Is it just me or has the Garden not been as loud since the trade?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Even when we were winning since the trade, it seems like the Garden was louder before. Remember the first game against the Celtics there? The atmosphere was nuts. I haven't been to a game this season, so maybe it's just the way it's coming off TV, or just me, or both.

Sounds like it on the TV too.

I guess it's just because the expectations of some/most Knicks fans were raised to another level after landing a top 10 NBA star in Melo; to pair with another top star in Amare. Then we went nuts after landing a veteran PG & former Finals MVP in Billups. Lately... We've been let down & just not as excited & MSG is no different than this place; everyone is on the edge of their seat & a little confused but most Knick fans never thought about the lack of time to gel & chemistry issues that would lead to these struggles. But yeah, the Garden is feeling the pain too but it's still buzzing like never before when compared to the post Ewing era you know

nuckles2k2

Superstar
It got pretty loud in the 4th last night when it looked like we had a fighting chance to get a stop or two and compete. And my side of the arena got crazy on monday when a group of Celtics fans behind us started chanting "New York sucks."

But the Garden really hasn't been loud from beginning to end except for the first Boston game, first Miami game, and when Melo made his debut (and even then there were some "lulls" in the action/noise.)

I think it's mainly because we have so many "fans" of the opposing team night in, and night out. Their silence for the Knicks kind of cuts into the cheering of the few Knicks fans who make noise from opening tip until the final buzzer...and there aren't many of us.

johnnyrose

Benchwarmer
Couple of reasons why....
Because all the real fans are sitting way up in the nosebleed sections, while the rich spoil brats who sometimes don't even care about basketball, are sitting in the front. Except for spike.

And we have loss alot of home games of late as well, Plus we've been so bad for the pass decade, That you have a bunch of bandwagon fans who are from new york, but are lakers or celtics fan..Could someone tell me why in the heck! we have so many fans from Ny who are fans of different teams going to madison square garden ?

For a minute when the lakers came, I thought I was in LA, Completely disgraceful. I want this team to wake the hell up next season and start getting good, Because than you'll see fans coming out of the woodworks. If you go to united center in chicago,You could hear a pin drop sometimes,They only get loud at the end, if rose hits a clutch shot..lol I've been there.

Once they renovate msg.With it's 28,000 seats. We're going to see hopefully more knick fans..If they are any good:crossfingers: Please God let this team be great one day soon.:agreed: FOR ONCE !..LOL

Last edited: