Friday Night Knicks: Knicks vs Pistons

We trade STAT for Chris Bosh.
shaq.gif

please tell me you're joking

But Bosh is a good defender and rebounder.

We desperately need both, interior defense and defensive rebounding. That's 2 aspects that are really missing in STAT's game. No disrespect, that dude is a beast and I admire his offensive talent, but his poor play when we are not in possesion is really hurting us night in and night out.

I don't say we should do it. It was just an idea - if you tell my that's BS then I'll trust you :thumbsup:

Regarding potential bigs we could sign, I'm 100% sure that DeAndre Jordan will resign with the Clippers. Marc Gasol is useless in our system and Greg Oden can't even manage to play 20 games a season.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I understand why some people blame Anthony for that single game. It's because the expectation were too high. Before the trade many fans thought acquiring Carmelo will certainly solve all the problems of our team and now they feel disappointed if we're still not able to win against the teams we're supposed to. I was always strongly against the trade and I didn't expect more than the 1st round of the postseason. I thought and actually still think Carmelo is overrated and overpaid. I was absolutely happy with the team we had, I saw a lot of potential there, a lot of willingness to improve, I knew those guys would die struggling for every single W.
I had a feeling they belonged to the team, they were real Knickerbockers and that's what I am missing right now, I can't take Anthony as a Knick, player who blames own teammates, critisizes the coach and blows off the media simply doesn't deserve to be part of our community. I was very upset seeing four talented guys leaving the city, but I would be enormously happy seeing Carmelo packing up.

petescud

Starter
I agree with losing our guys and how Melo seems. But, we really don't know the guy that well to throw him in the fryer yet. We should give him a chance. Is he overrated? I think so, big time. I also thought that when Earl Monroe came to us back in the day. I thought Earl's magical days were over and we were getting a beat up player (guys legs were like rubber bands when we got him)...I think all the young guys we gave up had a lot of heart, and i wish them the best. Chandler was one of my favorites

I understand why some people blame Anthony for that single game. It's because the expectation were too high. Before the trade many fans thought acquiring Carmelo will certainly solve all the problems of our team and now they feel disappointed if we're still not able to win against the teams we're supposed to. I was always strongly against the trade and I didn't expect more than the 1st round of the postseason. I thought and actually still think Carmelo is overrated and overpaid. I was absolutely happy with the team we had, I saw a lot of potential there, a lot of willingness to improve, I knew those guys would die struggling for every single W.
I had a feeling they belonged to the team, they were real Knickerbockers and that's what I am missing right now, I can't take Anthony as a Knick, player who blames own teammates, critisizes the coach and blows off the media simply doesn't deserve to be part of our community. I was very upset seeing four talented guys leaving the city, but I would be enormously happy seeing Carmelo packing up.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
But Bosh is a good defender and rebounder.

We desperately need both, interior defense and defensive rebounding. That's 2 aspects that are really missing in STAT's game. No disrespect, that dude is a beast and I admire his offensive talent, but his poor play when we are not in possesion is really hurting us night in and night out.

I don't say we should do it. It was just an idea - if you tell my that's BS then I'll trust you :thumbsup:

Regarding potential bigs we could sign, I'm 100% sure that DeAndre Jordan will resign with the Clippers. Marc Gasol is useless in our system and Greg Oden can't even manage to play 20 games a season.

Bosh's defense is better than Amar'e's, but it by no means "good".

smokes

Huge Member
Bosh might be a better defender, considering he plays alongside legit 7 footers his entire career and now in Miami where as they are a potential CHAMPIONSHIP team they play a lot of defense!!!!!

However Amare has the potential to be lightyears ahead of Bosh since he has the hops. He just has to want it.