +3 rebounds
giving up less second chance points
better post defense and team defense
less shot blocking (Bosh is really not a shot blocker)
less leadership
less turnovers (STAT is quite turnover prone)
less glamour/swagger

overall:
better?

Last edited: