The Knicks Problem RIght Now...

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I honestly think the Knicks are missing Ray Felton and his loss is the biggest reason why we are struggling. Simply put, Billups may hit the occasional big shot but he is not running our offense with any type of consistency or fluidity. He turns the ball over at crucial times but the biggest problem is where he is getting Amare the ball. This leads to Amare being less effective and more turn over prone than he should be. I hope this changes as he acclimates to NYC since I noticed the same thing with Felton before he emerged as a competent floor general.

No.

If anyone we're missing Wilson Chandler.

Toney Douglas has been better than Felton in the couple of games he's started in Billup's absence.

Our only mistake in the trade IMO was letting Felton go for Billups.

We wouldn't have as much chemistry issues with Felton playing PG right now because all we would have to do is mesh Melo in the offense. But now we're playing with a completely new PG.

Red

TYPE-A
I honestly think the Knicks are missing Ray Felton and his loss is the biggest reason why we are struggling. Simply put, Billups may hit the occasional big shot but he is not running our offense with any type of consistency or fluidity. He turns the ball over at crucial times but the biggest problem is where he is getting Amare the ball. This leads to Amare being less effective and more turn over prone than he should be. I hope this changes as he acclimates to NYC since I noticed the same thing with Felton before he emerged as a competent floor general.

THE COACH
THE SCHEME
THE FLAWED APPROACH
LACK OF MOTIVATION
LACK OF CONSISTENCY
LACK OF QUALITY SHOTS
POOR DECISION MAKING
LACK OF ABILITY TO CLOSE OUT
LACK OF DEFENSIVE PRESENCE
LACK OF A QUALITY GAME PLAN
POOR USE OF VETERAN PERSONEL
FAULTY ENCOURAGEMENT TO TAKE LOW PERCENTAGE SHOTS
LACK OF OFF/DEF ACCOUNTABILITY
LACK OF LEADERSHIP
LACK OF CONTENGENCY PLAN

THE COACH
THE COACH
THE COACH

DID I MENTION...

THE COACH!

Give me a quality coach please, who can reduce these egregious mistakes, pronto!

diddy_nyc

Rookie
There was an interesting in the NY Times this morning regarding Melo. Ray Allen was dominant on his previous team averaging 26 ppg. When he arrived in Boston, that number dropped to 17 ppg. If Melo and Knicks want to win, he has to adjust for the team & not for himself. Guys like Melo, Lebron and D-Wade all want to win, but are these guys willing to give up the star status to do so? Allen, Pierce & Garnett have sacraficed there all stat's to compete as a team. The Knicks needs to come together now!!!!

TakMan

Rotation player
I'm inclined to agree with the thread message. Losing Felton left the Knicks with no point guard. They now have two combo guards and no-one to run the plays. Felton was no playmaking genius. He had a far less accurate shot than Billups, but he was a point guard. He looked for the pass, he requested movement, he ran plays. Right now what the Knicks are left with, is three ball hogs who will only apply effort if and when they see fit, no ball or pplayer movement, and a lack of tactical awareness due to the ream revolving around these so called superstars. A star plays for his team, not the other way round. Someone will need to sit the three of them down and explain that to them.

la2ny

Starter
Oh please. Everyone forgets so quickly how yall were bitchin bout Felt chuckin shots instead of feeding Amar'e. Then it was he never looks for anyone other than Amar'e. At the beginning of the year Ray had the exact same problemss Chauncey is having is it really that shocking? You guys I really don't understand. They are pretty much an AAU team till you figure out tendencies.

smokes

Huge Member
Oh please. Everyone forgets so quickly how yall were bitchin bout Felt chuckin shots instead of feeding Amar'e. Then it was he never looks for anyone other than Amar'e. At the beginning of the year Ray had the exact same problemss Chauncey is having is it really that shocking? You guys I really don't understand. They are pretty much an AAU team till you figure out tendencies.

Hallelujah someone who actually remembers things that weren't just to say I told you so....

Felton and Amare had god awful chemistry at the start of the season, Felton was playing like crap and half the forum was crying that we gave him 7 million per.

And although our offense is not running smoothly right now, I'd rather suffer more regular season games with crappy offense than go into the playoffs with this defense.

Hallelujah someone who actually remembers things that weren't just to say I told you so....

Felton and Amare had god awful chemistry at the start of the season, Felton was playing like crap and half the forum was crying that we gave him 7 million per.

And although our offense is not running smoothly right now, I'd rather suffer more regular season games with crappy offense than go into the playoffs with this defense.

I do miss Feltons young legs. Defenders abuse Chauncey's old knees coming around high screens, the help defense fronts him aggressively and he doesnt have the quickness to make them pay for it. This in turn ends up with Amare getting the ball way further than he'd like.

I actually appreciate what Steve Nash does night in / night out at age 37 heck of a lot more now.

STAT1

Starter

In general I agree that the backlash against the Melo trade is way overboard until people even see this team have a chance to gel. 2 weeks of games is not enough time for a PG to get fully accustomed to running this offense, Ray Felton did not look good at all after a full summer of practice & learning the plays I don't see how people can expect Chauncey Billups to be in synch w/a brand new set of teammates right out the gate. It will take time for guys to learn each others' tendencies especially in this system that's so PG centric. Ray Felton eventually developed into a 17 & 9 PG playing in this system, away from it he's back to being an 11 & 7 guy in Denver, & he's not half the player Chauncey has been his entire career, I find it a little mindboggling how people think Billups is what he is right now & there will be no improvement in his play after more time in this system.

KingCharles34

All Star

This right here....but i also agree with Trillion (and Red).

Billups might end up working out, Id like to see him start to fit in more the last 5 to 8 games. Id still prefer Felton over Billups with this team because hes more of a facilitator and a better defender.

And I partially agree with Red that SOME of the blame should go to Antoni, but i do also believe that some of the things you listed are on the players as well. It seemed as if you directed your list at Antoni, if it was directed at Antoni and the players then i apologize for gettin it twisted.

nyk_nyk

All Star

This is just an extension of the I don't like Billups thread made by the same poster. Is someone trying to launch a campaign against Mr. Big Shot?

And all while ignoring the coaching issue. :gony:

KBlack25

Starter
This is just an extension of the I don't like Billups thread made by the same poster. Is someone trying to launch a campaign against Mr. Big Shot?

And all while ignoring the coaching issue. :gony:

Why does there have to be only one issue? There can be multiple threads for multiple issues...there's already 1,432,679 (give or take) anti-MDA threads, yet you aren't posting in those saying how each one is an extension of the original.

Props to Trill for at least trying to bring up other issues besides the coach.

KBlack25

Starter
Hahahaha. The fact that someone has to "try to bring up other issues" says a lot about the one and only issue.

Coaching.

That or this website is populated mostly by extremely/overly reactionary, extremely loose-with-the-trigger-finger people. Which is the case on most message boards for any topic.

moneyg

Starter
That or this website is populated mostly by extremely/overly reactionary, extremely loose-with-the-trigger-finger people. Which is the case on most message boards for any topic.

give it up...aight..this coach is a bum....i cant see why anybody still supports this idiot...

he doesnt even practice as much as he should or conduct film sessions... thats the problem..he lazy..

all he does is stand there with his hand on his hips and goes into temper tantrums.. phil weeber seems the only guy on the bench thats mostly engaged with the players.. not O'antoni.. ive been to many games and i know what i c....

him and iverson would be a match made in heaven

KBlack25

Starter
give it up...aight..this coach is a bum....i cant see why anybody still supports this idiot...

he doesnt even practice as much as he should or conduct film sessions... thats the problem..he lazy..

all he does is stand there with his hand on his hips and goes into temper tantrums.. phil weeber seems the only guy on the bench thats mostly engaged with the players.. not O'antoni.. ive been to many games and i know what i c....

him and iverson would be a match made in heaven

Where are you seeing that he doesn't conduct film sessions?

http://realknicks.com/index.php/1-dantoni-happy-if-knicks-win-half-of-remaining-games-make-playoffs

http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=6240235&top

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/06/sports/basketball/06knicks.html

All I was responding to was the hypocrisy of someone calling out another poster for bringing up two threads sort of about the same thing when there are literally hundreds about the same thing (D'Antoni's skills, or lack thereof, as a coach) that he seems to support. People want to make new threads about how much they hate D'Antoni every day, fine. But then anyone else should be allowed to make multiple threads about the same topic. Equal rights...iight? :)