Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bad loss....but huge steps have been taken forward

Celtics scored on Knick turnovers and ill advised shots. Billiups and Melo did not know what to do. STAT was not involved.
    Aka MISTAKES.

Keeping this clueless coach would be more of a mistake. "I'll advised shots" were advised by a Euro ball coach. Get a f*cking clue.

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Ya. I don't think that unmistakable Met stink is in the Garden.

One reason we look whack is bc I'm pretty sure MDA just wants us to be primed the day playoffs start.

Our non-commitment to a legit system of play, especially offensively, is a result of this closing weeks experimentation process to be able to most confidently have a game plan we can consider our best bet, for our players to ultimately perform at their best.

I'm still waiting to see

BigShot
    Douglas
    Fields
    Melo
    Amare

I wanna see how Billups/Douglas tag team on court can effect our game flow, and versatility in tempo.
    You got more excuses than a pregnant teenager.
    Guess what, you and MDA have run out of them!

Take your excuses to another team, please.

I'm waiting to see a quality coach in here, stop wasting our time with your blind support.

Doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results = insanity!

I don't know why people are so angry. For the first time since the Miami game we showed some spirit and fight. It was a loss yes, but one where we left the court with our heads up high. Boston is still the team to beat in the east so no big shame to lose against them.

I would have gone beserk had we shown the same BS performance like we did against Indiana, Milwaukee, Detroit, Cleveland, Sacramento etc.

But we didn't and that's something positive for the moment.

You can't demand more than effort and our players showed great effort last night. If you lose - you lose it happens.

What's unacceptable though is to play like idiots and lose against every below .400 team. That's what annoys me.

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    I don't know why people are so angry. For the first time since the Miami game we showed some spirit and fight. It was a loss yes, but one where we left the court with our heads up high. Boston is still the team to beat in the east so no big shame to lose against them.

I would have gone beserk had we shown the same BS performance like we did against Indiana, Milwaukee, Detroit, Cleveland, Sacramento etc.

But we didn't and that's something positive for the moment.

You can't demand more than effort and our players showed great effort last night. If you lose - you lose it happens.

What's unacceptable though is to play like idiots and lose against every below .400 team. That's what annoys me.
    We also got out to an early lead and did absolutely nothing to maintain it thru the end of the game. I've seen the 08-09 Knicks do that, the 09-10 Knicks do it, and now this Knicks team is doing it pre-Melo and post-Melo.

**** spirit and fight to only lose in the same fashion that this team has lost in the past 2+ seasons.

If every single relationship you get into ends because of excessive arguments...are you gonna blame every single chick you were with, or do you look in the mirror and say "dawg....you gotta correct some **** here..." Are people really that unable to recognize patterns and discern what's causing it? DO NOT patronize me and talk about "if you lose...you lose, it happens" do NOT talk about the team's effort when it's being misguided....you can study your ass off for that psych test on 3-parts of the psyche....but if that test is about personality disorders...then you're **** outta luck aren't you? Are you gonna run to the professor and say "but I worked sooooo harrrrrrrrrd to prepare for this other material" they. don't. give. a. ****. And neither do I. The players can be playing their asses off, and if the coach wants them to do things that fundamentally will not hold up in the NBA....now what?

I watched the Knicks rosters devoid of talent in 08-09, and last season, get out to decent leads...and do nothing to hold onto them because of a mixture of scheme and coaching. Shouldn't you throw SSOL out the ****ing window when you have a lead late in the game? If the whole premise of the system is to create extra possessions, why would that ever be a good thing going down the stretch with an 8-10 point lead? How come I see other teams trying to use more of the shot clock in those situations and yet the Knicks are still running the same ****ing plays over, and over, and over, and over, and over to get early perimeter shots? The ****?

I mean...some of this **** isn't even specific to basketball...In football, if you have a lead late in the game, what do you do? You play possession ball. Run the rock, eat the clock, make the other team use their timeouts. In basketball, you wear down the shot clock, get the best shots you can, play defense, rebound, protect the ball and don't foul. Instead the Knicks, with all the effort in the world, get down the court quickly, get a shot up quickly, don't get the rebound, and try their asses off to get back on D, but fail.

WHAT. IS. THAT. ****???

The same things were readily apparent during the years of roster purging, but people were too busy blaming losses on the lack of talent on the roster (which was a legit excuse) but there were still some disgusting tendencies being displayed on the court. But I guess that means nothing right?

Superstar

Originally Posted by Red
    Aka MISTAKES.

Keeping this clueless coach would be more of a mistake. "I'll advised shots" were advised by a Euro ball coach. Get a f*cking clue.

I'm waiting to see a quality coach in here, stop wasting our time with your blind support.

I understand why you upset. But in keeping last night's game in a vaccum:

The Knicks, a team lacking offensive and defensive familiarity, lost to a team that has has won a championship and lost a game 7 in the NBA finals. You are not mad at this game alone. You mad at the Indiana, Detroit, and Bucks losses.

This offense was clicking in 3 quarters. So it works. Celtics adjusted and made a run. Its the NBA that happens. This team is working hard the past few games. (Bucks 1st qtr no excuse). They just dont know how to finish.

Celtics 4th qtr offense in the half court set looked just like the Knicks in the 1st half. Celtics did nothing different than the Knicks except for the discipline to stay committed to the game plan and that is built through time and trust.

MDA is on a hot seat and rightfully so. But this offense is gimmicky when the players are not disciplined. This offense is only gimmicky when no defense accompanies it. We will get there.

Originally Posted by miked1958
    Celts held us to 4 points over final seven and a half minutes. We are supposed to be one of the highest scoring teams in the NBA and were held to 86 points and almost nothing in 2nd half. 17 and 18 points i think. Thats what a really good Defensive team can do to a great offense. They can shut you down when they have to. We cant do that. We let teams like the Cavs pacers buck, and pistons score at WILL on us.
    So that is the biggest thing, we saw last night a little sample of what will happen to us in the Playoffs. In the playoffs its a whole different game, everything slows down and it becomes very defensive type ball. We wont be able to stop anyone but they will be able to shut us out for long periods of time. That will translate to some UGLY Losses. You will have some 105-72 or 99-67 type losses. Bad and very embarrassing. BUt unless we can learn to shut teams down on D, there is no way to stop that from happening. just a matter of time
    Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    We also got out to an early lead and did absolutely nothing to maintain it thru the end of the game. I've seen the 08-09 Knicks do that, the 09-10 Knicks do it, and now this Knicks team is doing it pre-Melo and post-Melo.

**** spirit and fight to only lose in the same fashion that this team has lost in the past 2+ seasons.

If every single relationship you get into ends because of excessive arguments...are you gonna blame every single chick you were with, or do you look in the mirror and say "dawg....you gotta correct some **** here..." Are people really that unable to recognize patterns and discern what's causing it? DO NOT patronize me and talk about "if you lose...you lose, it happens" do NOT talk about the team's effort when it's being misguided....you can study your ass off for that psych test on 3-parts of the psyche....but if that test is about personality disorders...then you're **** outta luck aren't you? Are you gonna run to the professor and say "but I worked sooooo harrrrrrrrrd to prepare for this other material" they. don't. give. a. ****. And neither do I. The players can be playing their asses off, and if the coach wants them to do things that fundamentally will not hold up in the NBA....now what?

I watched the Knicks rosters devoid of talent in 08-09, and last season, get out to decent leads...and do nothing to hold onto them because of a mixture of scheme and coaching. Shouldn't you throw SSOL out the ****ing window when you have a lead late in the game? If the whole premise of the system is to create extra possessions, why would that ever be a good thing going down the stretch with an 8-10 point lead? How come I see other teams trying to use more of the shot clock in those situations and yet the Knicks are still running the same ****ing plays over, and over, and over, and over, and over to get early perimeter shots? The ****?

I mean...some of this **** isn't even specific to basketball...In football, if you have a lead late in the game, what do you do? You play possession ball. Run the rock, eat the clock, make the other team use their timeouts. In basketball, you wear down the shot clock, get the best shots you can, play defense, rebound, protect the ball and don't foul. Instead the Knicks, with all the effort in the world, get down the court quickly, get a shot up quickly, don't get the rebound, and try their asses off to get back on D, but fail.

WHAT. IS. THAT. ****???

The same things were readily apparent during the years of roster purging, but people were too busy blaming losses on the lack of talent on the roster (which was a legit excuse) but there were still some disgusting tendencies being displayed on the court. But I guess that means nothing right?
    Quoted both posts for truth right here!!! We lost a game we should've won. There's NO silver lining in that dark cloud IMO. We're losing the exact same way in most games. It's obvious we have an inept coach. When the team is in panic mode, instead of calling a timeout to reign them in, draw up a play to get an easy basket or an easy look we get NOTHING. That's the difference between No D'Antoni & the top coaches in the league. Hell, most coaches know how to draw up a solid play out of a timeout to get an easy basket for their team. We don't.

Superstar

Originally Posted by knicksman20
    Quoted both posts for truth right here!!! We lost a game we should've won. There's NO silver lining in that dark cloud IMO. We're losing the exact same way in most games. It's obvious we have an inept coach. When the team is in panic mode, instead of calling a timeout to reign them in, draw up a play to get an easy basket or an easy look we get NOTHING. That's the difference between No D'Antoni & the top coaches in the league. Hell, most coaches know how to draw up a solid play out of a timeout to get an easy basket for their team. We don't.
    You have a point but we had 1 timeout left. MDA used the tv timeouts for adjustments. We were in striking distance down the stretch. If we used it we would have had no timeout left just in case we had a chance for one final play where we used the time out to bring the ball to halfcourt.

As for drawing up a play. Yes MDA is weak in this regard. He trust his system too much.

Improvement? We used to beat the top teams while losing to the scrubs. Now we start losing against the top teams as well. I cannot see any improvement in that. We scored 86 points, obviously focussing on half court offence and running isos wont cut it. As far as I can see we now have got a team with which is not well designed. That's what happens if a fan (Dolan) makes crucial decision. Our floor spacing is poor, our offence is stagnant and both our superstars are not the type of players to grind out wins on the defensive end.

As much as I would like to be proven wrong in the remaining games and during the playoffs, we might have gutted the farm for a player who should not be on the team next year.

Originally Posted by pat
    Improvement? We used to beat the top teams while losing to the scrubs. Now we start losing against the top teams as well. I cannot see any improvement in that. We scored 86 points, obviously focussing on half court offence and running isos wont cut it. As far as I can see we now have got a team with which is not well designed. That's what happens if a fan (Dolan) makes crucial decision. Our floor spacing is poor, our offence is stagnant and both our superstars are not the type of players to grind out wins on the defensive end.

As much as I would like to be proven wrong in the remaining games and during the playoffs, we might have gutted the farm for a player who should not be on the team next year.
    Yeah, that's true. Yesterdays game we were forcing up shots at the end.. or we were dribbling to much which led to the forced shots.. but the only problem I am noticing is what an above poster posted about us losing in the same fashion as years before... If you think back to when MDA first started we have always had problems closing games.. It is getting to a point where you have to blame the coach.. I do not like MDA yes I admit it but really think about it.. I am not saying its entirely his fault but we need to have a coach that calls a fu*king timeout when we start losing a lead.. A coach that doesn't take out players when they are hot.. I sometimes don't get what he is trying to do.. He plays Walker one second that relegates him to the bench.. He benches Mason Jr. then he hits three 3 pointers and now he is seeing playing time.. I don't understand his coaching philosophy..

Veteran

Originally Posted by Red
    Aka MISTAKES.

Excuses?

aka in Non-Red World,

Fact
    Reality
    Legitimate, provable consequences
    NYK player assessment

We don't have a cohesive or consistent system; the recent roster upheaval weakened us defensively; and MDA is tinkering with systems and coaching to best get this group ready for the playoffs, which matters more than regular season games FYI.

