Billups: I hope to be a Knick in 2012

Chauncey Billups said late Monday night that he?s hoping to remain with the New York Knicks next season and ?going forward.?

Billups? contract contains a team option for 2011-2012 for $14.2 million. The Knicks can pick up the option or buy Billups out for $3.7 million.

?I haven?t ruled anything out. Obviously, I?m hoping to be a New York Knick next year and going forward after that. But I can only control so much,? Billups said.

Billups said that his agent, Andy Miller, has had preliminary conversations with team president and general manager Donnie Walsh about Billups? future with the club.

Walsh has said in the past that he would not rule out signing Billups to an extension.

Miller said on Monday that all options, including Billups? re-signing with the Knicks, remain on the table. The agent stressed that he hasn?t had any specific conversations with Billups to gauge his feelings on his basketball future.

?I think everything?s open,? Miller said before the Knicks? 96-86 loss to Boston on Monday. ?I don?t think we should shut the door on any possibilities. That?s what I?d advise Chauncey if I we were to sit have a more specific conversation, which I expect to have.?

Miller said Billups, 34, wants to play at least another five years.

The Knicks are believed to be interested in pursuing point guards Deron Williams and Chris Paul, both of whom can test free-agency in the summer of 2012.

New York acquired Billups in the three-team, 13-player deal which sent Carmelo Anthony to the Knicks. The team is just 7-9 since the trade. Billups, a 13-year veteran, recently returned from a six-game absence due to a deep left thigh bruise.

Billups is averaging 18.6 points and 5.4 assists in nine games with the Knicks this year

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/3528/billups-i-hope-to-be-a-knick-in-2012

Sorry Chauncey but you're too old for $14 million.

I'd rather start Douglas at this point and draft Kemba Walker, Jimmer Fredette or Brandon Knight.

We could use those $14 million on a center and a rebounder or a center and a shooter.

platnumn

Benchwarmer
Sorry Chauncey but you're too old for $14 million.

I'd rather start Douglas at this point and draft Kemba Walker, Jimmer Fredette or Brandon Knight.

We could use those $14 million on a center and a rebounder or a center and a shooter.

Not drafting any of those guys.

I'm sure Chauncey will take less, ball don't lie.