Bad loss....but huge steps have been taken forward

Blumatic

Rotation player
Quoted both posts for truth right here!!! We lost a game we should've won. There's NO silver lining in that dark cloud IMO. We're losing the exact same way in most games. It's obvious we have an inept coach. When the team is in panic mode, instead of calling a timeout to reign them in, draw up a play to get an easy basket or an easy look we get NOTHING. That's the difference between No D'Antoni & the top coaches in the league. Hell, most coaches know how to draw up a solid play out of a timeout to get an easy basket for their team. We don't.

You have a point but we had 1 timeout left. MDA used the tv timeouts for adjustments. We were in striking distance down the stretch. If we used it we would have had no timeout left just in case we had a chance for one final play where we used the time out to bring the ball to halfcourt.

As for drawing up a play. Yes MDA is weak in this regard. He trust his system too much.

pat

Starter
Improvement? We used to beat the top teams while losing to the scrubs. Now we start losing against the top teams as well. I cannot see any improvement in that. We scored 86 points, obviously focussing on half court offence and running isos wont cut it. As far as I can see we now have got a team with which is not well designed. That's what happens if a fan (Dolan) makes crucial decision. Our floor spacing is poor, our offence is stagnant and both our superstars are not the type of players to grind out wins on the defensive end.

As much as I would like to be proven wrong in the remaining games and during the playoffs, we might have gutted the farm for a player who should not be on the team next year.

Knickerbocker201

Benchwarmer
Improvement? We used to beat the top teams while losing to the scrubs. Now we start losing against the top teams as well. I cannot see any improvement in that. We scored 86 points, obviously focussing on half court offence and running isos wont cut it. As far as I can see we now have got a team with which is not well designed. That's what happens if a fan (Dolan) makes crucial decision. Our floor spacing is poor, our offence is stagnant and both our superstars are not the type of players to grind out wins on the defensive end.

As much as I would like to be proven wrong in the remaining games and during the playoffs, we might have gutted the farm for a player who should not be on the team next year.

Yeah, that's true. Yesterdays game we were forcing up shots at the end.. or we were dribbling to much which led to the forced shots.. but the only problem I am noticing is what an above poster posted about us losing in the same fashion as years before... If you think back to when MDA first started we have always had problems closing games.. It is getting to a point where you have to blame the coach.. I do not like MDA yes I admit it but really think about it.. I am not saying its entirely his fault but we need to have a coach that calls a fu*king timeout when we start losing a lead.. A coach that doesn't take out players when they are hot.. I sometimes don't get what he is trying to do.. He plays Walker one second that relegates him to the bench.. He benches Mason Jr. then he hits three 3 pointers and now he is seeing playing time.. I don't understand his coaching philosophy..

iSaYughh

Starter
Aka MISTAKES.

Keeping this clueless coach would be more of a mistake. "I'll advised shots" were advised by a Euro ball coach. Get a f*cking clue.

You got more excuses than a pregnant teenager.
Guess what, you and MDA have run out of them!

Take your excuses to another team, please.

I'm waiting to see a quality coach in here, stop wasting our time with your blind support.

Doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results = insanity!

Excuses?

aka in Non-Red World,

Fact
Reality
Legitimate, provable consequences
NYK player assessment

We don't have a cohesive or consistent system; the recent roster upheaval weakened us defensively; and MDA is tinkering with systems and coaching to best get this group ready for the playoffs, which matters more than regular season games FYI.

Kinda like what he did early in the yr, when he raped most everyone's expectations for our team's performance even after a brutal start?

This was around when you owned yourself with a premature ejaculation about Your Verdict, only to now do a redux after the latest roster upheaval.

There will be a Red Self-Ownage Redux thread in due time.

I get it, tho, ur doing ur thing now and rallying the masses.

Just funny that u pick this loss to BOS as what's really galvanized u n the boys.

Me? I'm content to let MDA to continue to be your NYK coach will the franchise continues its ascent since he's been here, and let you noose yourself along the way with jank ass threads that later get bumped for your ownage pleasure.

Red

TYPE-A
I understand why you upset. But in keeping last night's game in a vaccum:

The Knicks, a team lacking offensive and defensive familiarity, lost to a team that has has won a championship and lost a game 7 in the NBA finals. You are not mad at this game alone. You mad at the Indiana, Detroit, and Bucks losses.

This offense was clicking in 3 quarters. So it works. Celtics adjusted and made a run. Its the NBA that happens. This team is working hard the past few games. (Bucks 1st qtr no excuse). They just dont know how to finish.

Celtics 4th qtr offense in the half court set looked just like the Knicks in the 1st half. Celtics did nothing different than the Knicks except for the discipline to stay committed to the game plan and that is built through time and trust.

MDA is on a hot seat and rightfully so. But this offense is gimmicky when the players are not disciplined. This offense is only gimmicky when no defense accompanies it. We will get there.

Oh my F*CKING LORD!!@!!!

You sound like a mom defending her son after getting beat up!

STOP.

Don't you hear yourself? Were you born last night? Please Look back and notce all the f*cking EXCUSES for everything wron with this team. An excuse when we lose to bad teams, an excuse when welose to good teams

EVERTHING BUT THE MOST LOGICAL AND SIMPLE EXPLANATIONS....

THE COACH IS TRYING to INSTILL EUROBALL AND IT IS LIMITED.

He is mostly ACCOUNTABLE, AND MOST LOGIACLLY THE WEAK POINT OF THIS TEAM. THE COACH, HIS APPROACH, AND LACK OF SKILLS FOR THIS DAYS nba.

How f*cking hard is that?

Red

TYPE-A
Excuses?

aka in Non-Red World,

Fact
Reality
Legitimate, provable consequences
NYK player assessment

We don't have a cohesive or consistent system; the recent roster upheaval weakened us defensively; and MDA is tinkering with systems and coaching to best get this group ready for the playoffs, which matters more than regular season games FYI.

Kinda like what he did early in the yr, when he raped most everyone's expectations for our team's performance even after a brutal start?

This was around when you owned yourself with a premature ejaculation about Your Verdict, only to now do a redux after the latest roster upheaval.

There will be a Red Self-Ownage Redux thread in due time.

I get it, tho, ur doing ur thing now and rallying the masses.

Just funny that u pick this loss to BOS as what's really galvanized u n the boys.

Me? I'm content to let MDA to continue to be your NYK coach will the franchise continues its ascent since he's been here, and let you noose yourself along the way with jank ass threads that later get bumped for your ownage pleasure.

You would be.

You could never f*ck with me, not in cyberspace or otherwise. Until I see a TOP defensive team WHICH IS WHAT THE MEASURE OF THIS LIMITED EUROBALL SCHMUCK should be, whatever your point is- is futile.

I tried your weak approach, I was patient, I chilled and waited,

But guess what? That just ain't me. I demand better and am tired of hearing from mediocre viewpoints.

Say something to illustrate your knowledge of basketball, or shut the f*ck up. We know your full of support, show us YOUR bbiq.

KBlack25

Starter
Christ Red...

I understand you have a viewpoint but getting angry, cursing and insulting people is no way to get it across (including you calling MDA a homophobic slur in your other thread your buddies are praising).

A word of advice: if you speak nicely to people rather than speaking down to them and cursing them out, you might be able to have a more rational and intelligent debate here. The way you talk sometimes makes you sound like a lunatic that is dumber than you actually are.

Red

TYPE-A
Christ Red...

I understand you have a viewpoint but getting angry, cursing and insulting people is no way to get it across (including you calling MDA a homophobic slur in your other thread your buddies are praising).

A word of advice: if you speak nicely to people rather than speaking down to them and cursing them out, you might be able to have a more rational and intelligent debate here. The way you talk sometimes makes you sound like a lunatic that is dumber than you actually are.

Black, my calling MDA a faggot wasn't in reference to his sexuality, it was slang, ok beautiful mind?

Sorry if I offended you, but I have no idea about your sexual preference, and really don't f*cking care.

Since you want to have an intelligent discussion please answer these simple questions:

1. Mike D's philosophy is to hurry up court, and take a shot before the D gets set. Added, he feels, "open" three pointers at an increased rate, not only will nullify the standard low % chances of making such shots, but will lead to unmatchable offensive points. Do you agree with this, yes or no?

2. MDA is KNOWN for lack of championship defense from everyones observations of actual games and data.
Considering the defensive statistics are an obvious indicator of being competitive- is it fair to rate this coach on his ability to take a team to a TOP TEN Ranking, being that that's his weak point? Yes or No?

Now real quick let me say again my personality type has no room for excuses. I'm the boss who says either get it done, or I'll find someone who can. I'm about results and not the mediocre ones.

Understand... this is our WINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY. THE TIME IS NOW! IM not about to let this f*cking coach, who believes he can make the wheel MORE round, f*ck this up. Nope not me.

Either get it done, or get the f*ck out. I (we) have waited far too long to settle for mediocrity.

KBlack25

Starter
Black, my calling MDA a faggot wasn't in reference to his sexuality, it was slang, ok beautiful mind?

Sorry if I offended you, but I have no idea about your sexual preference, and really don't f*cking care.

Since you want to have an intelligent discussion please answer these simple questions:

1. Mike D's philosophy is to hurry up court, and take a shot before the D gets set. Added, he feels, "open" three pointers at an increased rate, not only will nullify the standard low % chances of making such shots, but will lead to unmatchable offensive points. Do you agree with this, yes or no?

2. MDA is KNOWN for lack of championship defense from everyones observations of actual games and data.
Considering the defensive statistics are an obvious indicator of being competitive- is it fair to rate this coach on his ability to take a team to a TOP TEN Ranking, being that that's his weak point? Yes or No?

Now real quick let me say again my personality type has no room for excuses. I'm the boss who says either get it done, or I'll find someone who can. I'm about results and not the mediocre ones.

Understand... this is our WINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY. THE TIME IS NOW! IM not about to let this f*cking coach, who believes he can make the wheel MORE round, f*ck this up. Nope not me.

Either get it done, or get the f*ck out. I (we) have waited far too long to settle for mediocrity.

I'm straight as an arrow, but that doesn't mean that slangs aren't offensive. I'm not black either, but wouldn't stand for some white person calling a black person the N-Word. You have your opinions, I have mine, and everyone has their own...but I'm just telling you that a barrage of curses and hate speech makes you sound dumb, that's all.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
You would be.

You could never f*ck with me, not in cyberspace or otherwise. Until I see a TOP defensive team WHICH IS WHAT THE MEASURE OF THIS LIMITED EUROBALL SCHMUCK should be, whatever your point is- is futile.

I tried your weak approach, I was patient, I chilled and waited,

But guess what? That just ain't me. I demand better and am tired of hearing from mediocre viewpoints.

Say something to illustrate your knowledge of basketball, or shut the f*ck up. We know your full of support, show us YOUR bbiq.

You're going to have get quiet (ie shut the fack up) and get back on the bandwagon again Red.

Sayugh's right you just owned yourself again.

The Knicks MUST make the playoffs. That is all.. If MDA accomplishes that he gets another season. So simple.

Red

TYPE-A
You're going to have get quiet (ie shut the fack up) and get back on the bandwagon again Red.

Sayugh's right you just owned yourself again.

The Knicks MUST make the playoffs. That is all.. If MDA accomplishes that he gets another season. So simple.

Just owned myself...

Ronfarina...

yo did you figure out no one respects a d*ck rider like yourself? Huh?

With that language, and your above co-signing (as usual), along with your inability to do nothing but praise

you are EXACTLY the type of person I would fire. Not even worth some advice to increase your lame a$$ swagger.

YOU'RE FIRED!

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Just owned myself...

Ronfarina...

yo did you figure out no one respects a d*ck rider like yourself? Huh?

With that language, and your above co-signing (as usual), along with your inability to do nothing but praise

you are EXACTLY the type of person I would fire. Not even worth some advice to increase your lame a$$ swagger.

YOU'RE FIRED!

And what do call your bitchass tirade?? This aint swagger holmes..

And your defensiveness ;-)

Sensitive much??

History tends to repeat itself my dude. I see that happening here.. I called you on this back at the beginning of the season. You haven't learned anything since then.

skisloper

Starter
Every other thread now is how D'antonio sucks

OR

this one on one childish back and forth argument...

As bad as the knicks look anyone coming to check out the knicks fan site will read these arguments and think we are all losers.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Maybe Knicks fans are never happy....

It takes years to build a winner guys..... You can't just throw the ingredients together and shazzam not unlike when you bake a cake.... You gotta put it in the oven and let it rise...

We have two of the top ten scorers in the league in their primes inked locked in wearing Knicks orange and blue...

We are gonna be in the playoffs this year and for YEARS to come...

We are back on national tv

Did last nights loss hurt??? Yes. But I'm dusting off old Knicks gear representing that I haven't worn in years and breaking in new stuff.... We are back guys for the long haul... Trades are like draft picks.... it takes years... not days to judge them....

Stop arguing like little ****** and get ready for the Playoffs!!!

(And Blumatic gets a rep point for starting the thread)

johnnyrose

Benchwarmer
I'm watching the bulls right now, and it upsets me.
This is a team that won 40 or 41 games last year, and now probably on their way to 60 wins or more.

They blew out The kings yesterday by 40 in chicago, Something the knicks couldn't do at MSG before the pre-melo trade . Now they're blowing out the atlanta hawks ! This team is playing like mad men, If we face them. It will probably be an embarassment.