Kinda like what he did early in the yr, when he raped most everyone's expectations for our team's performance even after a brutal start?

This was around when you owned yourself with a premature ejaculation about Your Verdict, only to now do a redux after the latest roster upheaval.

There will be a Red Self-Ownage Redux thread in due time.

I get it, tho, ur doing ur thing now and rallying the masses.

Just funny that u pick this loss to BOS as what's really galvanized u n the boys.

Me? I'm content to let MDA to continue to be your NYK coach will the franchise continues its ascent since he's been here, and let you noose yourself along the way with jank ass threads that later get bumped for your ownage pleasure.

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Blumatic
    I understand why you upset. But in keeping last night's game in a vaccum:

The Knicks, a team lacking offensive and defensive familiarity, lost to a team that has has won a championship and lost a game 7 in the NBA finals. You are not mad at this game alone. You mad at the Indiana, Detroit, and Bucks losses.

This offense was clicking in 3 quarters. So it works. Celtics adjusted and made a run. Its the NBA that happens. This team is working hard the past few games. (Bucks 1st qtr no excuse). They just dont know how to finish.

Celtics 4th qtr offense in the half court set looked just like the Knicks in the 1st half. Celtics did nothing different than the Knicks except for the discipline to stay committed to the game plan and that is built through time and trust.

MDA is on a hot seat and rightfully so. But this offense is gimmicky when the players are not disciplined. This offense is only gimmicky when no defense accompanies it. We will get there.

Oh my F*CKING LORD!!@!!!

You sound like a mom defending her son after getting beat up!

STOP.

Don't you hear yourself? Were you born last night? Please Look back and notce all the f*cking EXCUSES for everything wron with this team. An excuse when we lose to bad teams, an excuse when welose to good teams

EVERTHING BUT THE MOST LOGICAL AND SIMPLE EXPLANATIONS....

THE COACH IS TRYING to INSTILL EUROBALL AND IT IS LIMITED.

He is mostly ACCOUNTABLE, AND MOST LOGIACLLY THE WEAK POINT OF THIS TEAM. THE COACH, HIS APPROACH, AND LACK OF SKILLS FOR THIS DAYS nba.

How f*cking hard is that?

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Excuses?

aka in Non-Red World,

Fact
    Reality
    Legitimate, provable consequences
    NYK player assessment

We don't have a cohesive or consistent system; the recent roster upheaval weakened us defensively; and MDA is tinkering with systems and coaching to best get this group ready for the playoffs, which matters more than regular season games FYI.

Kinda like what he did early in the yr, when he raped most everyone's expectations for our team's performance even after a brutal start?

This was around when you owned yourself with a premature ejaculation about Your Verdict, only to now do a redux after the latest roster upheaval.

There will be a Red Self-Ownage Redux thread in due time.

I get it, tho, ur doing ur thing now and rallying the masses.

Just funny that u pick this loss to BOS as what's really galvanized u n the boys.

Me? I'm content to let MDA to continue to be your NYK coach will the franchise continues its ascent since he's been here, and let you noose yourself along the way with jank ass threads that later get bumped for your ownage pleasure.
    You would be.

You could never f*ck with me, not in cyberspace or otherwise. Until I see a TOP defensive team WHICH IS WHAT THE MEASURE OF THIS LIMITED EUROBALL SCHMUCK should be, whatever your point is- is futile.

I tried your weak approach, I was patient, I chilled and waited,

But guess what? That just ain't me. I demand better and am tired of hearing from mediocre viewpoints.

Say something to illustrate your knowledge of basketball, or shut the f*ck up. We know your full of support, show us YOUR bbiq.

Christ Red...

I understand you have a viewpoint but getting angry, cursing and insulting people is no way to get it across (including you calling MDA a homophobic slur in your other thread your buddies are praising).

A word of advice: if you speak nicely to people rather than speaking down to them and cursing them out, you might be able to have a more rational and intelligent debate here. The way you talk sometimes makes you sound like a lunatic that is dumber than you actually are.

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Christ Red...

I understand you have a viewpoint but getting angry, cursing and insulting people is no way to get it across (including you calling MDA a homophobic slur in your other thread your buddies are praising).

A word of advice: if you speak nicely to people rather than speaking down to them and cursing them out, you might be able to have a more rational and intelligent debate here. The way you talk sometimes makes you sound like a lunatic that is dumber than you actually are.
    Black, my calling MDA a faggot wasn't in reference to his sexuality, it was slang, ok beautiful mind?

Sorry if I offended you, but I have no idea about your sexual preference, and really don't f*cking care.

Since you want to have an intelligent discussion please answer these simple questions:

1. Mike D's philosophy is to hurry up court, and take a shot before the D gets set. Added, he feels, "open" three pointers at an increased rate, not only will nullify the standard low % chances of making such shots, but will lead to unmatchable offensive points. Do you agree with this, yes or no?

2. MDA is KNOWN for lack of championship defense from everyones observations of actual games and data.
    Considering the defensive statistics are an obvious indicator of being competitive- is it fair to rate this coach on his ability to take a team to a TOP TEN Ranking, being that that's his weak point? Yes or No?

Now real quick let me say again my personality type has no room for excuses. I'm the boss who says either get it done, or I'll find someone who can. I'm about results and not the mediocre ones.

Understand... this is our WINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY. THE TIME IS NOW! IM not about to let this f*cking coach, who believes he can make the wheel MORE round, f*ck this up. Nope not me.

Either get it done, or get the f*ck out. I (we) have waited far too long to settle for mediocrity.

Originally Posted by Red
    Black, my calling MDA a faggot wasn't in reference to his sexuality, it was slang, ok beautiful mind?

Sorry if I offended you, but I have no idea about your sexual preference, and really don't f*cking care.

Since you want to have an intelligent discussion please answer these simple questions:

1. Mike D's philosophy is to hurry up court, and take a shot before the D gets set. Added, he feels, "open" three pointers at an increased rate, not only will nullify the standard low % chances of making such shots, but will lead to unmatchable offensive points. Do you agree with this, yes or no?

2. MDA is KNOWN for lack of championship defense from everyones observations of actual games and data.
    Considering the defensive statistics are an obvious indicator of being competitive- is it fair to rate this coach on his ability to take a team to a TOP TEN Ranking, being that that's his weak point? Yes or No?

Now real quick let me say again my personality type has no room for excuses. I'm the boss who says either get it done, or I'll find someone who can. I'm about results and not the mediocre ones.

Understand... this is our WINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY. THE TIME IS NOW! IM not about to let this f*cking coach, who believes he can make the wheel MORE round, f*ck this up. Nope not me.

Either get it done, or get the f*ck out. I (we) have waited far too long to settle for mediocrity.
    I'm straight as an arrow, but that doesn't mean that slangs aren't offensive. I'm not black either, but wouldn't stand for some white person calling a black person the N-Word. You have your opinions, I have mine, and everyone has their own...but I'm just telling you that a barrage of curses and hate speech makes you sound dumb, that's all.

Originally Posted by Red
    You would be.

You could never f*ck with me, not in cyberspace or otherwise. Until I see a TOP defensive team WHICH IS WHAT THE MEASURE OF THIS LIMITED EUROBALL SCHMUCK should be, whatever your point is- is futile.

I tried your weak approach, I was patient, I chilled and waited,

But guess what? That just ain't me. I demand better and am tired of hearing from mediocre viewpoints.

Say something to illustrate your knowledge of basketball, or shut the f*ck up. We know your full of support, show us YOUR bbiq.
    You're going to have get quiet (ie shut the fack up) and get back on the bandwagon again Red.

Sayugh's right you just owned yourself again.

The Knicks MUST make the playoffs. That is all.. If MDA accomplishes that he gets another season. So simple.