Knicks @ Bucks

la2ny

Starter
You know as much as we overreact to games what do we usually look at and who do we blame? Our society is based on pointing fingers, so obviously the trade happened so its the stars faults right...Wrong! check this out:

13 bench points vs. @Bucks(7 by Toney Douglas)
44 bench points vs. @Pistons(20 by Douglas)...mind you our starters played horrible
45 bench points vs. Grizzlies(29 by Douglas)
26 bench points vs. @Indiana(17 by Douglas)
26 bench points vs. Indiana(13 by Shawne Williams)
16 bench points vs. @Dallas(14 by Shawne Williams)
17 bench points vs. @ Memphis(10 by Mason)
40 bench points vs. Jazz
27 bench points vs. @Hawks
16 bench points vs. Cavs(8 by AC)
25 bench points vs. Hornets(16 by Shawne Williams)
11 bench points vs. @Magic(5 by Bill Walker)
19 bench points vs. @Heat(10 by Bill Walker)
12 bench points vs @Cavs(8 by Bill Walker)
34 bench points vs. Bucks(23 by Toney Douglas)

TakMan

Rotation player
We have the roster to at least beat the Bucks.

That's a completely different point. I've pointed out my concerns about this team in previous posts but people going as far as asking for a new coach in order to achieve a title are deluded. No depth in this Knicks team at all. I partly agree with arguments regarding the team requiring time to gel, however surely some improvement should be evident by now.

P.S The Knicks did beat the Bucks on the first post trade game, and in the NBA everyone can lose to anyone. It is early days but both improvement and consistency need to demonstrated soon. (and by consistency I do not mean the team being consistently average)

That's a completely different point. I've pointed out my concerns about this team in previous posts but people going as far as asking for a new coach in order to achieve a title are deluded. No depth in this Knicks team at all. I partly agree with arguments regarding the team requiring time to gel, however surely some improvement should be evident by now.

P.S The Knicks did beat the Bucks on the first post trade game, and in the NBA everyone can lose to anyone. It is early days but both improvement and consistency need to demonstrated soon. (and by consistency I do not mean the team being consistently average)
Just because we don't have the roster to win a championship doesn't mean we should be losing to the Bucks,Pistons,Cavs, and Indiana(twice).Yeah good teams lose to bad teams every once in a while but not consecutively.

How do you expect to have depth when we have a coach that has stuck to having a short rotation since he first got to Phoenix?

How do you expect to have defense when we have a coach that has never proved to preach defense?

Our coach never makes adjustments when we lose and he fails to recognize our problems on the defense end.

Our coach is delusional and when they ask him what was wrong tonight on the defensive end he says "Our defense was fine we just weren't knocking down shots"

I'm not saying i don't like him as a person because he seems like a pretty chill dude but i just don't think he is the right coach for this team.

lmao @ "we have the roster to beat the Bucs" when the Knicks have already shown, since the trade, that we have the roster that could "beat the Bucks".

How quickly some of you forget...

Any team can beat any team on any given night but to expect anything more from this team than a learning experience leading up to & into the playoffs shows what type of basketball insight you really do lack. Our previous roster wasn't going to win a championship or even make it out of the East so lets stop "acting" like they were or even would have.

A team that was only 2 games over .500 with only 1 returning starter on the roster from last year in Gallo heading into the break wasn't about to become any type of contender after losing 3 starters in Felton, Gallo, Mozgov & a solid 6th man in Chandler while not having one player that was with MDA last year.

Melo & Billups are not God. They cant win without learning how to first fit in.

lmao @ "we have the roster to beat the Bucs" when the Knicks have already shown, since the trade, that we have the roster that could "beat the Bucks".

How quickly some of you forget...

Any team can beat any team on any given night but to expect anything more from this team than a learning experience leading up to & into the playoffs shows what type of basketball insight you really do lack. Our previous roster wasn't going to win a championship or even make it out of the East so lets stop "acting" like they were or even would have.

A team that was only 2 games over .500 with only 1 returning starter on the roster from last year in Gallo heading into the break wasn't about to become any type of contender after losing 3 starters in Felton, Gallo, Mozgov & a solid 6th man in Chandler while not having one player that was with MDA last year.

Melo & Billups are not God. They cant win without learning how to first fit in.
I'm not going to argue with you because all you ever write back is:

"We don't have any starters from last year"

"The Spurs are a dynasty"

And my favorite "Mike D'antoni is a great coach he is only the 3rd coach to ever lead a team to 50 wins after a season with 50 losses".

SMH:boohoo:

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I don't see how the hell we're gonna to beat the Celtics playing like this.

We look so damn out of sink.

Billups just doesn't look right running this offense yet. Yea he scores, but he doesn't know where the ball should go and he he's rarely found Amare on the p & r. Fields seems like he hit the rookie wall 15 ~ 20 games ago. He's gutting his way thru this last part of the season though. Amare is still utterly unaware on defense. He should be embarrassed at the way he gets backdoored (pause) at times. He also hasn't been helping when we funnel guys baseline. TD had an off night shooting. Sheldon Williams should never play again. He's terrible.

I thought Melo played pretty well on both ends. I liked Turiaf getting more minutes. He's aware defensively and moves the ball well.

Aside from the first quarter, I thought the defense looked okay. It's getting better.

There's almost no chemistry yet boys. We just need to hope we have some going into the playoffs.

The coach thats leading the team to the playoffs for the 1st time since 04 (where NJ swept us) isn't getting fired 15 games before the playoffs.

A coach who put his career winning % on the line, during 2 full years, for a franchise who was stuck in Thomas cap hell isn't getting fired during the 1st year that his team has ANY chance to compete before first seeing how we compete during the playoffs.

Please... Learn the game of basketball & what it means to play a team sport before calling for the coaches head less than 20 games before the playoffs start with 3 starters who's been here for 15 or fewer games.

The coach thats leading the team to the playoffs for the 1st time since 04 (where NJ swept us) isn't getting fired 15 games before the playoffs.

A coach who put his career winning % on the line, during 2 full years, for a franchise who was stuck in Thomas cap hell isn't getting fired during the 1st year that his team has ANY chance to compete before first seeing how we compete during the playoffs.

Please... Learn the game of basketball & what it means to play a team sport before calling for the coaches head less than 20 games before the playoffs start with 3 starters who's been here for 15 or fewer games.
I don't know the game of basketball when you fail to see how bad of a coach this guy is?GTFO

Last edited:

la2ny

Starter
We played great basketball with Crawford and Z-Bo in 08-09, until they were traded for salary cap reasons. I think we were 3 games above .500 or even 4 games..don't remember exactly.

Z-Bo is playing very well for Memphis this season, Crawford won 6th man of the year last season...they're both good players obviously. I'm sure we would have reached the playoffs in 08-09 had we not traded them away. SSOL was working wonders for us when D'Antoni first arrived. Duhon was fantastic in his first 2-3 months with us. Teams couldn't handle our offense.

We need to reintroduce SSOL to have a chance or fire the whole coaching staff and change the philosophy 180 degrees.

ATM we're playing half court/iso ball in a system that's based on speed, spacing and ball movement. No wonder we're losing. It doesn't fit together.
tumblr_l555puWWM11qcbio7o1_500.jpg

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I don't know the game of basketball when you fail to see how bad of a coach this guy is?GTFO

No, you don't know the game of basketball to ask a question like that.

It is simply not ALL about this coach. Most of you that make it all about MDA, w the exception of a few, I feel are not able to descern the myriad other factors happening oncourt. Because of this, you resort to foolishly calling for the coaches head after almost every loss.

TakMan

Rotation player
Just because we don't have the roster to win a championship doesn't mean we should be losing to the Bucks,Pistons,Cavs, and Indiana(twice).Yeah good teams lose to bad teams every once in a while but not consecutively.

How do you expect to have depth when we have a coach that has stuck to having a short rotation since he first got to Phoenix?

How do you expect to have defense when we have a coach that has never proved to preach defense?

Our coach never makes adjustments when we lose and he fails to recognize our problems on the defense end.

You can also add that bad teams don't consistently beat good teams, and the Knicks are beating teams like Memphis, New Orleans , Miami,the Hawks (since the trade), as well as, Thunder, Bulls, and San Antonio (prior to the trade) One can even argue that there is an element of game 'picking' going on by this new team who have beaten the majority of winning teams they've played. Even though the coach has some responsibility for motivating the players, the amount of money they make and the amount of people that support them should provide more than enough motivation. So I stick to my point. Yes many problems are yet to be resolved, but all blame cannot be placed on the coach.

Your point concerning D'Antoni never preaching defence I would counter with the point that the Knicks are starting to improve defensively. I think the 2nd to 4th quarters tonight were better than what we're used to seeing defensively.

Finally, though I partly agree that our coach is not one for making adjustments while things are going wrong, this can not be applied to today's game, where adjustments were made and they did bring the Knicks back into the game.

You can also add that bad teams don't consistently beat good teams, and the Knicks are beating teams like Memphis, New Orleans , Miami,the Hawks (since the trade), as well as, Thunder, Bulls, and San Antonio (prior to the trade) One can even argue that there is an element of game 'picking' going on by this new team who have beaten the majority of winning teams they've played. Even though the coach has some responsibility for motivating the players, the amount of money they make and the amount of people that support them should provide more than enough motivation. So I stick to my point. Yes many problems are yet to be resolved, but all blame cannot be placed on the coach.

Your point concerning D'Antoni never preaching defence I would counter with the point that the Knicks are starting to improve defensively. I think the 2nd to 4th quarters tonight were better than what we're used to seeing defensively.

Finally, though I partly agree that our coach is not one for making adjustments while things are going wrong, this can not be applied to today's game, where adjustments were made and they did bring the Knicks back into the game.
We did also lose to Dallas and Orlando during this stretch but I get your point

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
james-dolan-carmelo-anthony-2011-2-23-18-50-38.jpg

Dolan: No, no, no. It's not about winning, it's about me showing my daddy I can make a business move all by myself! +49% baby!

I didn't see the game, but I have to say - 'the reason I haven't been getting up early to watch games over here is because we've become one of the worst teams in the NBA'.

Deny that.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
We are definitely getting to a break point with this coach. he needs to figure something out if wants to keep his job. This is getting pathetic. That first quarter was horrible.