Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Earl Barron Is On The Bucks!!!!

  1. #1
    Member JazRedGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    267
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Earl Barron Is On The Bucks!!!!

    Read the damn title and PLEASE STOP SAYING THAT HE IS STILL AVAILABLE!!!


    I have seen about 10 posts in numerous threads over the past week about picking up Earl for the playoffs.

    First, he was picked up by Milwaukee while we were worried about signing Jeffries and dropping Brewer.

    Second, March 3rd was the last day to sign a player that can be on your Playoff roster.

    /rant

  2. #2
    Member bboycustom92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    445
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    His 10 day contract is up. He could be picked up, just not for the playoffs

  3. #3
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    525
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Guy can't buy any real playing time for any team.

    People just have to accept the fact that his short stint of putting up stats doesn't mean anything. I'm tired of hearing everyone complain like Barron is gonna solve all our problems.

    If Barron were that good, it means every GM in the league is incompetent, not just the Knicks.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    FLorida. Thank god for the NBA league pass & MSG network.
    Posts
    1,112
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Yeah, I agree. He could have been an ok help but not really anything special that would really improve us. Dime & dozen type of big man.

    Walsh has a plan (great GM) & it's obvious a guy like Barron wasn't in our future or else Walsh would have signed him.

  5. #5
    Member JazRedGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    267
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by bboycustom92
    His 10 day contract is up. He could be picked up, just not for the playoffs
    Guess the Bucks really ****ed us. And good for Barrons dumbass not waiting for us to sign him. Now he has NO J-O-B again.

  6. #6
    Superstar KnicksWillRiseAgain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,164
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by JazRedGT
    Guess the Bucks really ****ed us. And good for Barrons dumbass not waiting for us to sign him. Now he has NO J-O-B again.
    He actually is eligible for the playoffs cause he signed a deal before the March 3rd deadline. He got released and now hes a playoff eligible FA.

  7. #7
    Member JazRedGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    267
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnicksWillRiseAgain
    He actually is eligible for the playoffs cause he signed a deal before the March 3rd deadline. He got released and now hes a playoff eligible FA.
    Well then this might be a good time to send Rautins to the D-league since hes on injured reserve right now, and pick Baron up as insurance incase Ronny gets hurt in the playoffs.

  8. #8
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,227
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    We should take him, no reason not to really. Even if he just grabs 5 boards in 15 minutes and scores a couple of easy layups he would be worth picking up since we don't have any size on the bench.

  9. #9
    Veteran la2ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Compton,Ca
    Posts
    1,777
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by smokes
    We should take him, no reason not to really. Even if he just grabs 5 boards in 15 minutes and scores a couple of easy layups he would be worth picking up since we don't have any size on the bench.
    Exactly. People are saying well why isn't he sticking on any team, IDC! We need any size we can get! Dudes 7ft and can rebound, I'll take that anyday. Isn't like it would hurt either I'd want him in over Jared

  10. #10
    Member SoCal KnicksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    118
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by la2ny
    Exactly. People are saying well why isn't he sticking on any team, IDC! We need any size we can get! Dudes 7ft and can rebound, I'll take that anyday. Isn't like it would hurt either I'd want him in over Jared
    Could not agree more!!!

  11. #11
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,227
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Yeah maybe Barron is not a very good defender though JJ is definitely better defensively... But JJ at Center is just ugly as hell. When he played backup defensive SF that was ok but we have Shawn Williams for that now who can also score a bit (a lot better than JJ).

    I think JJ is better defensively overall but Barron is better at C.

  12. #12
    Veteran la2ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Compton,Ca
    Posts
    1,777
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by smokes
    Yeah maybe Barron is not a very good defender though JJ is definitely better defensively... But JJ at Center is just ugly as hell. When he played backup defensive SF that was ok but we have Shawn Williams for that now who can also score a bit (a lot better than JJ).

    I think JJ is better defensively overall but Barron is better at C.
    Which is exactly what we need. A Center lol

  13. #13
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,227
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by la2ny
    Which is exactly what we need. A Center lol
    Yeah you just know MDA has his love affair with players who can play multiple spots... JJ "can play" 3/4/5 so...

Similar Threads

  1. Why did we let Barron go to the Bucks!?????
    By welcometonycity in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Mar 04, 2011, 15:34
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: Mar 01, 2011, 00:51
  3. Earl Barron
    By MusketeerX in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Feb 27, 2011, 08:54
  4. Odds of te Knicks getting Earl Barron?
    By Ewing33Swisher in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Sep 01, 2010, 17:22
  5. Earl Barron being resigned?
    By Paul1355 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Apr 14, 2010, 23:57

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •