D'Antoni Post Game - Magic @ Knicks: The Man Is A Bafoon

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Click below to watch.

http://knicksnow.com/posts/1218-postgame-coach-d-antoni

mike_dantoni--300x300.jpg

● Amar'e's tired? Get him to the line! ★Post him up! Draw up a ****ing mismatch and instigate some flow for him. Stop playing him at the 5 when our best interior defender, Ronny T, is pining it up!

★ If I hear "Amar'e's not a post player, I'll be sick. I'm not saying post him in similar fashion to the way Orlando post Howard or Memphis ZBo, I'm saying put one of the most explosive scorers close to 7' tall within 5 feet of the basket and utilise on the physicality therein.

This team has no post game. Amar'e has proven he's a capable passer, let him and others benefit from a double team! On a V cut drop, hit him in transition! For ****'s sake!
facepalm2.gif

● I'll reiterate, D'Antoni is NOT an offensive genius. His ineffective minor adjustments to the offence are perimeter based and predictable. Opponent scouts must literally consider New York a veritable payed holiday. Necessity is the mother of invention, no? The necessities are clear, where are the adjustments? 2 top 5 scorers..............Hmmmmm.

● At the end of the interview D'Antoni sais: "We'll watch the game tape and see what was wrong". After an entire season of the same monotonous fumbling, what is there to decipher? Honestly?

* Waits for the perpetually irritating "give it time" posts.:barf:

It goes way beyond that.

Notice I didn't even mention defence? I will.

TakMan

Rotation player
This really is all about our 4th quarter displays of late. If Stoudamire is tired then rest him. There's no point being -1 man on the court. Defence was decent in the first half; not too bad in the 3rd quarter, but it's the 4th quarter that's just making me lose the will to watch games. D'Antoni should take a fair share of the blame for sure but Billups and Stoudamire are the main culprits of last night's loss. I'm gonna risk losing the little integrity I still have left and assert that I can feel this team is on the brink of competing at a higher level than the pre-trade era. Turiaf's been unreal the past couple of games. Knicks should def keep him next year.

finestrg

Rotation player
Crazy⑧s;169537 said:
Click below to watch.

http://knicksnow.com/posts/1218-postgame-coach-d-antoni

mike_dantoni--300x300.jpg

● Amar'e's tired? Get him to the line! ★Post him up! Draw up a ****ing mismatch and instigate some flow for him. Stop playing him at the 5 when our best interior defender, Ronny T, is pining it up!

★ If I hear "Amar'e's not a post player, I'll be sick. I'm not saying post him in similar fashion to the way Orlando post Howard or Memphis ZBo, I'm saying put one of the most explosive scorers close to 7' tall within 5 feet of the basket and utilise on the physicality therein.

This team has no post game. Amar'e has proven he's a capable passer, let him and others benefit from a double team! On a V cut drop, hit him in transition! For ****'s sake!
facepalm2.gif

● I'll reiterate, D'Antoni is NOT an offensive genius. His ineffective minor adjustments to the offence are perimeter based and predictable. Opponent scouts must literally consider New York a veritable payed holiday. Necessity is the mother of invention, no? The necessities are clear, where are the adjustments? 2 top 5 scorers..............Hmmmmm.

● At the end of the interview D'Antoni sais: "We'll watch the game tape and see what was wrong". After an entire season of the same monotonous fumbling, what is there to decipher? Honestly?

* Waits for the perpetually irritating "give it time" posts.:barf:

It goes way beyond that.

Notice I didn't even mention defence? I will.

Quality post...Obviously it's not completely D'Antoni's fault but your post makes a ton of sense. Team is nowhere near championship caliber yet, but this guy has enough pieces in place already to not be this bad, esp. at home. We've been in control of most of these games lately only to have them slip away in the the 4th quarter as if they were road games..It can't happen...I like all the adjustments you mentioned. Wish they were implemented.

skisloper

Starter
Guys look at the full picture....

We lost Billups for 4 or 5 games......Just when the team started to gel...

I have not seen the same Billups that we saw when we beat the over 500 teams.

We have seen we beat the best and even in our ongoing downfall at least compete with the best......

I am not a D'Antonio fan but do believe once in the playoffs we will play with the urgency we so need.....

This was not supposed to be our year.....If D'Antonio fails in the playoffs then its time to go......A first round win and second round battle he should stay...

Why Bill Walker is not playing is nuts...he was so strong in that Heat game.

la2ny

Starter
This was not supposed to be our year.....If D'Antonio fails in the playoffs then its time to go......A first round win and second round battle he should stay...
I still don't want him here. He's not the right fit, its that simple.

