Brandon Bass
    Dwight Howard

Chauncey Billups

Landry Fields
    Carmelo Anthony
    Amare Stoudemire
    Ronny Turiaf

Game Preview:
    Although the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] have clinched a playoff berth and are in good position to secure one of the top four seeds in the Eastern Conference, the hard-to-please Stan Van Gundy is annoyed that his team doesn’t always play at a consistently high level.
    The coach with high expectations can probably take solace in the fact he is not in charge of the scuffling [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    Van Gundy’s Magic look to send the Knicks to a seventh loss in eight games Wednesday night at Madison Square Garden.
    Orlando (45-26) is 3 1/2 games back of third-place Miami in the East and owns a comfortable lead over fifth-place Atlanta, but Van Gundy believes his team has lots of room for improvement.
    The Magic defeated Cleveland 97-86 on Monday for a third straight victory, but Van Gundy was irritated that his club turned the ball over 20 times and failed to put away a lesser opponent earlier.
    “You only play 82 games a year,” Van Gundy said. “It shouldn’t be hard to go out and play hard and well all the time. We’ve seen ebbs and flows, but I don’t have an excuse for it.”
    Despite Van Gundy’s criticism, Orlando appears primed for a playoff run. The same can’t be said of New York (35-35).
    The acquisition of [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ] was expected to help the Knicks join the ranks of the conference’s elite, but they’re 7-9 since the trade.
    New York seemed to have a good chance to break out of its funk against Boston on Monday, leading 51-37 at halftime, but experienced another second-half collapse and lost 96-86. The Celtics scored 23 of the game’s final 27 points - including the last 10.
    “We just got to a point there, I thought we just panicked,” coach Mike D’Antoni said. “We’ve got a lot of work to do.”
    Anthony had 22 points Monday but was again not a factor down the stretch. He has totaled 11 points on 2-of-12 shooting in the fourth quarter during New York’s three-game skid.
    The Knicks’ second-half defense has suffered since they acquired Anthony, as they are giving up a league-worst 53.1 points after halftime with their new star. They were 23rd in the NBA in second-half points allowed prior to the trade at 50.2.
    New York allowed Orlando to put up an opponent season-high 69 points in the second half and erase an 11-point halftime deficit in a 116-110 road loss March 1.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ] had 30 points and 16 rebounds, while [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ] scored 23 of his 26 points in the second half as the Magic won their fifth straight in the series.
    Orlando struggled a bit defensively, allowing [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and Billups to each score 30 and Anthony to add 25, but it buckled down late. The Magic limited the Knicks to 1-of-5 shooting while forcing two turnovers in the final three minutes.
    New York has shown flashes of excellence offensively since the trade, but it’s averaging 92.0 points during the skid. The Knicks are 6-19 when they fail to reach 100.
    The Magic, fifth in the league in scoring defense at 94.2 points, have held their last five opponents to double digits, allowing an average of 88.4 points.

Player 2 Watch

PG-Mr.BigShot
    Last time we played them he got injured. if he doesn't let Jameer go off like he did in the 4th then were cool. But who knows

Check This Out:
    The Knicks fell to the .500 mark (35-35) for the first time since Feb. 11, when the team was 26-26 after a loss to the Lakers. That was 11 days before the trade for Carmelo Anthony. The Knicks play the Orlando Magic on Wednesday at Madison Square Garden and will look to avoid falling under the .500 mark for the first time since Nov. 27, when they were 8-9 after a loss to the Atlanta Hawks. Their magic number to clinch a playoff spot remains at seven with 12 games left in the season.

Prediction:

Knick Quote Of The Night:
    "I couldn't see nothing at that time. Blood was coming out of my eye, so I couldn't really see. I don't even know what was going on."
    —Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony on his collision with Rajon Rondo late in the loss to the Celtics.

Funny Pic Of The Day:

Watch Game Here:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    ESPN
    or MSG!!!!
    Last edited by la2ny; Mar 23, 2011 at 19:37.

Isn't the game in NY?

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Isn't the game in NY?
    yeah my logos are just reveresed but I have the location right under that

Is Jar Jar Jeffries really starting? Over Turiaf after that amazing game he had against Boston?

Originally Posted by KnicksWillRiseAgain
    Is Jar Jar Jeffries really starting? Over Turiaf after that amazing game he had against Boston?
    Well D'Antoni didn't play Turiaf in the 4th last game after he was our best defensive player so you never know.

Originally Posted by la2ny
    Well D'Antoni didn't play Turiaf in the 4th last game after he was our best defensive player so you never know.
    I hope we don't start Jeffries. He's the biggest goofball klutz in the NBA. If we start Ronny and get his confidence up early I think he can have another big game.

(watching tv)

Just my luck Bernard King is at the Home game RIGHT before the one im
    Going to on my Bday!

Banned
    FLorida. Thank god for the NBA league pass & MSG network.

Thnx for making the gameday thread & I also pray we win tonight. I wanna see this team head into the playoffs 8 games above .500. Falling 1 game below .500 just doesn't sound good. We need this game.

I wanna see Billups have another MIA type of game tonight. I wanna see more of Douglas during the 2nd half because of his defensive ability, potential of containing Nelson from going off, as well as his spark on offense off the bench... I hope to see a big game from Douglas.

I catch the Magic games once in a while & root for them to lose every game (unless an ORL W helps us) & honestly... Yes they have 3 point shooters but Dwight is their entire team & Nelson isto Dwight as Felton was to Amare. Contain Howard to 31/14 & your gonna win. But when he starts to go for 38/19... Thats when they become tough to beat.

I hope this game proves why I laugh when I see people rather playing MIA, BOS or CHI before the Magic. Crazy. Just a little better than ATL. ORL is who I want the most. Without Dwight BEASTING their done

Banned

Oh yeah baby! Smooth operation lol just convinced my wife & the family to watch the movies inside the bed room & leave me the living room for the game. lol didn't think it would be that easy.

Ight, so I see the score & games now but can someone give me like 5 details to recap the game up until this point? Thnx in advance

Originally Posted by KnicksFanFromQueens1985
    Oh yeah baby! Smooth operation lol just convinced my wife & the family to watch the movies inside the bed room & leave me the living room for the game. lol didn't think it would be that easy.

Ight, so I see the score & games now but can someone give me like 5 details to recap the game up until this point? Thnx in advance
    Billups and Douglas have been hitting from downtown. So has Nelson.

Knicks defense has been good apart from on Dwight but we don't have anyone that can defend him anyway.

Melo playing good and distributing, ball movement has been good all round.

Basically good game for the Knicks right now, Magic playing fairly well at both ends too so this is a good game for us if we win

Superstar

Well Orlando started strong and the Knicks slow as usual. Some bad shot selections from Billups especially. Tide shifted when mason came on with Douglas and they both hit a couple of three's each. Since then Billups and Anthony have picked up and our offence is flowing. Unfortunately we're playing one of the better offensive teams in the NBA so they keep scoring as well. Defence has been really good considering the opposition but I'm staying on the fence until the game is over. Knicks seem to save the worst for last these days.

Banned

Thnx smokes. Hope to have a strong showing during the 2nd half because the 76ers won tonight. They beat Atlanta though which is good if the Knicks plan on getting hot for the 5th seed. I'd much rather play the Magic before CHI, MIA & BOS. The Magic are very, very good but the Celtics & Bulls are on the verge of being great & the Heat have crazy playoff potential with Wade & LeBron followed by Bosh.

I understand the C position is our weakest position but give me Orlando & let me worry about trying to stop 1 man which will end up beating the entire Orlando team. Plus... Dwight can get into foul trouble & miss 20 free throws out of 35 attempts some nights. In close games, foul shooting & Dwight missing could become their worst nightmare.

Originally Posted by KnicksFanFromQueens1985
    Thnx smokes. Hope to have a strong showing during the 2nd half because the 76ers won tonight. They beat Atlanta though which is good if the Knicks plan on getting hot for the 5th seed. I'd much rather play the Magic before CHI, MIA & BOS. The Magic are very, very good but the Celtics & Bulls are on the verge of being great & the Heat have crazy playoff potential with Wade & LeBron followed by Bosh.

I understand the C position is our weakest position but give me Orlando & let me worry about trying to stop 1 man which will end up beating the entire Orlando team. Plus... Dwight can get into foul trouble & miss 20 free throws out of 35 attempts some nights. In close games, foul shooting & Dwight missing could become their worst nightmare.
    Were not getting 5th. That boat sailed weeks ago. I'd still rather play The Bulls or Heat which we will play anyway.

Were not getting 5th. That boat sailed weeks ago. I'd still rather play The Bulls or Heat which we will play anyway.
    And dude Bulls are 1st seed right now, Celtics in a close one on the road in Memphis. Rose is riding the MVP wave into the end of the season and I think Bulls have the best shot at keeping the 1st seed to be honest.

Originally Posted by smokes
    And dude Bulls are 1st seed right now, Celtics in a close one on the road in Memphis. Rose is riding the MVP wave into the end of the season and I think Bulls have the best shot at keeping the 1st seed to be honest.
    Well we have a chance of losing 7th lol so its possible.

Well we have a chance of losing 7th lol so its possible.
    It's possible but we won't lose 7th. We will finish 6/7 and face the Celtics/Heat I can feel it!

I'm glad I watched this game, after the last few I was too depressed to watch the Pistons game and I was worried about this one but yeah, we looking good right now. Sharing the ball, good D, everyone just pray we keep this up in the 4th!!