Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: VOLUME 2 Another DFDH must read....I rest my case : Fire This F---ing bum.

Originally Posted by YungMelo15
    That putback dunk tied the game, and it was a BIG possession though! Why amare didnt box out is against me.

Turnovers definately hurt us, we didnt get loose balls (pause) and Melo played like a bench player. He didnt get a whistle on that last drive as well. That is no excuse, but a superstar gotta get that call.

All that speculation about miami closing games, but we have double digit leads in the 4th and cant close them. ie Orl and Det! Thats straight up BS
    That dunk tied the game, hyped even more an already hyped crowd and inspired the Pistons. Bad on all fronts for the Knicks. We lost the game there...

Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Yea.. Like any fan I get disappointed after losses.. But I try to remain objective and look at the big picture. Like it or not, there's some gellin' that needs to take place C&TP. Plus it's still the regular season and we have a spot in post season play as we stand. If and when we make the playoffs I'll become a lot more emotional and nit picky if things don't go well. Or if we start to seriously slide out of the playoff hunt you'll be reading a different type of post from me.
    Believe it or not I thought we were a shoe in for a playoff spot. Right now we arent playing well against bad teams and we wont win every game we play against good teams. I hope I'm wrong but there is a very distinct possibility we arent in the dance at all. So you see my passion in my posts right now.

Not trying to needle you or anything, but what do you think I missed with KBlacks post? I like different perspectives...

Oh this coming from a Met fan that knows disappointment...

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    Believe it or not I thought we were a shoe in for a playoff spot. Right now we arent playing well against bad teams and we wont win every game we play against good teams. I hope I'm wrong but there is a very distinct possibility we arent in the dance at all. So you see my passion in my posts right now.

Not trying to needle you or anything, but what do you think I missed with KBlacks post? I like different perspectives...

Oh this coming from a Met fan that knows disappointment...
    What do I think you're missing>>? Okay.. To put it simply, there were many plays that lead up to the put back by Wilcox. You can't just say that ONE play won them the game.. What about Melo's off night?? Or Billups 8 turnovers?? Or even Amare's 5 turnovers?? How about the fact the giraffe only grabbed 3 boards??

There were many things that we could have done better as a team that lead up to the game being close before the put back by Wilcox. Without ALL of them, that dunk is no more pivotal then if it would have happened in the 1st quarter..

@ Clydeandthepearl,

And dude, we're 35-32 and the 7th seed, currently. Indiana is 30-39 at 8. The next team behind them is Charlotte, at 28-40.

We would have to take a heck of a tumble to find ourselves on the outside lookin in re: the Playoffs. We have Amare and Melo. Don't see it happening w this team.. We should definitely get in.

What do I think you're missing>>? Okay.. To put it simply, there were many plays that lead up to the put back by Wilcox. You can't just say that ONE play won them the game.. What about Melo's off night?? Or Billups 8 turnovers?? Or even Amare's 5 turnovers?? How about the fact the giraffe only grabbed 3 boards??

There were many things that we could have done better as a team that lead up to the game being close before the put back by Wilcox. Without ALL of them, that dunk is no more pivotal then if it would have happened in the 1st quarter..
    Obviously you know I disagree. At the point and time he made that dunk the game was in the balance. On the road. Against an inspired inferior team that would LOVE to help knock us out the playoffs. Us playing bad against these type of teams. Going in you could only hope that the game was close towards the end. It was and that one play sealed our fate. We get the rebound or foul Wilcox on that play we win.

I would love to see MDA go defense/rebounding at the end of these type of games in that situation. But he never does.

Veteran

^

Issue is....

We are a weak defensive team. And very good offensive team.

All coaching aside. This is what we are as constructed by Walsh and who plays basketball for the NYK.

So at the end of games, close games, when you say you want MDA to to "defensive' and such,

Sure, he can go big(ger) and defensive,

But the overall potency of our team will suffer, due to the glaring and inherent lopsided talent of our team,

Which resides with offense. In a tight game especially, you stick with your bread and butter -- which tonight got burned,

Mainly bc two superstar 25+pt players played like sloppy dog****.

Ce la ****ing vie.

I can't prove, but you can expect, us to still lose, albeit in different style, if MDA altered his rotations, per the defensive mania many crave.

And, based off my above, it'd reason we'd lose more.

Veteran

Wearing your emotions on your sleeve much???

Dude, you're more reactionary than a just quaaluded Khadafi on the brink of raging on some peaceful pro-Democracy protesters..

It's only been 14 games since the trade for Melo and Billups.. What'd you expect the transition to be seamless/perfect??

The only way D'antoni is fired is if we don't make the playoffs. Capiche??
    +1

Keep classing these threads up broheem.

Lotta foos jumping ship of late.

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    ^

Issue is....

We are a weak defensive team. And very good offensive team.

All coaching aside. This is what we are as constructed by Walsh and who plays basketball for the NYK.

