Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 40

Thread: Knicks "AINT" feeling MDA

  1. #16
    Veteran Sprewell-Houston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany/Mount Vernon NY
    Posts
    1,357
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    LOL Stephen A. Smith is a hypocrate!

    He was the one screaming the loudest for the Melo trade and how we're gonna rock the east with 2 All Stars!

    Now all of a sudden this team is wack...come on Stephen stay real!



    If only we could play Atlanta in the playoffs...they're the team we're most likely to beat. They suck this season just got torn apart by Rose and Deng on their own.

  2. #17
    Superstar nuckles2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    LOL Stephen A. Smith is a hypocrate!

    He was the one screaming the loudest for the Melo trade and how we're gonna rock the east with 2 All Stars!

    Now all of a sudden this team is wack...come on Stephen stay real!



    If only we could play Atlanta in the playoffs...they're the team we're most likely to beat. They suck this season just got torn apart by Rose and Deng on their own.
    I love how Stephen A. Smith is a hypocrite because the players are in the locker room questioning the fashion in which they're being coached. He didn't say I "think" or I "believe" he said: "Privately, the Knicks question whether they should just run up and down the floor jacking up shots. They've wondered somewhat aloud whether the game should be slowed to let Stoudemire and Anthony operate in a more structured offense. Defensively, they're offended by the notion of that word and their team being mentioned in the same breath. They don't like being laughed at. And tension is elevating because of it."

    There's no opinion in there...he's reporting what he's observing. How that makes him a hypocrite is puzzling.

    I also love how the players concerns seem to differ from all of those trying to explain why MDA can have success at some arbitrary date in the future, and why you should ignore what's actually happening.

    Like I've stated over and over and over....stop looking at wins and losses as self contained events that have no insightful info to offer...and look at how the team is winning and losing. It's very similar to the Knicks the past 2 seasons, same philosophies, same deficiencies, same losses. And apparently Knicks players see it as well...as you assume they would, being professionals and all.

  3. #18
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Thumbs up

    Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    These Knicks don't have a clue

    No toughness, no D, no faith in one another. Can D'Antoni fix it? He'd better, and fast.


    NEW YORK -- Monday night started with the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] introducing the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] to a team we hadn't seen since the days of Pat Riley, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    It continued with blood splattered on the Madison Square Garden floor, punctuated with near fisticuffs from [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] -- and teammates surprisingly eager to come to his aid. But once the final buzzer sounded and it was time to exhale, seconds removed from evident demoralization of a 96-86 defeat, it was clear these latest representatives of Gotham City didn't warrant any comparisons at all.
    Just pity!
    There are no Oakleys or Masons, just [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. There isn't a Riley on the bench, just Mike D'Antoni, who appears to detest everything Riley represented when he was with the Knicks -- meaning rigidity and toughness. By now we've also learned, excruciatingly, that there is no defense, very little toughness or offensive efficiency, no team in any sense that really matters. Just a collection of NBA-caliber talent paid to wear blue-and-orange uniforms.
    The Stephen A. Smith Show


    <center></center> Catch Stephen A. on 1050 ESPN, weeknights from 7-9 p.m. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    Point guard [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] wasn't shy about saying, "We're struggling right now, ain't no doubt about it," and his candor should be appreciated. Considering the misfit squad that keeps diminishing our hopes and expectations for the 2010-11 season with each passing game, it is good that we can't call the players liars as well.
    A season is not made in a week or two any more than a stellar game epitomizes greatness. But if what we've witnessed in the past nine days symbolizes anything, it is that the Knicks are falling apart before our very eyes.
    They've lost to sub-.500 teams. They've made marginal opposing players look like All-Stars. They've appeared disoriented in running plays, at getting to key spots on the floor and forcing misses, transforming themselves into laughingstocks. Privately, as a result, they have lost faith in one another.
    But especially in their coach.
    "We panicked," D'Antoni said after the Knicks were outscored 23-4 in the game's final 7:26, with the Celtics holding them to 1-for-11 shooting from the field, including three turnovers in that span. "We didn't play the way we're capable of playing. Obviously, we're getting to the point where we've got to figure something out."
    It would really, really behoove D'Antoni to do so. Because things just ain't pretty for him right now.
    There's a reason [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] hasn't been interested in speaking to the media lately. Check Grandma's old adage to figure out why: When you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Since you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone who'll say something nice about D'Antoni these days, it all makes sense.
    "I love Coach," Stoudemire told me recently. "He knows what he's doing. We just need to make adjustments, that's all."
    Actually, that's not all.
    The Knicks religiously have been in the league's bottom five defensively since D'Antoni arrived in 2008. Recently, Anthony has echoed the need for defensive schemes and principles. And he's not alone, with a bevy of other Knicks feeling that way, creating a divisive atmosphere that's bound to implode.

    Knicks Blog

    Looking for more information on your Knicks? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    After their loss to the Celtics, Billups, Stoudemire, Anthony, Jeffries and others were experts in evasive measures. "We sense the momentum -- we're not stupid," one Knick told me. "We can feel the heat coming in [D'Antoni's] direction. We're staying clear of that mess."
    Publicly, that is!
    Privately, the Knicks question whether they should just run up and down the floor jacking up shots. They've wondered somewhat aloud whether the game should be slowed to let Stoudemire and Anthony operate in a more structured offense. Defensively, they're offended by the notion of that word and their team being mentioned in the same breath. They don't like being laughed at. And tension is elevating because of it.
    Down the hall, away from players, reporters are whispering about hearing assistant coaches worry that Anthony is going to get them fired. Anthony's mood and demeanor say he wouldn't mind that at all. Nobody's taking Stoudemire's compliments seriously because D'Antoni is connected to that $100 million check he's cashing.
    "It's bad over there," one Celtic, who's tight with several of the Knicks, told me after the game. "Right or wrong, they're not feeling [D'Antoni]. They just ain't."
    Neither is the rest of New York. Not when the Knicks are 7-9 since Anthony arrived, having lost two games to Cleveland and two more to the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], not to mention Friday's game in Detroit when the Knicks couldn't get any stops in the fourth quarter. And then there was that abysmal first quarter of their very next game in Milwaukee, in which they trailed 32-9 and emerged with another loss.
    "Tough moments happen sometimes," said Celtics coach Doc Rivers, who had his share of scary moments on Monday night, watching [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] lie bloodied on the floor in the third quarter after a nasty collision, then later witnessing [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] sprawled on the floor after diving for a loose ball. "What folks may not realize is that you stay the course. You do what you do. You don't deviate from what's worked for you in the past."
    It depends on the definition of "worked." For Rivers, it translates to championships. For D'Antoni, "contention" would do just fine.
    Surrendering 33 points in the fourth quarter on 70 percent shooting and relegating oneself to a No. 7 seed in the Eastern Conference doesn't qualify as contending. Not now. Now with this roster. Not if you're the no-defense-playing Knicks, surrendering six dunks on seven shots in the post during crunch time.
    "We just need time together, to practice somewhere other than in the middle of games," Billups deadpanned.
    He should have plenty of time come April, from the looks of things.
    D'Antoni? Perhaps a little more than that, if things don't change quickly, fast and in a hurry.
    Follow Stephen A. Smith on Twitter:

    Well it was bound to happen. Seems like most of the team feels the same way most of the "SMART" fans do.
    But when I said it, I was "emotional", and "owning myself"... whatever dumba$$ sh*t that means..smh

    Listen our window is now!


    IT HAS BEEN DECIDED. MIKE D'ANTONI IS WRONG FOR OUR FUTURE ENDEVOURS.

    I'm not playing anymore waitng games. Next order of business, a replacement and real coach.

    Good thread.

  4. #19
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    LOL Stephen A. Smith is a hypocrate!

    He was the one screaming the loudest for the Melo trade and how we're gonna rock the east with 2 All Stars!

    Now all of a sudden this team is wack...come on Stephen stay real!



    If only we could play Atlanta in the playoffs...they're the team we're most likely to beat. They suck this season just got torn apart by Rose and Deng on their own.
    This has nothing to do with Stephen.

    This upgrade just illuminated our glaring deficiency.

    Look at it this way...

