Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 40 of 40

Thread: Knicks "AINT" feeling MDA

  1. #31
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by moneyg
    i dont see much of a difference happenin even with a training camp... you have to get the player to buy in..... and they r not.. becuz they can see thru his BS.... Stat was being patient because he didnt have the talent around him.. now he does....

    stop findin excuses for this prick.. ur in denial

    see ya....
    Didn't you say, pre-Melo trade, he DID have the talent?

    Read Kerr's comments in my other thread...he is not surprised they are struggling because it was a huge personnel shakeup, and they need time to gel. He says that even MDA knew he had a huge task at hand to get these guys to gel immediately, our .500 record since Melo showed up is of no shock to him...and he claims we have at least 3 moves to make to be good and "anyone with basketball knowledge knows that".

  2. #32
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    962
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    i honestly think we should get rid of D'Antoni just to shake things up. It's not a great situation for him, and not really a great one for the Knicks anyway. I don't see how this isn't a win-win for the Knicks and D'Antoni. We can possibly go on a run due to a change of coaching scenery, and it doesn't seem Donnie is too hype to resign D'Antoni anyway.

    It's the same in any company when people no longer listen to a project manager....you cut your loses early by letting your your project manager go. It doesn't mean he's a bad project manager, just that he wasn't a good fit for this job.

  3. #33
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Didn't you say, pre-Melo trade, he DID have the talent?

    Read Kerr's comments in my other thread...he is not surprised they are struggling because it was a huge personnel shakeup, and they need time to gel. He says that even MDA knew he had a huge task at hand to get these guys to gel immediately, our .500 record since Melo showed up is of no shock to him...and he claims we have at least 3 moves to make to be good and "anyone with basketball knowledge knows that".
    So because we have "at least 3 moves to make", that's an excuse for getting blown out by the Bucks and losing to IND twice and losing to DET??? Don't forget CLE!

    Hell, I don't know about you or Kerr, but I was very surprised that we lost against those bad teams. We should have won and if we were better coached then it would have happened. I don't understand how we're getting embarassed by lesser teams and both you and Kerr aren't surprised. We may not be a complete team but we aren't that bad.

  4. #34
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by clumsy
    i honestly think we should get rid of D'Antoni just to shake things up. It's not a great situation for him, and not really a great one for the Knicks anyway. I don't see how this isn't a win-win for the Knicks and D'Antoni. We can possibly go on a run due to a change of coaching scenery, and it doesn't seem Donnie is too hype to resign D'Antoni anyway.

    It's the same in any company when people no longer listen to a project manager....you cut your loses early by letting your your project manager go. It doesn't mean he's a bad project manager, just that he wasn't a good fit for this job.
    Re-adjustment period might have us in 8th or worse. I bet the Knicks will lose MDA in the offseason (which I prefer to firing him now), bring in someone new for training camp (barring a lockout) and long-term, high-intensity practices to do his thing.

    As for Walsh, he doesn't seem to keen on coming back in the Knicks office, period.

  5. #35
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    So because we have "at least 3 moves to make", that's an excuse for getting blown out by the Bucks and losing to IND twice and losing to DET??? Don't forget CLE!

    Hell, I don't know about you or Kerr, but I was very surprised that we lost against those bad teams. We should have won and if we were better coached then it would have happened. I don't understand how we're getting embarassed by lesser teams and both you and Kerr aren't surprised. We may not be a complete team but we aren't that bad.

    I have to agree with this post. When it comes to losing against teams that the Knicks are just straight up better than, there isn't really anyone to blame except for the coach. Even if Melo has a bad night we should still be able to overcome that because our coach can figure out other ways to win.

    Now, I also believe this is going to take some time to form cohesion with the new players and all of that jazz. But at the same time we have to consider that we are hanging around with the good teams, sometimes beating them, but are struggling with the poor teams. When we do hang with the good teams we crumble in the 4th quarter-- in our situation it appears that this is because our coach is inflexible and unwilling to deviate from his offensive scheme.

