Knicks vs. Celtics: pregame thread

jimkcchief88

All Star
Looks like NY fan from Queens is signed up for tonights game thread but until he gets his thread up feel-free to post here....

Haven't seen much of the losing streak thank goodness, but hopefully our Knicks can right their ship tonight. BTW, the game is being shown on NBA TV tonight for all of us out of market fans and Wednesday's game against the Magic is the early game on ESPN.

I think this team plays to the level of their competition to a certain degree so I'm expecting alot out of these next two games. I think this team will get it together and finish strong represent big time in the playoffs. Go Knicks!!

petescud

Starter
We played them well before the trade and got last second robbed (Amar'e 3)...hopefully we get on track and win this game. Time for us to really consider if we want 6th, 7th or 8th in the playoffs, as to who we want to face (unless we totally collapse and not make the playoffs - hope this doesn't happen)

la2ny

Starter
Well thats if he makes it, either way im looking foward to a good showing from the squad and getting some loving from my woman for the 1st time in a long while :sperm:

la2ny

Starter
We played them well before the trade and got last second robbed (Amar'e 3)...hopefully we get on track and win this game. Time for us to really consider if we want 6th, 7th or 8th in the playoffs, as to who we want to face (unless we totally collapse and not make the playoffs - hope this doesn't happen)
Virtually impossible to fall out of the playoffs at this point lol , but we will play Boston pretty competitive tonight if not beat them pretty handily. You all will hopefully see what I meant when I broke down the matchups in the other thread.

I hope Melo explodes for 40 and silences his critics.

STAT will have a hard time against Jeff Green. Mobile athletic 6-8 guys seem to be his kryptonite as we saw with Mbah a Moute yesterday or Joel Anthony against MIA.

Should be a game where STAT starts at the center spot and Jeffries at the 4 to guard Garnett. Kristic is not a handful (does Kristic still start for them?)

We need some good play from our point guards, Rondo absolutely killed Felton in the first 2 meetings, including that 24 assist game.

I'm really looking forward t that Rondo/Douglas matchup. Two young and hungry point guards going at each other. I have the feeling that Toney is in for another big night. He's definitely our MIP this season. He barely played last year and is our sixth man and best bench player this season.

Other than that we need to find a way to limit Ray Allen's productivity. I just don't see Pierce having a great night against Melo...I'm sure Carmelo has a point to prove and Pierce is not athletic enough to trouble an angry Melo.

I think we're about to see Carmelo Anthony's best game as a Knick tonight and we'll win something like 108-103.

Yeah, you can make it Amare it's all good in my eyes. Good luck & thnx & hope we start a winning streak. KnicksFanFromQueens with the assist of the rock (gameday thread) to Amare on the fast break! Ahahah you better not blow the layup/dunk either (I kid)

miked1958

Rotation player
It will be an embarrassing night at the Garden. sorry to say it, but if we dont play d, the Celts will score 135 on us.