SMH -- Current Rankings

MusketeerX

Rotation player
Off Rtg: 110.8 (7th of 30) ▪ Def Rtg: 109.8 (23rd of 30)
PTS/G: 106.8 (2nd of 30) ▪ Opp PTS/G: 105.9 (28th of 30)
Pace: 96.0 (2nd of 30)

Our offense has dropped to 7th. Our defense has actually become worse (who would have thought)...

MDA is payed 6 million dollars a year to be the best offensive coach in the game... We went from 2nd to 7th.

It will be a good day when MDA leaves the Garden.

You fault MDA for the drop off? Are you blind bro? Do you not know that MDA was 100% against this trade? Do you not know that MDA has been forced to start 3 starters who's only been here for 12 or fewer games? Jesus christ. Blame the man for everything? When A) He was against this trade & B) Starting 3 brand new starters who's NEVER played in this offensive system? Pathetic. Wanna talk about MDA getting 6 million per? Funny. How much do both Amare & Melo get paid per? Exactly. Billups is also due 12M next year. I rest my case. PROOF that the PLAYERS are more important to the success of the team than the quote on quote "coach".

Also... It's a credit to MDA as a great offensive coach that the Knicks EVER ranked 2nd with that starting 5. Felton was nothing before both MDA & Amare. Felton cant even start over the backup in Lawson who was backing up Billips. Gallo was a European player we found somewhere in the Italian leagues, Fields is only a rookie & Mozgov was ONLY averaging 2 pts & 3 rebounds per.

Clueless.

You fault MDA for the drop off? Are you blind bro? Do you not know that MDA was 100% against this trade? Do you not know that MDA has been forced to start 3 starters who's only been here for 12 or fewer games? Jesus christ. Blame the man for everything? When A) He was against this trade & B) Starting 3 brand new starters who's NEVER played in this offensive system? Pathetic. Wanna talk about MDA getting 6 million per? Funny. How much do both Amare & Melo get paid per? Exactly. Billups is also due 12M next year. I rest my case. PROOF that the PLAYERS are more important to the success of the team than the quote on quote "coach".

Also... It's a credit to MDA as a great offensive coach that the Knicks EVER ranked 2nd with that starting 5. Felton was nothing before both MDA & Amare. Felton cant even start over the backup in Lawson who was backing up Billips. Gallo was a European player we found somewhere in the Italian leagues, Fields is only a rookie & Mozgov was ONLY averaging 2 pts & 3 rebounds per.

Clueless.
^
smh.jpg

MusketeerX

Rotation player
I just love how we have the most potent offensive scorer in the NBA in Melo. The most dominant power forward in the NBA in Amar'e, and supposedly this brilliant offensive coach, and we dropped 5 spots.

Ugh boy.

This leans toward my theory that MDA is not a briliant offensive coahc, he is just good at running his system, which requires a very specific set of players to make work.

jpz17

Starter

Clueless.

Amen. Finally, someone with at least half a brain.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
Amen. Finally, someone with at least half a brain.

We have lost to every below .500 team since the trade and he is the smart one....

It amazes me how many people don't know about the mechanics of winning in basketball. Its like children watching a magic show, where MDA is the magician. There is no substance to his act. It looks cool, but there is nothing behind it.... It's flashy and puts butts in the seats, but when it comes down to really laying things on the line, it isn't sufficient.

It reminds me of My Cousin Vinny.

Vinny Gambini: Look, maybe I could have handled the preliminary a little better, okay? I admit it. But what's most important is winning the case. I could do it. I really could. Let me tell you how, okay? The D.A.'s got to build a case. Building a case is like building a house. Each piece of evidence is just another building block. He wants to make a brick bunker of a building. He wants to use serious, solid-looking bricks, like, like these, right?
[puts his hand on the wall]
Bill: Right.
Vinny Gambini: Let me show you something.
[he holds up a playing card, with the face toward Billy]
Vinny Gambini: He's going to show you the bricks. He'll show you they got straight sides. He'll show you how they got the right shape. He'll show them to you in a very special way, so that they appear to have everything a brick should have. But there's one thing he's not gonna show you.
[turns the card, so that its edge is toward Billy]
Vinny Gambini: When you look at the bricks from the right angle, they're as thin as this playing card. His whole case is an illusion, a magic trick. It has to be an illusion, 'cause you're innocent. Nobody - I mean nobody - pulls the wool over the eyes of a Gambini, especially this one. Give me a chance, one chance. Let me question the first witness. If after that point, you don't think that I'm the best man for the job, fire me then and there. I'll leave quietly, no grudges. All I ask is for that one chance. I think you should give it to me.

petescud

Starter
This is "Classic"...Go Knicks

We have lost to every below .500 team since the trade and he is the smart one....

It amazes me how many people don't know about the mechanics of winning in basketball. Its like children watching a magic show, where MDA is the magician. There is no substance to his act. It looks cool, but there is nothing behind it.... It's flashy and puts butts in the seats, but when it comes down to really laying things on the line, it isn't sufficient.

It reminds me of My Cousin Vinny.

Vinny Gambini: Look, maybe I could have handled the preliminary a little better, okay? I admit it. But what's most important is winning the case. I could do it. I really could. Let me tell you how, okay? The D.A.'s got to build a case. Building a case is like building a house. Each piece of evidence is just another building block. He wants to make a brick bunker of a building. He wants to use serious, solid-looking bricks, like, like these, right?
[puts his hand on the wall]
Bill: Right.
Vinny Gambini: Let me show you something.
[he holds up a playing card, with the face toward Billy]
Vinny Gambini: He's going to show you the bricks. He'll show you they got straight sides. He'll show you how they got the right shape. He'll show them to you in a very special way, so that they appear to have everything a brick should have. But there's one thing he's not gonna show you.
[turns the card, so that its edge is toward Billy]
Vinny Gambini: When you look at the bricks from the right angle, they're as thin as this playing card. His whole case is an illusion, a magic trick. It has to be an illusion, 'cause you're innocent. Nobody - I mean nobody - pulls the wool over the eyes of a Gambini, especially this one. Give me a chance, one chance. Let me question the first witness. If after that point, you don't think that I'm the best man for the job, fire me then and there. I'll leave quietly, no grudges. All I ask is for that one chance. I think you should give it to me.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
This is "Classic"...Go Knicks

I looked for the video on youtube, but couldn't find it... I did find a video where Vinny does his opening statement and says, "Everything that guy just said is bull$*3%."

Was thinking of using that next time someone (one person in particular in mind) put up something stupid, but it might be against the decorum of this board. Haha.

smokes

Huge Member

Clueless.

Can you provide any kind of source that says Mike did not want to make this trade? I've never even heard that suggested anywhere...

Oh and FYI ranking 2nd in offense is meaningless when you rank 2nd to last in defense... Any team in this league could rank 2nd playing the playground ball we play night in night out.

Last edited:

iSaYughh

Starter
I just love how we have the most potent offensive scorer in the NBA in Melo. The most dominant power forward in the NBA in Amar'e, and supposedly this brilliant offensive coach, and we dropped 5 spots.

Ugh boy.

This leans toward my theory that MDA is not a briliant offensive coahc, he is just good at running his system, which requires a very specific set of players to make work.

This would be likely true, and very damning.

Except it's been a dozen games, after roster upheaval, where we "lost" in addition to gained.

But ya, Melon+Billuos here could be an ultimate litmus test for MDA.