There are no excuses

i dont wanna hear this takes time to gel crap

and comparing us to the heat

the heat demolished terrible teams and lost to the good teams

we get demolished by terrible teams and lose to the good teams

basically we are just a terrible team right now playing terrible basketball

with a terrible coach

and a terrible work ethic

with terrible decision making

and terrible defense.

Yea MDA is the one looking completely lost in all this. Right now the Knicks have the pieces to make it to the finals IMHO, but we arent playing the type of basketball that will get us there. There was one point in the 2nd quarter last night where we shot 6-7 str8 jump shots. The only thing that stopped this stretch of incompetency was a put back off a jump shot. Not a designed play.

Its like MDA has the keys for the best off road vehicle ever made, yet he chooses to drive it like a Lamborghini.

This team is no longer constructed for speed. Conform MDA, conform...

Red

TYPE-A
Yea MDA is the one looking completely lost in all this. Right now the Knicks have the pieces to make it to the finals IMHO, but we arent playing the type of basketball that will get us there. There was one point in the 2nd quarter last night where we shot 6-7 str8 jump shots. The only thing that stopped this stretch of incompetency was a put back off a jump shot. Not a designed play.

Its like MDA has the keys for the best off road vehicle ever made, yet he chooses to drive it like a Lamborghini.

This team is no longer constructed for speed. Conform MDA, conform...

WWPD...

What would Phil (Jackson) Do?

Bench em'?
Call a time out and discuss the fallacy?

Anything but sit back and inadvertantly encourage this!

Red

TYPE-A
Btw...

Dd anyone watch on ESPN last night? I wanted a less bias pov.

Hopefully MDA dvr'd this and watches and LIStens!

Some valuable insight in their analysis. Go back and peep itif you can, and listen to them.

WWPD...

What would Phil (Jackson) Do?

Bench em'?
Call a time out and discuss the fallacy?

Anything but sit back and inadvertantly encourage this!

You think Phil would use his best two players strengths? Melo the best post up SF in the game and MDA is using him strictly as a jump shooter. Not good basketball IMHO. The team as constructed right now might be better served playing inside out rather than outside in.

platnumn

Benchwarmer
Btw...

Dd anyone watch on ESPN last night? I wanted a less bias pov.

Hopefully MDA dvr'd this and watches and LIStens!

Some valuable insight in their analysis. Go back and peep itif you can, and listen to them.

I watched it on ESPN because I knew Van Gundy was commentating.

It's so funny to hear him, it makes me wish he was our coach. HOLD PLAYERS ACCOUNTABLE. YELL AT THEM TO GET BACK ON D.

Van Gundy had SO MUCH to say that could improve the Knicks, it just showed me how much I'd love to have him come coach. Hold every player accountable is what needs to be the motto of this team.

Well what more can I say?
This guy is repeating the same BS every day...the opposition played well, we didn't make our shots and it'll take time until we're a contender.
Thats's exactly the same old story he's telling us since we've lost our home opener against Portland back in October.
I'm so sick and tired of this coach...I wonder what's going through Dolan's head to keep him that long - I mean it's not like we're known for our loyalty as a franchise...(Ewing, Oakley, Mason etc.) so why so loyal towards D'Antoni Mr. Dolan?

Fire them now! All 5 of them.

nyk_nyk

All Star
You think Phil would use his best two players strengths? Melo the best post up SF in the game and MDA is using him strictly as a jump shooter. Not good basketball IMHO. The team as constructed right now might be better served playing inside out rather than outside in.

That's Dantoni insisting on spreading the floor on offense. More proof that this dude doesn't understand how to conform or adjust.

Red

TYPE-A
That's Dantoni insisting on spreading the floor on offense. More proof that this dude doesn't understand how to conform or adjust.

Everyone is questioning the shot selection, specifically quick threes...

But no one questions who gave them, and why do the players have the "green light"... smh.

Just admit it, so we can move on, please!

Everyone is questioning the shot selection, specifically quick threes...

But no one questions who gave them, and why do the players have the "green light"... smh.

Just admit it, so we can move on, please!

I think we all understand who this directive comes from.

I don't get how anyone can expect the Knicks to EVER get to the Finals with MDA as our coach when he couldn't even get to the WCF with the roster he had in Phoenix.

SoCal KnicksFan

Benchwarmer
I don't get how anyone can expect the Knicks to EVER get to the Finals with MDA as our coach when he couldn't even get to the WCF with the roster he had in Phoenix.
Trust me there is ones out there that do. You would think MDA walks on water going by some of the posts..

Frankly his a$$ should already be gone!!!