    If I told you LAST summer the Knicks traded Gallo, Wil, Moz + for Melo

    You would of bust on yourself. Let's remain focused on the real issue.

  5. #20
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    This has nothing to do with Stephen.

    This upgrade just illuminated our glaring deficiency.

    Look at it this way...

    If I told you LAST summer the Knicks traded Gallo, Wil, Moz + for Melo

    You would of bust on yourself. Let's remain focused on the real issue.
    But getting him in the summer would have given Melo a full training camp and a full season to acclimate himself to his teammates...it would have been a different scenario. We are expecting him and the team to immediately come together, when in reality these guys have been together one month with not a ton of high-intensity practices together.

  6. #21
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    "Privately, the Knicks question whether they should just run up and down the floor jacking up shots. They've wondered somewhat aloud whether the game should be slowed to let Stoudemire and Anthony operate in a more structured offense. Defensively, they're offended by the notion of that word and their team being mentioned in the same breath. They don't like being laughed at. And tension is elevating because of it."

    There's no opinion in there.
    Yes...very true....Hence a very big reason we look out of whack and loose at the seams....

    The transition of this trade has included a major decision n trial period, re: our offensive style n tempo...highlighted by the superstar n star brought in, and how to best make what we have a winner come playoff time, one way r another.

    But i guess this is all just an "excuse" for MDA....

  7. #22
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    But when I said it, I was "emotional", and "owning myself"... whatever dumba$$ sh*t that means..smh

    Listen our window is now!


    IT HAS BEEN DECIDED. MIKE D'ANTONI IS WRONG FOR OUR FUTURE ENDEVOURS.

    I'm not playing anymore waitng games. Next order of business, a replacement and real coach.

    Good thread.
    God ur being dumb, and trying to flaunt an ego when the iq ur showing shows me u should still he playing with a leggo...You can't just stick to ur ****, the team, and enjoy things without devolving ur style n agenda into an ugly mashup of Kayne West, Tyra Banks, and Rosie O Donnel...

    The actual heart of what Smith said...n more import, what is emanating from the locker room and players...is precisely what I educated u on earlier. Even before Smith's report, it was obvious what was going on and the conflicts between coaching, offensive system, and the very players who got brought in...and the very players who were here before.

    Not even did i direct this to u...

    But like a rabied pit you emo'd out with ur song n dance, calling it all "excuses" and "weakness" and then showing ur MDA roid rage....



    You owned yourself then. And ur ownage keeping dripping like a faucet...smh.

  8. #23
    Superstar nuckles2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Yes...very true....Hence a very big reason we look out of whack and loose at the seams....

    The transition of this trade has included a major decision n trial period, re: our offensive style n tempo...highlighted by the superstar n star brought in, and how to best make what we have a winner come playoff time, one way r another.

    But i guess this is all just an "excuse" for MDA....
    But the trade and this "trial period" that you speak of, have nothing to do with the Knicks taking leads into the 4th and relinquishing that lead because they're still running a SSOL type offense to create extra possessions....possessions that the opposing team takes advantage of because of our lack of defense...that's a fundamental flaw...doesn't matter who you have on your roster. It goes against every established rule of any sport that has a game clock. Late in the game, you create fewer possessions, eat the clock, take care of the ball, defend, and then win.

    The Knicks philosophy doesn't match that, and if the shots ain't falling, we ain't winning....even with a lead in the 4th.

    That was going on in 2008, 2009, 2010, and now 2011. That has nothing to do with the trade, gelling, or any other bull**** you hear on tv and on the radio and try to dress up with an impressive vocabulary to sound like you're in the know.

    The new additions are just coming in and questioning the very foundation and belief system that's implemented in the New York Knicks strategy to "win" games, and those inquiries are falling on D'Antoni since he's the one who installed this system.

  9. #24
    Member knicksman20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    155
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    But the trade and this "trial period" that you speak of, have nothing to do with the Knicks taking leads into the 4th and relinquishing that lead because they're still running a SSOL type offense to create extra possessions....possessions that the opposing team takes advantage of because of our lack of defense...that's a fundamental flaw...doesn't matter who you have on your roster. It goes against every established rule of any sport that has a game clock. Late in the game, you create fewer possessions, eat the clock, take care of the ball, defend, and then win.

    The Knicks philosophy doesn't match that, and if the shots ain't falling, we ain't winning....even with a lead in the 4th.

    That was going on in 2008, 2009, 2010, and now 2011. That has nothing to do with the trade, gelling, or any other bull**** you hear on tv and on the radio and try to dress up with an impressive vocabulary to sound like you're in the know.

    The new additions are just coming in and questioning the very foundation and belief system that's implemented in the New York Knicks strategy to "win" games, and those inquiries are falling on D'Antoni since he's the one who installed this system.
    Not only is this catching on with the players but more & more people are vocalizing this problem as they should. There's ZERO accountability in the DA era on offense & defense. With these new pieces we need a fresh face & a coach that's going to hold players accountable for blown assignments & lack of effort. I truly believe DA is incapable of doing that.

  10. #25
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    But getting him in the summer would have given Melo a full training camp and a full season to acclimate himself to his teammates...it would have been a different scenario. We are expecting him and the team to immediately come together, when in reality these guys have been together one month with not a ton of high-intensity practices together.
    Agreed. We can speculate we would be as good or better with practice etc...

    BUT

    Recall, everyone was COOL where we were with Ray Felt. & co. correct?

    Now let me say this as clearly as possible...

    Yes we were cool GIVEN who we were, and relative to where we were.

    Now lets take this into account... WITH RAY FELT & co. WE WERE 28TH IN TEAM DEFENSE!!!!!

    Were YOU cool with that? Knowing how important defense is, were you actually content with that stat? I bet not. I bet you would like an improvement, not "expecting" but wanted an improvement. Is that safe to assume?

    Well then, whether the trade was better for us, worse for us, or equal in terms of overall player output, YOU still would like that 28th stat to change right? Yeah, because you want a winner (I said wanted not expected).

    Ok soooo, regardless of who came here when, what evidence or credence do you have that this all important stat will change? There is none.

    Therefore, replacing coach to faclitate this improvement in defense was actually inevitible. Now that Melo is here from Feb instead of July gives us an opportunity to upgrade befroe the season starts, so gelling won't be an issue going forward. See?

  11. #26
    Veteran Sprewell-Houston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany/Mount Vernon NY
    Posts
    1,357
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    Agreed. We can speculate we would be as good or better with practice etc...

    BUT

    Recall, everyone was COOL where we were with Ray Felt. & co. correct?

    Now let me say this as clearly as possible...

    Yes we were cool GIVEN who we were, and relative to where we were.

    Now lets take this into account... WITH RAY FELT & co. WE WERE 28TH IN TEAM DEFENSE!!!!!

    Were YOU cool with that? Knowing how important defense is, were you actually content with that stat? I bet not. I bet you would like an improvement, not "expecting" but wanted an improvement. Is that safe to assume?

    Well then, whether the trade was better for us, worse for us, or equal in terms of overall player output, YOU still would like that 28th stat to change right? Yeah, because you want a winner (I said wanted not expected).

    Ok soooo, regardless of who came here when, what evidence or credence do you have that this all important stat will change? There is none.

    Therefore, replacing coach to faclitate this improvement in defense was actually inevitible. Now that Melo is here from Feb instead of July gives us an opportunity to upgrade befroe the season starts, so gelling won't be an issue going forward. See?

    The funny thing is, the Bobcats were 1st in OPPG last season with Felton as starting PG. Him and Chandler are also doing a good job on defense for the Nuggets now. I think Felton was pretty average to bad for us defensively. Given the fact that he's been rock solid for 2 other teams leads me to the conclusion that our coaching staff suck when it comes to defense. Not only Mike, all 5 of them.

  12. #27
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    county of the kings
    Posts
    1,120
    Rep Power
    9

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by HarshMello
    I think the Melo trade was a last desperate attempt by MDA to hold on to his job next season.

    I don't think it's going to work.
    that followed by jared jefferies to try to mask our coach's defensive weekness.

  13. #28
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    But the trade and this "trial period" that you speak of, have nothing to do with the Knicks taking leads into the 4th and relinquishing that lead because they're still running a SSOL type offense to create extra possessions....possessions that the opposing team takes advantage of because of our lack of defense...that's a fundamental flaw...doesn't matter who you have on your roster. It goes against every established rule of any sport that has a game clock. Late in the game, you create fewer possessions, eat the clock, take care of the ball, defend, and then win.

    The Knicks philosophy doesn't match that, and if the shots ain't falling, we ain't winning....even with a lead in the 4th.

    That was going on in 2008, 2009, 2010, and now 2011. That has nothing to do with the trade, gelling, or any other bull**** you hear on tv and on the radio and try to dress up with an impressive vocabulary to sound like you're in the know.

    The new additions are just coming in and questioning the very foundation and belief system that's implemented in the New York Knicks strategy to "win" games, and those inquiries are falling on D'Antoni since he's the one who installed this system.
    I love when sensible basketball knowledge is displayed on this site. I like this post because it outlines the critical issue with MDA and his "philosophy".

    When attempting to close a team out, you cannot continue to speed up the game and take the first open shot (as MDA likes to play it). Also, the 3's should be curbed at this point since they are low % shots. The ball should be in Melo or Amare's hands and attempts should be made to get to the basket at all times if neccessary. TD should not be playing like he's the alpha dog on this team. Shawn Williams shoud NOT be playing the 5 at the end of games simply because he can hit a shot. Turiaf is valuable but MDA doesn't allow him to finish games because MDA doesn't understand how to strategize defensively. All he sees is a guy who can't hit a jumpshot if open.

    Going into the 4th qtr in the BOS game MDA said to his players, "do you guys wanna win? Well they can't out run us!" The team immediately switched focus from defense to offense and the rest is history. That's something you say at the beginning of the game, not in a close game going into the 4th with the lead. This proves that his philosophy doesn't or can't change during the course of the game, which has nothing to do with the players on the team.

  14. #29
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    county of the kings
    Posts
    1,120
    Rep Power
    9

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    But getting him in the summer would have given Melo a full training camp and a full season to acclimate himself to his teammates...it would have been a different scenario. We are expecting him and the team to immediately come together, when in reality these guys have been together one month with not a ton of high-intensity practices together.

    i dont see much of a difference happenin even with a training camp... you have to get the player to buy in..... and they r not.. becuz they can see thru his BS.... Stat was being patient because he didnt have the talent around him.. now he does....

    stop findin excuses for this prick.. ur in denial

    see ya....

  15. #30
    Veteran Clyde & The Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,463
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    I love when sensible basketball knowledge is displayed on this site. I like this post because it outlines the critical issue with MDA and his "philosophy".

    When attempting to close a team out, you cannot continue to speed up the game and take the first open shot (as MDA likes to play it). Also, the 3's should be curbed at this point since they are low % shots. The ball should be in Melo or Amare's hands and attempts should be made to get to the basket at all times if neccessary. TD should not be playing like he's the alpha dog on this team. Shawn Williams shoud NOT be playing the 5 at the end of games simply because he can hit a shot. Turiaf is valuable but MDA doesn't allow him to finish games because MDA doesn't understand how to strategize defensively. All he sees is a guy who can't hit a jumpshot if open.



    Going into the 4th qtr in the BOS game MDA said to his players, "do you guys wanna win? Well they can't out run us!" The team immediately switched focus from defense to offense and the rest is history. That's something you say at the beginning of the game, not in a close game going into the 4th with the lead. This proves that his philosophy doesn't or can't change during the course of the game, which has nothing to do with the players on the team.

    Great follow up to Nuckles excellent post.

Similar Threads

  1. Knicks @ Celtics 23/02/10
    By smokes in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: Feb 24, 2010, 10:39
  2. Bucks @ Knicks 22/02/10
    By smokes in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: Feb 23, 2010, 18:39
  3. Cavs @ Knicks 11/25 7:30 PM ET
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: Nov 26, 2008, 21:10
  4. Knicks 2007-2008 Season Recap
    By abcd in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Feb 24, 2008, 12:12
  5. Philadelphia 76ers vs New York Knicks Game Thread 1/25
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: Jan 27, 2008, 16:59

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •