Thank God for the Yankees, Giants & Rangers.

Thats all I can say; and this is coming from someone who doesn't like the Yankees & an average @ best hockey fan but I do pull for the Rangers & enjoy hockey as a sport during the playoffs but for some reason... Could never play it, could never like it & could never enjoy being down 2 goals in the 1st with no hope as a fan.

At least the Rangers & Yankees have gave the NY sports world life or we'd be like the city of Cleveland which is sad. I'm 25 & never experienced my 3 teams win a championship. Knicks, Jets & Rays always come up just short or disaster seasons. I've seen the Jets lose 3 AFC Championship games against Denver in 98 & consecutive AFCCG loses to the Colts & Steelers. We lost to the Colts last year & beat NE & INDY this year & lose to PITT? Cursed. Seen the Knicks lose to Houston in 94 & Spurs in 99; UGHH. Sad.

Being a die hard sports fan hurts, but I guess it's part of being a man if you've loved sports since your childhood days. @ least some of you guys have enjoyed championships. I haven't.

Pricey

Rotation player
The Knicks are the only team i follow that i havent witnessed a championship.

My Packers and LA Angels have done right by me but man i crave this one more then anything

Now I understand why my father turned his back on Major League Baseball during the strike year. He hasn't watched a Yankees baseball game since the strike year. He still says to this day; that the Yankees were winning the World Series that year. He was a season ticket holder with my grandfather since before I was born & with all of this steroid problems & broken records from career cheaters... He's glad he walked away with his head help up high. He always says he walked away from the game of baseball with honor because he never had to see baseball become a laughing stock sport. It was once a proud sport but not anymore. I can never turn my back on the Jets but this offseason has made me sick. Jet fans deserve to be talking SB right now but the owners & players took that away from innocent fans. Sad; coning from people who make Millions per year while I lose $$$ because of BBQ's, NFL Sunday ticket, cable to watch the games & even Wing House Sundays with friends & my older bro. Rant over: **** you NFL.

The Knicks are the only team i follow that i havent witnessed a championship.

My Packers and LA Angels have done right by me but man i crave this one more then anything

You're pretty blessed beeing a Man United fan. They've won everything in the last couple of years, although they're struggling now without Ronaldo.

TommyMSG

Rookie
So you went from criticizing posters for not being real fans because they don't believe that we're good enough to win a championship to giving up on the team altogether?

Something tells me you're trolling the site just to get a rise out of posters. Is anyone else with me here?

Sons of Thunder

Benchwarmer
We could have it a lot worse. Like Cleveland, as you pointed out. All things considered, New Yorkers have very little downtime before winning a championship in one of the major sports.

Now if you're a Jets, Mets, Nets and Islanders fan...

Well I'm not a hocey fan @ all but I do pull for the Rangers during the playoffs because it's the team my family pulls for but like I stated, Hockey is an excellent sport but I could never enjoy it. Same goes for soccer. Root for my country with my heart during the world cup every 4 years but just never fell in love with the sport. Basketball, baseball & football? I grew up playing & loving all 3 sports but the Knicks were my 1st love & Basketball was my heart since childhood days.

NBA & the Knicks since 92.
NFL & the Jets since 94.
MLB & Rays since 98.

Going on 22 years of LOVING my teams with everything I have without being able to enjoy a championship. When did I ever say I "quit on my Knicks or Jets or Rays"? Stop being an internet tough guy & bad ass behind the computer keyboard trying to put words in another mans mouth. When did I say I was "giving up" on my Knicks? I love this team & never said such words. Your a liar in life, aren't you?

I also never called "anyone out" for feeling NY wasn't a championship team. You on drugs or something guy?

Please find a quote of me saying...

"Your not a real fan because you feel we're not a championship team".

Oh yeah, that's right, you can't; because you really are a little liar.

I simply made points to the fans who were/are calling for a Title & top 10 D' (this year) as not being realistic.

To expect a ring under MDA "this year" (or any other coach) doesn't make sense when...

-We have the deepest void in the league @ the C' position. The C' position has always been the most important defensive position in all of basketball in terms of size, rebounding, contesting & blocking shots, filling lanes etc, etc.

-We lack the size of a championship contending team.

-60% of our starting 5 has only been here for 16 or fewer games. None of our starting 5 played in NY last year.

-2 of our top 3 G's lack NBA experience. Fields is only a rookie & Douglas is just a 2nd year player.

You believe you own lies

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
Never thought I would say this......but THANK GOD for the Jets! lol

Atleast their owner, Woody Johnson, has been running the franchise in the right direction by hiring Mike Tannenbaum who has done a hell of a job and who hired Rex.

The Knicks on the other hand, I am not expecting anything big out of them until they go in another direction with their HC. Its no secret the man either lacks or neglects a solid defensive system, and your not winning a title without defense, just my opinion as is many others.

Hopefully Dolan and Walsh will get this team to become a TRUE contender in the near future, but for now we can only hope for the best. Either way, I still root for the Knicks even though I dont agree with the HC philosophy, will always be a Knicks fan and can only hope that someday they will become true contenders for the first time in over a decade.