Knicks @ Bucks

iSaYughh

Starter
Crazy⑧s;168634 said:
nba_g_dolan_275.jpg

:rofl:

Well played, sir, well played.

I gotta Photoshop that bitch n pimp me out a KO avatar.

iSaYughh

Starter
I don't see how the hell we're gonna to beat the Celtics playing like this.

We look so damn out of sink.

Billups just doesn't look right running this offense yet. Yea he scores, but he doesn't know where the ball should go and he he's rarely found Amare on the p & r. Fields seems like he hit the rookie wall 15 ~ 20 games ago. He's gutting his way thru this last part of the season though. Amare is still utterly unaware on defense. He should be embarrassed at the way he gets backdoored (pause) at times. He also hasn't been helping when we funnel guys baseline. TD had an off night shooting. Sheldon Williams should never play again. He's terrible.

I thought Melo played pretty well on both ends. I liked Turiaf getting more minutes. He's aware defensively and moves the ball well.

Aside from the first quarter, I thought the defense looked okay. It's getting better.

There's almost no chemistry yet boys. We just need to hope we have some going into the playoffs.

Great post. I couldn't agree more. I'll go back to an early season assertion I had, where I wanted us to have an ultimate SSOL offensive juggernaut of a starting 5, Fields as our 6th, and 2-3 bench players who are 1trick, but effective defensive ponies.

Anyway, tough to win after a roster upheaval, including

-- zero starting center (id argue we barely even have good *backup* 5s)

-- a 'superstar' big to compliment this gaping hole who can routinely get out rebounded by point guards, and gets shredded on D (I don't give a **** anymore about the game STAT talk; he either possesses an even lower iq than i ever thought, or is a defensive punk who spits a hypocritical rap about leadership and effort

-- a pg who is Raymond's First Month As Knick 2.0 bad at feeding Amare, and even worse with overall game flow, despite the further upheaval of how our offense is run (plz god go back to 'SSOL', D'ant simply needs to break out his pimp stick if there's resistance from Billups.

Rookie slum aside, Fields is also just not a good starting 2. Mainly bc his game isn't great to be a 2, especially on this team. 6th man, shuffling between the 2 and 3; as ive said half the season.

A C, 2, and PG. Dropping Billups and we should fulfill at least two/three this offseason, ideally letting Fields become our 6th in the process, with some combo of Douglas/Williams/Turiaf joining in the bench. .

Here's the deal...Melo wasn't an instant game changer for us. Getting him as we did, was more strategic than imminent.

The patience and multiple-yr vision to contending that we had pre-Melo...should essentially still be there. Barring the deal collapsing on us, we should get to the promised land faster, and with greater likelihood of success having gotten him.

But this project is still in beta, we aren't ready to launch. Cut billups, bring in our C and fix the bench/2 spot....And let Donnie put the finishing touch on this jigsaw puzzle.

We are playing roughly as we were early in season right now.

Ok one last and honest approach.

I think what's keeping us down over the last decade is the fact that we never ever rebuild through the draft.
We always want immediate success and superstars.

Unfortunately we don't have a good hand when it comes to choosing our superstars (I'm talking about the after-Ewing era only). First we selected Marbury as our franchise player and sacrificed our future for his talents (all the draft picks and his big contract). He wasn't a true franchise player. Tremendous talent, great stats, but not the right mindset to be a frabchise player and leader.

Let's skip the Isiah era, because the guy was a mad mad man. There wasn't a week without a trade or FA signing.

So Donnie Walsh cleaned the house, but he made one mistake and that was the Houston trade. Don't give up draft picks while rebuilding.

And once again we chose the wrong franchise players. First Stoudemire in the summer. $100 mil. spent and we get a tall version of Monta Ellis. No defense, very average rebounding for a guy his size and athleticism.
Of course we improved, Amar'e is a very good player and one of the best scorers, but he's no franchise player imo. His game is too one-dimensional.

Now Melo, early days but it seems to be the same story again and again. A one dimensional player who is supposed to be our franchise player, but all of a sudden we deteriorate. Melo doesn't like defense, he doesn't like passing the ball.

So once again we're stuck in the middle of nowhere, this time with 2 superstars who are scorers first and foremost and we don't have the role players to compensate for their weaknesses.

I truly believe it would have been better to rebuild through the draft. A no.1 pick can really do wonders for you and you get a true franchise player.

Derrick Rose
Dwight Howard
Kevin Durant
LaMarcus Aldridge
John Wall

just to name a few potential no1. picks over the last couple of years.

Another advantage is that you can form players the way your coaching saff needs them to be. A 28 year old STAT won't change his game, the same goes for Melo at 26. A 19 year old number 1 pick would do anything to become a superstar in this league.

Question is: Where do we go from here? We won't make it out of the first round.

iSaYughh

Starter
Problem is... IT didn't just rape us out of multiple lotto picks -- howd all that wrk out for the Bulls -- but his moves were of such a deranged level of BAD that we couldn't even simply suck mule dick like a NORMAL horrible team, and as such have hithero been denied future 1sts, while never being normal-bad enuff to ace the lotto.

We've also simply had bad luck in lotto placement.

And Gallo aside, further reason his top to bottom maligning was pathetic, we pooched lotto pick (sweetney) after lotto pick (frye).

Meanwhile, the most seminal non-lotto pick of this decade IT pooched to the max. 2nd Round Fodder Balkman, when our PG starved selves had Rondo slip -- well, we secured Chicagos future, may as well do same for Boston.

Of course the most critical draft of Walshs tenure he royally screwed, too.

So, rant aside, what do we do?

Stay with a fluid plan top to bottom. Reverse the entrenched trend that we are the team players and rival gms will bend over and administer rapes too. Regain true nyk pride. Don't settle for half measures outta desperation.

Tangibly, and imminently, dump Billups, sign a C, make plays for a pure 2 and/or pg.

Use draft n all future cap for a ML type PG, and 1trick pony defensive bench players.

Our team, yet again, is a Frankenstein. But I don't see y we can't contend next yr if the cba isn't a total cluster****, we dump Billups, and Walsh has a solid draft and nails and shrewd signing or trade.

la2ny

Starter
It's funny how people quit on this team already. This is exactly why you get the product you do. NO PATIENCE!

Why did everyone put this mark on 2010? Because we were tired of waiting. If Donnie Walsh and Dolan said well were not getting a superstar in 2010 and were going to build through the draft fans would riot and the media would kill them because its NEW YORK'S TEAM! Everyone wants them to be the Yankees, especially after those great teams of the 90's.

Another thing I believe people seem to kind of overlook is we as a franchise are overrated. It's the honest truth. We've only have pretty much 2 different runs of great teams for an extended peiod of time over 4 decades now. The early to mid 70's and the 90's other than that we've pretty much been mediocre.

I believe in this team we have now and I KNOW they have the talent to win big for several years. I wont be like every other New Yorker or New York fan and jump off the Empire State Building because we don't magically turn into The Lakers, Celtics, or Bulls. The sky is falling in New York so run away everyone, leave them to fall into the dumps because they are the Bobcats or Wizards or Cavaliers...:barf:

It's funny how people quit on this team already. This is exactly why you get the product you do. NO PATIENCE!

Why did everyone put this mark on 2010? Because we were tired of waiting. If Donnie Walsh and Dolan said well were not getting a superstar in 2010 and were going to build through the draft fans would riot and the media would kill them because its NEW YORK'S TEAM! Everyone wants them to be the Yankees, especially after those great teams of the 90's.

Another thing I believe people seem to kind of overlook is we as a franchise are overrated. It's the honest truth. We've only have pretty much 2 different runs of great teams for an extended peiod of time over 4 decades now. The early to mid 70's and the 90's other than that we've pretty much been mediocre.

I believe in this team we have now and I KNOW they have the talent to win big for several years. I wont be like every other New Yorker or New York fan and jump off the Empire State Building because we don't magically turn into The Lakers, Celtics, or Bulls. The sky is falling in New York so run away everyone, leave them to fall into the dumps because they are the Bobcats or Wizards or Cavaliers...:barf:
Great post man. I still believe the trade was good and we have a solid team now, with the potential to win in the future. My only gripe is I don't believe we have the proper leadership on the bench to get us to that ultimate destination

la2ny

Starter
Great post I still believe the trade was good and we have a solid team now and for the potential to win in the future. My only gripe is I don't believe we had to proper leadership on the bench to get us to that ultimate destination
I actually posted our bench stats since the trade, our bench sucks because D'ant doesn't really try using them. There was only two game where many played and it showed were deepr than he makes us look and it was the Hawks game and Jazz game.

Sons of Thunder

Benchwarmer
I actually posted our bench stats since the trade, our bench sucks because D'ant doesn't really try using them. There was only two game where many played and it showed were deepr than he makes us look and it was the Hawks game and Jazz game.

Yeah it was quite telling that our bench scored 40+ points (nearly half our total!) in those two games, blowing out a playoff-bound, higher-ranked Eastern Conference rival in the process.

Wargames

Starter
Problem is... IT didn't just rape us out of multiple lotto picks -- howd all that wrk out for the Bulls -- but his moves were of such a deranged level of BAD that we couldn't even simply suck mule dick like a NORMAL horrible team, and as such have hithero been denied future 1sts, while never being normal-bad enuff to ace the lotto.

We've also simply had bad luck in lotto placement.

And Gallo aside, further reason his top to bottom maligning was pathetic, we pooched lotto pick (sweetney) after lotto pick (frye).

Meanwhile, the most seminal non-lotto pick of this decade IT pooched to the max. 2nd Round Fodder Balkman, when our PG starved selves had Rondo slip -- well, we secured Chicagos future, may as well do same for Boston.

Of course the most critical draft of Walshs tenure he royally screwed, too.

So, rant aside, what do we do?

Stay with a fluid plan top to bottom. Reverse the entrenched trend that we are the team players and rival gms will bend over and administer rapes too. Regain true nyk pride. Don't settle for half measures outta desperation.

Tangibly, and imminently, dump Billups, sign a C, make plays for a pure 2 and/or pg.

Use draft n all future cap for a ML type PG, and 1trick pony defensive bench players.

Our team, yet again, is a Frankenstein. But I don't see y we can't contend next yr if the cba isn't a total cluster****, we dump Billups, and Walsh has a solid draft and nails and shrewd signing or trade.

basically we got to dump billups and turiaf and all those vet min deals. Then the knicks can upgrade the whole roster with decent players who might take a slight paycut for NY. Also try to find a true PG and sign them to a Felton deal. Lastly the knicks got to draft bigs I really thinks its their best chance to fix that issue in one year. There are a few bigs out there so grab as many as we can and try and find that diamond in the ruff center. Like i've said before its gonna take 2 more years to adjust the roster to fit Melo and Stat. However I really feel hopeful that the Knicks wont allow the Nets to come to NY while they're losing & dysfunctional.

As for the coach his jobs in his own hands.