Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Breaking Melo

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    Amar'e has been poor since the All Star break.

Even when he's on top of his game, all he can ever do is score and get a few blocks. He's a poor rebounder for a guy 6-10 and athletic and his defense is amongst the worst I have ever seen.

That's why I came up with the question whether we should trade him for Chris Bosh in the summer.

Amar'e will never play defense that's written in stone.

I rate Melo higher than Amar'e. Melo is one of the 2 best scorers in the game when he feels comfortable and is playing as the no.1 option on offense.

Only Durant is more prolific.
    Amare for Bosh!? Gtfo please.

Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    Amare for Bosh!? Gtfo please.
    I know you probably don't give a damn about it, and I can understand it, but Bleacher Report rank Bosh higher than Amar'e....

Scoring is really not that hard in today's NBA...guys like Monta Ellis or Kevin Martin produce 25 ppg seasons...but are they great players? - Hell no, because all they can ever do is score.

STAT needs to grab 10 rebounds every game and start to play some serious defense or else he will be just another great scorer in NBA history who never won a championship.

The same goes for Melo (substitute the rebounding with assists in his case).

True franchise players should be well balanced in every area of the game.

That's what separates the Kobes, Jordans, Duncans, Fraziers, Birds, Johnsons etc. from the rest. A complete game, not just scoring or rebounding.

STAT is a very one dimensional player.

Bleacherreport is a site where any person with a computer can make an article.. I take nothing from there seriously.

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    I know you probably don't give a damn about it, and I can understand it, but Bleacher Report rank Bosh higher than Amar'e....

Scoring is really not that hard in today's NBA...guys like Monta Ellis or Kevin Martin produce 25 ppg seasons...but are they great players? - Hell no, because all they can ever do is score.

STAT needs to grab 10 rebounds every game and start to play some serious defense or else he will be just another great scorer in NBA history who never won a championship.

The same goes for Melo (substitute the rebounding with assists in his case).

True franchise players should be well balanced in every area of the game.

That's what separates the Kobes, Jordans, Duncans, Fraziers, Birds, Johnsons etc. from the rest. A complete game, not just scoring or rebounding.

STAT is a very one dimensional player.
    lmao Bosh is the softest pf in the NBA and is averaging the same amount of RPG as Amare.

His defense is almost as bad as Amare's and isn't nearly as good of a scorer as Amare,so your point is?

Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    I'm not sure on this, but hasnt Denver lost every game since Gallos return from injury?
    you're right ...
    But the matches are lost to Orlando and Miami ... both outside the home
    apple can do even 30 points per game but will not affect what ever the gallo

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Melobury.
    You are Cassandra.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

really amare's been poor since the allstar break?? dudes numbers has risen if anything; he's practically unguardable

Veteran

Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    really amare's been poor since the allstar break?? dudes numbers has risen if anything; he's practically unguardable
    I would be very surprised though if his fg% is the same tho, or even if it hasn't gone down a good degree.

Mainly tho, his defense has been porous to WTF bad, he is taking too many jump shots, and his dominant inside game hasn't been there especially in big spots.

His scoring has still been great no doubt, maybe even risen -- along with rebounds -- but those two stats n things aside, he has Vern overall weaker, IMHO.

Ever since the last second 3 Celdicks game, he's been relying more n more on jumpers (which he's actually been nailing by n large) but to detriment of his overall impact.