So at the end of games, close games, when you say you want MDA to to "defensive' and such,

Sure, he can go big(ger) and defensive,

But the overall potency of our team will suffer, due to the glaring and inherent lopsided talent of our team,

Which resides with offense. In a tight game especially, you stick with your bread and butter -- which tonight got burned,

Mainly bc two superstar 25+pt players played like sloppy dog****.

Ce la ****ing vie.

I can't prove, but you can expect, us to still lose, albeit in different style, if MDA altered his rotations, per the defensive mania many crave.

And, based off my above, it'd reason we'd lose more.
    NO. You go defensive, get the stop, get the rebound, call time out and put the scorers in. In games like this its done 99.9999999% of the time. I didnt invent this philosophy. I've seen it done a million times. Similar to putting your best foul shot shooters in the game at the end when you know the other team has to foul.

This isnt rocket science...

@ Clydeandthepearl,

And dude, we're 35-32 and the 7th seed, currently. Indiana is 30-39 at 8. The next team behind them is Charlotte, at 28-40.

We would have to take a heck of a tumble to find ourselves on the outside lookin in re: the Playoffs. We have Amare and Melo. Don't see it happening w this team.. We should definitely get in.
    Yep. All sounds good. In 2007 Mets were seven games up with seventeen left to play and missed the dance. You must be a Skankee fan.

Point being if the Knicks keep losing to these teams they're supposed to beat and start losing to teams that might be considered better, you're looking at an epic collapse...

Banned
    FLorida. Thank god for the NBA league pass & MSG network.

Lmao @ people talking like the world is over & the Knicks could fall out of the playoff picture... Not gonna happen.

MDA haters may pray for that to happen, but sorry guys; it's not gonna happen.

The Knicks are playing .500 since the Melo trade with a record of 6-2 against winning teams. Charlotte would pretty much have to win every game from here on out with the Knicks winning no more than 3 or 4 games.

Sorry guys, but it's not about to happen. Not when Charlotte is currently 12 games below of .500

Superstar

It's just another piece of evidence that MDA is not the right coach for this team. We've lost 5 games now (more???) against subpar teams. We lost to the friggin Pistons... they are so bad it makes my brain hurt. Perhaps some of the members of this board will start believing that a coach who doesn't coach defense can't win a championship and actually admit that us "D'Antoni Haters" were right all along. Offense only is not a suitable way to becoming a championship.

MDA needs a specific team to coach. He needs specific players. He has never had that team in NY... Well he had that type of team before the trade, but he's just not equipped to deal with any style other than his own.

And, the worst part is that the basketball players are picking up bad habits and starting not to care. You can see it in their collective attitude.

Just plain bad situation.

We have two amazing players in Amar'e and Melo. D'Antoni can't pull more wins out? Really???? I saw that same tired pick and roll defense time and time again, and we got burned on it time and time again...

Just horrible. It makes me sick.
    Last edited by MusketeerX; Mar 19, 2011 at 02:48.

Originally Posted by KnicksFanFromQueens1985
    Lmao @ people talking like the world is over & the Knicks could fall out of the playoff picture... Not gonna happen.

MDA haters may pray for that to happen, but sorry guys; it's not gonna happen.

The Knicks are playing .500 since the Melo trade with a record of 6-2 against winning teams. Charlotte would pretty much have to win every game from here on out with the Knicks winning no more than 3 or 4 games.

Sorry guys, but it's not about to happen. Not when Charlotte is currently 12 games below of .500
    I guess this is indirectly directed at me.

Sure the Knicks should be a lock for the dance. Am I hoping and praying that they dont make it? NO. But say we lose 10-11 of our remaining games and Charlotte or the Bucks get hot at the right time. We could be looking at a lottery pick.

Remeber, I'm a Mets fan i've seen this type of thing happen first hand.

Truly I'm hoping we get in and become a force to be reckoned with until Melo & STAT call it quits...

Superstar

I guess this is indirectly directed at me.

Sure the Knicks should be a lock for the dance. Am I hoping and praying that they dont make it? NO. But say we lose 10-11 of our remaining games and Charlotte or the Bucks get hot at the right time. We could be looking at a lottery pick.

Remeber, I'm a Mets fan i've seen this type of thing happen first hand.

Truly I'm hoping we get in and become a force to be reckoned with until Melo & STAT call it quits...
    We would not be looking at a lotto pick, unfortunately Clyde. Houston has the right to switch their pick with ours this year.

Can any of you Mike D'antoni supporters tell me what he's done for to this team, that's been positive since he's been here?

I realize KBlack is your boy and all, but that put back sealed the deal. One play.

Were we sloppy with the ball yes. But no matter what happened before that dunk the game was still in the balance. History CAN NOT and I repeat CAN NOT be changed. At the very moment Wilcox made that dunk we lost.

So what exactly did I miss Ole Wise One???
    We would not have been in a position for the put back dunk to matter at all had we not been sloppy with the ball on the offensive end blowing an 11 point lead.