Yeah, I know we're a new team. 16 games in, and it's excuses after excuses. I saw nothing positive about losing for the 100th time.
I just get depressed with this team, I really do.
I see the Chicago, miami, orlando, boston..And I just wonder are we ever going to be that good..Ever ! I'm sick of it always being us who are the laughing stock of the nba, or other teams improving. while we just watch them from the effing house again..So what's it going to be knick fans ?

Another Chicago team dominating for the next 5 years and miami in back of them. I hope to god we get better and surprise teams next season, hopefully. But I am tired of the nonsense we been enslaved to. And there's no way I'm saying we are back..Until we show some heart and effort, Something I haven't seen with this team of late.

Last edited:

Blumatic

Rotation player
Oh my F*CKING LORD!!@!!!

You sound like a mom defending her son after getting beat up!

STOP.

Don't you hear yourself? Were you born last night? Please Look back and notce all the f*cking EXCUSES for everything wron with this team. An excuse when we lose to bad teams, an excuse when welose to good teams

EVERTHING BUT THE MOST LOGICAL AND SIMPLE EXPLANATIONS....

THE COACH IS TRYING to INSTILL EUROBALL AND IT IS LIMITED.

He is mostly ACCOUNTABLE, AND MOST LOGIACLLY THE WEAK POINT OF THIS TEAM. THE COACH, HIS APPROACH, AND LACK OF SKILLS FOR THIS DAYS nba.

How f*cking hard is that?

Wow ok. The cursing. We got a different ways of viewing things then. Then you insult me.

Really? How old are you? Im having a grown man conversation. Im not the one sounding like a kid. I dont write in caps dude.

I know MDA has his faults. But I know we not winning a championship with this team this year so Im not sweating it. Im not married to him. I know what I see out there. And there are so many interpretation of what happened. And all of us could be right. But I can respect your opinion. And I do. Its a shame you took this route with this unnecessary language.

Dont even try to write that you hurt my feelings and write anything else of the like cuz I know thats your next move. Two Words.....Man Up.

Blumatic

Rotation player
Every other thread now is how D'antonio sucks

OR

this one on one childish back and forth argument...

As bad as the knicks look anyone coming to check out the knicks fan site will read these arguments and think we are all losers.

I agree wholeheartedly.

If there is any positive about this.....We have the most loyal and passionate fans in the world.

NYK ALL DAY AND TOMORROW BABY!!!!

Blumatic

Rotation player
This is a team that won 40 or 41 games last year, and now probably on their way to 60 wins or more.

They blew out The kings yesterday by 40 in chicago, Something the knicks couldn't do at MSG before the pre-melo trade . Now they're blowing out the atlanta hawks ! This team is playing like mad men, If we face them. It will probably an embarassment.

Yeah, I know we're a new team. 16 games in and it's excuses after excuses. I saw nothing positive about losing for the 100th time.
I see the Chicago, miami, orlando, boston..And I just wonder are we ever going to be that good..Ever ! I'm sick of it always being us who are the laughing stock of the nba, or other teams improving. while we just watch them from the effing house again..So what's it going to be knick fans ?

Another Chicago team dominating the for the next 5 years, and miami in back of them. I hope to god we get better and surprise teams next season, hopefully. But I am tired of the nonsense we been enslaved to.

Yea man I know. It gets to me too. But I think the Bulls are more of a Cleveland Cavalier team than The Boston Celtics.

Most teams would kill to have what we have in STAT and Melo. We just need size (Deandre Jordan seems likely cuz Sterling never pays or keeps his players). We just need a scorer off the bench and some rugged goonies/thugs/enforcers to round out the team.

miked1958

Rotation player
People forget

They blew out The kings yesterday by 40 in chicago, Something the knicks couldn't do at MSG before the pre-melo trade . Now they're blowing out the atlanta hawks ! This team is playing like mad men, If we face them. It will probably an embarassment.

Yeah, I know we're a new team. 16 games in and it's excuses after excuses. I saw nothing positive about losing for the 100th time.

Another Chicago team dominating the for the next 5 years, and miami in back of them. I hope to god we get better and surprise teams next season, hopefully. But I am tired of the nonsense we been enslaved to.

Also many people forget that the Bulls were one of the LeBron finalists just like we were and they were devastated that he didnt go there. they got boozer as an afterthought kinka like we got amare. They already had a good team and were still trying to land Lebron. Can you imagine that team with James. They may be like you say the dominate team over next 5yrs but with james they would have been just as good as in the jordon years. they have arrived and gelled. we may have another year or 2 of growing pains