  6. #36
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    So because we have "at least 3 moves to make", that's an excuse for getting blown out by the Bucks and losing to IND twice and losing to DET??? Don't forget CLE!

    Hell, I don't know about you or Kerr, but I was very surprised that we lost against those bad teams. We should have won and if we were better coached then it would have happened. I don't understand how we're getting embarassed by lesser teams and both you and Kerr aren't surprised. We may not be a complete team but we aren't that bad.
    Indiana is a decent team we do not matchup well with at all...

    And I'm not surprised, seeing as the Heat lost to Indiana, New Orleans, Utah, Memphis in their first 17. And they had a full training camp to gel.

    In-season it's more difficult to come together as a team, you are practicing less because you are on the road (traveling) more than you are in the summer. Plus Melo and Amare do not fit perfectly together, Melo is a ball to the basket, the ball stops in his hand and MDA relies on ball movement and spreading the floor for his offense to work. Are we as bad as we have shown, talent-wise? No. But these things don't happen overnight. Melo needs to adjust his game just as much as D'Antoni needs to adjust. These things need time.

    Do I think D'Antoni is fired in the offseason? I sure do. But that doesn't mean that anyone can just plug 2 guys in after losing 3 starters without a full-length training camp as effectively as he needs to.

  7. #37
    Veteran Clyde & The Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,463
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Indiana is a decent team we do not matchup well with at all...

    And I'm not surprised, seeing as the Heat lost to Indiana, New Orleans, Utah, Memphis in their first 17. And they had a full training camp to gel.

    In-season it's more difficult to come together as a team, you are practicing less because you are on the road (traveling) more than you are in the summer. Plus Melo and Amare do not fit perfectly together, Melo is a ball to the basket, the ball stops in his hand and MDA relies on ball movement and spreading the floor for his offense to work. Are we as bad as we have shown, talent-wise? No. But these things don't happen overnight. Melo needs to adjust his game just as much as D'Antoni needs to adjust. These things need time.

    Do I think D'Antoni is fired in the offseason? I sure do. But that doesn't mean that anyone can just plug 2 guys in after losing 3 starters without a full-length training camp as effectively as he needs to.
    Diffrence is all those teams you mention are over .500 or playoff bound. There's no disgrace losing to them. Totally incomparable to the Knicks losing to the Cavs, Bucks & Pistons...

  8. #38
    Newbie OakTree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    35
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by clumsy
    i honestly think we should get rid of D'Antoni just to shake things up. It's not a great situation for him, and not really a great one for the Knicks anyway. I don't see how this isn't a win-win for the Knicks and D'Antoni. We can possibly go on a run due to a change of coaching scenery, and it doesn't seem Donnie is too hype to resign D'Antoni anyway.

    It's the same in any company when people no longer listen to a project manager....you cut your loses early by letting your your project manager go. It doesn't mean he's a bad project manager, just that he wasn't a good fit for this job.
    But what if he went over 500 in the playoffs with a previous company?

    Agreed. Well said--objective and lucid.

  9. #39
    Veteran STAT1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,361
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    All reports are MDA was against the Melo trade.
    Which reports were these?

  10. #40
    Veteran la2ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Compton,Ca
    Posts
    1,777
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    If we still had the old team and we were losing like this I dont think this would even be as big as it is media wise.

Similar Threads

  1. Knicks @ Celtics 23/02/10
    By smokes in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: Feb 24, 2010, 09:39
  2. Bucks @ Knicks 22/02/10
    By smokes in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: Feb 23, 2010, 17:39
  3. Cavs @ Knicks 11/25 7:30 PM ET
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: Nov 26, 2008, 20:10
  4. Knicks 2007-2008 Season Recap
    By abcd in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Feb 24, 2008, 11:12
  5. Philadelphia 76ers vs New York Knicks Game Thread 1/25
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: Jan 27, 2008, 15:59

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •