Bill Walker back to being not used again

finestrg

Rotation player
Why the heck not? This guy is much more than a three point shooter (and a lot of times he's instant offense).

I don't know man -- streaky shooter that plays swiss cheese D. Plus Mason Jr just started contributing outta nowhere recently. He's got a team option next year for a little over 900K and to be honest, I don't think I'd even pick that up..We can do better. I think he's gone..If Mason all of a sudden goes cold again, maybe he gets another crack.

The problem is we got too many guards and fowards but not enough bigs.. some guys are bound to get forgotten I guess. Especially when they all play just about the same way and don't provide anything different from the other.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
The problem is we got too many guards and fowards but not enough bigs.. some guys are bound to get forgotten I guess. Especially when they all play just about the same way and don't provide anything different from the other.

He's getting ripped off by D'Antoni playing Mason Jr. And where is Anthony Carter?

In the game against Miami, Walker made a statement for himself: "I can play D and rebound". He pulled down 6 boards in that game from the 2 and 3 spots, played standout defence against James and hit his shots.

How has this guy not earned his rotation spot? Jefferies came in and took it. We've been increasingly pathetic since.

D'Antoni's a dipshit.

la2ny

Starter
Crazy⑧s;169198 said:
He's getting ripped off by D'Antoni playing Mason Jr. And where is Anthony Carter?

In the game against Miami, Walker made a statement for himself: "I can play D and rebound". He pulled down 6 boards in that game from the 2 and 3 spots, played standout defence against James and hit his shots.

How has this guy not earned his rotation spot? Jefferies came in and took it. We've been increasingly pathetic since.

D'Antoni's a dipshit.
:agreed:Thank You!

This is what Im talking about. IDK if anyone has noticed, but we did play better when Carter and Walker were getting some meaningful minutes.

Knicksdabest

Benchwarmer
i kinda miss watching bill walker play.seems like he was finding his nitch in playing defense. that buzzer beater he had against miami was clutch/awesome. d'antoni is a fool so theres probably no way he will expand his rotation at this point and let masonjr+walker play.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
:agreed:Thank You!

This is what Im talking about. IDK if anyone has noticed, but we did play better when Carter and Walker were getting some meaningful minutes.

I don't understand it either. As individuals and team players on both ends, these guys were exceptional - Carter more so than Walker.

In a rush to adjust, D'Antoni has excluded them in a vein attempt to get results out of a new team.

One of a myriad of reasons that a comparably less talented team in Philadelphia has taken 6th, and we've become a high payroll -.500 team. Early stages of a new roster or no, that's inexplicable and inexcusable.

johnnyrose

Benchwarmer
I know, why isn't he playing, this is the problem I have with MDA. I just can't take it anymore..I really can't.

When the heck is this team going to get it..when ? I guess next year.

YungMelo15

Benchwarmer
I dont get it at ALL! Its not like we have a deep bench, EXPAND the rotation! AC and Bill are sparks off the bench.

NOOOO he wants to stick with JJ's no catching ass. BTW did anybody else see him AIRBALL ANOTHER 3 lastnight?

MusketeerX

Rotation player
I would like to see some burn fro Walker, too. Roger Mason is playing well, though. Billy can play the three every once in a while. When Melo goes to the bench.

TD/Billups, Roger Mason/Bill Walker/Landry, Shawne Williams/Bill Walker, Amar'e/Shawne Williams, Ronny/Amar'e/Jeffires.

petescud

Starter
Honestly I think if we had the right coach we would had won at least 50 games this year, and been better prepared for the playoffs. Yeah, chemistry this and that. Why isn't any other team making up excuses. Play ball and stop whinning

nyk_nyk

All Star
I don't understand how Mason Jr. got Walker's minutes. I don't ever recall Walker screwing things up and hurting the team in recent weeks. How do you go from major contributor in an emotional Heat win to bench warmer for someone that couldn't hit a shot all year and is still mediocre at best?

I KNOW by watching Walker in college and on this team that he has the ability to be the 2nd guard off the bench. He has so much ability that Dantoni will never realize. Walker is a slasher/attack the basket type player who finishes strong to the basket if given enough space. He's not easy to guard and isn't horrible defensively. You can bet Walker isn't high on MDA at this point either.

TakMan

Rotation player
Crazy⑧s;169198 said:

D'Antoni's a dipshit.

I seem to recall the entire team playing solid Defence during the Miami game. Walker got plenty of minutes in the two games that followed and really didn't demonstrate any of the attributes he displayed in the Miami game. Carter had some tragic performances just before he was made inactive. Not saying Mason is necessarily better than Walker, just saying I think many of you are reminiscent of something that never was.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I seem to recall the entire team playing solid Defence during the Miami game. Walker got plenty of minutes in the two games that followed and really didn't demonstrate any of the attributes he displayed in the Miami game. Carter had some tragic performances just before he was made inactive. Not saying Mason is necessarily better than Walker, just saying I think many of you are reminiscent of something that never was.

Mason earning PT is something that never was. How do you go from playing to zero minutes?

TakMan

Rotation player
Mason earning PT is something that never was. How do you go from playing to zero minutes?

He hasn't done bad. Walker is young and, potentially, a lot more exciting (if D'Antoni would allow him to drive into the key) I'm just disputing the fact that Walker's chances were detracted right after the Miami game. He did play. Well...He tried to.