Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Boston Celtics @ Knicks

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    Well, through many decades soccer fans in Spain used to say we played better than ever but we lost as always. I can't wait to start reading all those posts defending Carmelo Lazy Ass Anthony and saying these guys still don't know very much of each other, they need some more time to gel and blah, blah, blah...
    The blame goes to ALL the players, there should not be 1 to stick out in this loss. Melo kept making Stupid fouls, amare cant get a loose ball, fields cant attack in the half court, etc etc etc...

My biggest beef in this game is that Bos went on a 13-0 run and we never called a timeout. They took this game from us.

Im sure we all can blame the coach or the meloor stat, that would be too easy.

PLain and simple, we NEED to LEARN how to close out games. No way should they treat us like that in the 4th. We looked like a D-3 college team against Duke or somethin.

Carmelo and AMARE and who ever we get here are going to turn out to be Stephon Marburys, Eddy Currys, and Steve Francis`.

As long as James Dolan will be the owner of this team, we will continue to Facking suc.k. Because especially after tonights loss, every other owner in this league would FIRE Mike D`Antoni and the whole coaching staff.

CARMELO ANTHONY was getting stupid fouls, because he cant play defense, because nobody teaches him to play defense.

Toney Douglas and Amare Stoudamire were turning the ball over left and right. Because plays are not called out in time outs.

First of all, our coach doesnt even call time out when he really has to ...

I am just devastated and who ever wants to buy my tickets for the rest of the season let me know. I cant take this shyyt anymore..

they need a heavy dose of PRACTICE ; continuity has to be maintained for 48mins; a certain level of trust must be established to be able to close games out; they are good enough to make it extremely difficult for ORL, CHI, BOS, MIA but they are going to need mentally pull it together to right the ship in time for the playoffs

The only thing the Knicks executed down the stretch was their chances of winning.

Did anybody realise turiaf wasnt in the game late either. He was shutting shi* down on D and brought energy.

I retract my previous statement, Turiaf wasn't even in in the fourth, He's shutting **** down and he doesn't play in crunch time? Go home Dantoni

Interesting because this is the type of game we're going to have to win in the playoffs. Hard fought. Boston suffocated our perimeter shooters. TD, Williams and Fields couldnt get any space on the perimeter. Boston schemed their defense perfectly tonight.

Next time we play them we need Melo and STAT to play some bully ball down inside. Hopefully that will loosen up the D on our shooters.

Originally Posted by la2ny
    The only thing the Knicks executed down the stretch was their chances of winning.
    LMAO repped

i was just watching highlights of the Nuggets romp over the Raptors and damn near shed a tear when I saw Gallo and Chandler running the floor beautifully...

still we gotta get this **** together guys

Gotta love Antoni's non-use of timeouts on our opponents runs. Love it.

Well, once again the offensive genius with the innovative system fails to produce, design or call for an actual set play to orchestrate points in the half court stretch, late in the 4th when the team desperately needs a bucket.

Seen this too many times to see this as a hiccup. Coach let's players play and we wonder why we look like chickens w/out a head more often than naught?

After we lose to Orl we'll fall under .500. Great. 7-10 them since the trade. The good news is we only have 12 games left or so. A first round defeat and then we won't have to watch the Knicks until 2013.

I guess its time to act like Miami fans....

We fackin suck!

Were the worst team in the NBA!

Send LeBron back to Cleveland!

Dwade sucks LeBron is better!

....2 weeks later(spongebob)

Were the best! we cant be beat!. Championship brothaz!
    rep dat 305 Dwade County!

Oh Yeah! We da Best! I love Dwane Way and Labron Jaymes!

And Lakers Fans...

Wtf Gasol that was weak! Go strong! White Swan no Black Swan? Pau's so damn soft I h8 him sometimes..

We got lew out by the Bucks at Home!

We got blew out by the Heat on Xmas!!!

We got blew out at home to the Grizzlies!!!!

We got blew out by the Bobcats!!!!!

We lost to the facking CAVS!!!!!! Who we beat by 55!!!!!!! We suck...

Trade Bynum for Melo...

1 week later(spongebob)

#TeamBynum

I always wanted to keep bynum!

Pau Smash!

Lets go LA!

Koby is da best player ever 4get Mickal Jardon!!!!

Originally Posted by Deathstroke
    I retract my previous statement, Turiaf wasn't even in in the fourth, He's shutting **** down and he doesn't play in crunch time? Go home Dantoni
    LOL, that's one of like 20 things Antoni does wrong. I'm so sick of his coaching I barely can sit through a game. It's not even fun anymore. He is the WORST coach in the NBA.

Antoni is the reason we DON'T have a big.
    Antoni has NO CLUE how to rotate his players. He sits the hot guys and has our cold shooters on the floor all night.
    Antoni doesn't call timeouts on opponents runs until they score 15-20 points.
    Antoni doesn't hold his players accountable for their play.
    Antoni has no clue how to run a half-court offense/defense.
    Antoni could give a $hit about defense and it shows.
    Antoni outcasts good players just because they don't perfectly fit his team.
    Antoni runs the same damn plays over and over. Pick and roll, Isolation, and 2/3 screen.

Melo is right. The system sucks and our coaching staff sucks much worse. I can barely watch Antoni's weak a$$ attempt at coaching. He shows no emotion when he should and just sits there looking like a clown hugging himself when he should be doing his damn job. The only emotion he ever shows is when the refs don't call a foul when we're on offense. He needs to start getting on his players and leave the damn refs alone.

It's gotten to the point that I would rather us not make the playoffs so I don't have to watch Antoni coach anymore... I'm serious, it's totally worth it. I would trade this year for a new coach in a heartbeat. Bring on JVG!!!!

My #1 concern is the way the 2010-11 pre-Melo Knicks lost close games is the same exact way the 2010-11 post-Melo Knicks lose close games....and you know who else lost leads in the second half this way? The 08-09 Knicks, and the 09-10 Knicks.

At what point is something no longer a coincidence and when does it become a pattern?

We now have the sheer talent to win some regular season games, and we're losing the same exact way the Knicks squads that were devoid of talent lost.

Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    My #1 concern is the way the 2010-11 pre-Melo Knicks lost close games is the same exact way the 2010-11 post-Melo Knicks lose close games....and you know who else lost leads in the second half this way? The 08-09 Knicks, and the 09-10 Knicks.

At what point is something no longer a coincidence and when does it become a pattern?

We now have the sheer talent to win some regular season games, and we're losing the same exact way the Knicks squads that were devoid of talent lost.
    Sounds like something hasnt changed...hmmmmm but what could it be.....
    hmmmmmm....